Howdy! FW Cabin FAQ Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere on the boards that the carts all have the same key (a universal key). Maybe that was mentioned in jest. Anyway, I assume you're assigned a particular golf cart when you rent them and there is no risk of someone else taking off with your cart, is that right? I'm thinking of the stroller situation at the parks where sometimes someone can't find theirs, so they just take another.

Absolutely!
Thanks!

I read somewhere on the boards that the carts all have the same key (a universal key). Maybe that was mentioned in jest. Anyway, I assume you're assigned a particular golf cart when you rent them and there is no risk of someone else taking off with your cart, is that right? I'm thinking of the stroller situation at the parks where sometimes someone can't find theirs, so they just take another.
God I hope not.

I keep looking through this Thread, can't seem to find a review over how comfy the beds are, the double beds? Also can I get a bed rail for the bottom bunk? My son will be 2 1/2 I am sure that he will try to sleep on the top, but I am gonna try keep him on the bottom.
It is DH, DS (2 1/2) and Me..........
:woohoo:
~Thanks~

Is there a counter service restaurant at FW? Seems like Crockett's Tavern used to be, maybe?:confused3 but now you can just get snacks from there? Is this correct?

ETA: Also want to ask if there is seating at Crockett's Tavern? Thanks!

Is there a counter service restaurant at FW? Seems like Crockett's Tavern used to be, maybe?:confused3 but now you can just get snacks from there? Is this correct?

ETA: Also want to ask if there is seating at Crockett's Tavern? Thanks!

No counter service - but Trail's End offers take-out on certain items (like fried chicken, which by the way is excellent)...

and you guys seem as nice and as knowledgeable as my buddies on the DCL board.......

anyhow, when we travel to WDW (next year) we will have 4 adults...one 7 yrd old and 1 infink..

will we FIT in the cabins....don't need a lot of space except sleeping, really,but need to fit clothes and luggage.....not much discussion over storage space here that I've seen...

AND: suppose we add another adult?

remember, we just had a week in a ship stateroom where there isn't much space so we don't need to lay about the room..we'll be busy in the parks or on horses or whatever...........

Does anyone know how groceries are delievered? Are they delivered to the room after check in? Does someone need to be at the cabin for delivery? Or will they be delivered to the outpost?

I appreciate your help!

I have had groceries delivered several times to the cabins, and both times, everything was waiting for us in the cabin when we arrived. Someone even put the cold items in the refrigerator. We were scheduled to arrive in the afternoon, so we were lucky that our cabin had been assigned when the person delivering the groceries arrived. It was so easy and convenient.:)

and you guys seem as nice and as knowledgeable as my buddies on the DCL board.......

anyhow, when we travel to WDW (next year) we will have 4 adults...one 7 yrd old and 1 infink..

will we FIT in the cabins....don't need a lot of space except sleeping, really,but need to fit clothes and luggage.....not much discussion over storage space here that I've seen...

AND: suppose we add another adult?

remember, we just had a week in a ship stateroom where there isn't much space so we don't need to lay about the room..we'll be busy in the parks or on horses or whatever...........
You'll fit but it will be close quarters, especially if you add the 5th adult. There is a Pack n Play in the cabin for the infant to sleep in, if required. One issue is going to be storage for your clothes but it is doable. Some may have to just use their luggage as storage. The biggest issue (especially if the 5th adult comes) will probably be the single bathroom. I would suggest requesting one of the first 5 cabins in the the 2100 loop and you would then have easy access to the comfort station nearby in the 1100 loop.

There is a path from the 2100 loop to the comfort station and having access to it will certainly speed things up in the morning when everyone is trying to get ready for the day.

I have had groceries delivered several times to the cabins, and both times, everything was waiting for us in the cabin when we arrived. Someone even put the cold items in the refrigerator. We were scheduled to arrive in the afternoon, so we were lucky that our cabin had been assigned when the person delivering the groceries arrived. It was so easy and convenient.:)

Thank you for your help!! :)

RE: grocery delivery------

what about a tip for the delivery people?

newbie question.;)

I've been looking at videos and photos of the cabins, and I can't seem to figure out where the dressers are. Where do you put all your clothes?

Also, am I correct that FTW doesn't have a health club? Can cabin guests use the Sturdy Branches at WL?

For anyone who has stayed in a cabin in the past year or so, how would you rate the cleanliness and overall condition and how are the mattresses and bedding?

TIA
floatingmickeydisboardsavatar.png

There is a small closet and dresser in the bedroom. There are cabinets in the bathroom, kitchen and living room. That is about it as far as places to put clothing. We just kept our clothes in our suit cases while we were there. Not optimal but it worked for our family.

There is a small closet and dresser in the bedroom. There are cabinets in the bathroom, kitchen and living room. That is about it as far as places to put clothing. We just kept our clothes in our suit cases while we were there. Not optimal but it worked for our family.
Thank you for the info. on the dresser.

Good question ! Anyone know ? For example, say you go to the MNSSHP on the boat and come back late would your cart still be there ? Is it okay to leave it so long ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter