Howdy! FW Cabin FAQ Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is great advice. We were seeing that you could get it cheaper elsewhere but cheaper is not always better...nor more convenient. Thanks, this will help me to make our decision!

Have a nice day!

Heather, did you get your golf cart from Disney or did you through TeeTime Golf Cart Rental (Kenny). Which did you choose and why? We are just trying to make our decision. Great TR.....very informative! Looks like you had a great time!
Monique

Thanks! It's been fun doing another TR...kinda like reliving the trip.

I know I'm not Heather, but I thought I'd offer my two cents :rolleyes1
I've stayed at The Cabins twice now, and both times we just rented golf carts from Disney. It was just more convenient to go up to the check in desk and rent your cart for the week, then walk outside and get in it and go! It seemed like the majority of people did this. I saw very few carts from the other golf cart rental places while we were there. But I would definitely recommend getting a golf cart, wherever you choose to get it from. We had a blast riding around the campground. We went at Christmas, so at night we would drive around and look at all the campgrounds that were decorated for Christmas! They were amazing!! But anyway, the golf cart will make your stay at Fort Wilderness much more pleasant instead of waiting on a bus to get around the grounds! Hope you have a fun trip! :)

:rotfl: I agree with your info 100%! Especially the part about making your stay more pleasant:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 My husband did pull up this site last night.... (click on the link) Golf Cart Rentals
I have no idea how convenient it would be or anything like that, but it does appear to be cheaper. He said that the next time we go to FW, he will at least check it out.

Heather

I will check that out......oh soooooo much to do and so little time to do it!....but it is all good!:cool1:

Be careful;)....time will slip up on you before ya know it!! 2 months isn't too far off!

Happy Planning! Let us know if you find out any details about other golf cart rentals...I'm interested to know for future reference.

Heather

I know that it will certainly be here before we know it. I have 3 weeks left before my summer holidays start:yay: so then I will have more time to spend on it.

I will let you know if I find out more about other carts.

I'm very new to this board and since we are hoping to get back to WDW sometime in 2012 I thought I'd get on here.

Our family of 3 adults and 3 kids stayed at the Cabins in 2006 and we had the best experience! The kids still talk about it and Grandma (the 3rd adult) had a great time too. She passed away 2 years later and we never regretted taking her to experience Disney. The cabin was very roomy and perfect for how we vacation.

We're thinking of staying at the cabins again but with the price increase for 2012 it's almost getting more than we can afford. We're from Ontario and we don't really want to go in summer b/c of the heat. But going any other time than the value season scares me a little.

Are the summers something I should be scared of - we'd be going right at the end of August and beginning of September?

I'm very new to this board and since we are hoping to get back to WDW sometime in 2012 I thought I'd get on here.

Our family of 3 adults and 3 kids stayed at the Cabins in 2006 and we had the best experience! The kids still talk about it and Grandma (the 3rd adult) had a great time too. She passed away 2 years later and we never regretted taking her to experience Disney. The cabin was very roomy and perfect for how we vacation.

We're thinking of staying at the cabins again but with the price increase for 2012 it's almost getting more than we can afford. We're from Ontario and we don't really want to go in summer b/c of the heat. But going any other time than the value season scares me a little.

Are the summers something I should be scared of - we'd be going right at the end of August and beginning of September?

:welcome: This is a great place to find out anything and everything about Disney!!! I love the Dis...great people, great info!

I will be completely honest and say...YES...the summers are HOT:scared1: I'm from the deep south and it's hot for me. Now...that being said...I think WDW can be fine during August if you do things in the morning and at evening/night. It usually rains in the afternoons and cools things off a bit, too. If we could go during the value season/August...we most definitely would go...we can't because we're already back in school. You could spend the afternoons relaxing by the pool:goodvibes or cruise around in a golf cart...as you know...it's very shaded at FW, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

Good luck deciding...if you click on my trip report link below, you will see pictures of FW, etc. We really liked it!!

Happy Planning!
Heather

Thank you for replying. Ontario gets very hot & humid too which is why it concerns me a bit...I get very cranky in the heat:headache:

OTOH, our kids haven't gone back to school yet, the cost will be less to go during value season and there is such a thing as air-conditioning. I'm a little out of sorts, I suppose.

I noticed you are from Savannah. We will be driving down and want to spend a night or two in that area (I've always wanted to visit there). I think it was the Fort MacAllister State Park where I thought we could stay overnight.

Anyway...thanks again and I will have to give it some more thought.

...we are from Ontario as well and have chosen to go the end of August because the kids are not back in school AND because of the free dining. I know that it will be hot but with the free dining, it makes it do-able for our family of 5.

Good luck choosing!

Thank you for replying. Ontario gets very hot & humid too which is why it concerns me a bit...I get very cranky in the heat:headache:

OTOH, our kids haven't gone back to school yet, the cost will be less to go during value season and there is such a thing as air-conditioning. I'm a little out of sorts, I suppose.

I noticed you are from Savannah. We will be driving down and want to spend a night or two in that area (I've always wanted to visit there). I think it was the Fort MacAllister State Park where I thought we could stay overnight.

Anyway...thanks again and I will have to give it some more thought.

Again...if we could go during Valuse Season, we would...you can save money on resorts AND Disney usually offers deals during these times. It will be hot...but you can do it.;)

We live right outside of Savannah, yes...and Ft. McAllister is in Richmond Hill which is basically south of Savannah...about a 30 minute drive in. My husband says that the state park is right on the water(marsh area)...so bring insect repellant:laughing: We have horrible sand gnats down here. Too bad you won't have more time in Savannah...it's a beautiful city...lots of great history.

Maybe you will run into Princess Fan while at FW...looks like y'all may be there at the same time!

Heather

Heather, did you get your golf cart from Disney or did you through TeeTime Golf Cart Rental (Kenny). Which did you choose and why? We are just trying to make our decision. Great TR.....very informative! Looks like you had a great time!
Monique

We rented from Kenny (Tee-Time) when we went back in Feb 2010. It was very convenient and considerably less $$ than Disney.

Good Morning to all you FW lovers!

I've finished my TR post about the Fort Wilderness Resort...here's a direct link to the actual FW Review....that way you don't have to scroll through and read all the other stuff:laughing:

Fort Wilderness Review and Pictures

This is such a great place to visit! I'm really rather shocked that you don't hear more about it on the DisBoards:confused3 Maybe the folks that stay there aren't members on the Dis...who knows?!

I was hoping for a long weekend trip back to FW in the near future:woohoo: Thought about staying there for the Princess Half, but it's not a host resort, sooooo....that's out of the question. Oh well....

Happy Planning to all of you!
Heather

Hey Everyone!
2 questions....

1. Can you park your car right outside of your cabin or do you have to park elsewhere?

2. If you rent a cart from Disney, let's say, on the first day of your stay and you are going to rent it for the week, do you just keep it with you overnight at your cabin and return it at the end of the week or do you have to return it daily? I know that sounds funny but my friend who is a Travel Agent and called the Cabins said that they told her they were only available between 9 and 5. We were trying to figure out if maybe you could only get them between those times and had to return them by 5 or if you had to pick them up between those times but kept them until you were done renting them......not sure.......:confused3

Thanks everyone!

Hey Everyone!
2 questions....

1. Can you park your car right outside of your cabin or do you have to park elsewhere?

2. If you rent a cart from Disney, let's say, on the first day of your stay and you are going to rent it for the week, do you just keep it with you overnight at your cabin and return it at the end of the week or do you have to return it daily? I know that sounds funny but my friend who is a Travel Agent and called the Cabins said that they told her they were only available between 9 and 5. We were trying to figure out if maybe you could only get them between those times and had to return them by 5 or if you had to pick them up between those times but kept them until you were done renting them......not sure.......:confused3

Thanks everyone!

1. Yes...you can park 1 car and the golf cart outside the cabin. If you click on my trip report below, there are pictures of the parking area in front of the cabins...it's basically only room for 1 car, however some places had 2 cars parked.

2. You keep it the entire week...she probably means that the rental place is open from 9-5.

You might want to go ahead and reserve one just in case it's busy...don't want to take a chance and not have one;) We picked up our cart on Thursday morning and returned it on Saturday morning...only being charged for 2 days. There are places everywhere to plug in the carts...at most parking places for carts. The golf cart will be a huge advantage in getting around FW...you'll love it!

Hope this helps!
Heather

:love: this thread!

I've been to Fort Wilderness but never stayed in the cabins. Thanks for all of the information everyone!

Thanks so much Heather. That does help. It is just strange that the person at Disney said that we couldn't park our car there.....

Looks like we will get a cart. They look like they would be fun and useful.

Thanks again!
Monique

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!