Howard Stern-Grrr-Someone get ride of the slimeball on tv.

OhMari

WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator
With all the hype with Howard Stern going to Satellite radio, I thought he wouldn't be on tv either. My husband asked me why I thought he would loose his tv contract too.

This guy is a slime ball-his show last nite had to be rated Triple X. And his side kick Robin-she is there to make us think what he does on his show is OK.

I'm not a prude-but I'm sure anyone's kids could have seen that last nite on the E Channel-ABC Family on my cable is the channel right next to it.

We're big fans of Howard's. We already have our Sirius hooked up. Can't wait for his 1st show!

My digital convertor has a feature to block programs with a certain rating. Try that and you won't have to see it. Obviously he has an audience or else he wouldn't be on TV. Just b/c you don't like it doesn't mean someone doesn't.

Bad taste isn't reflected in content ratings.

OhMari said:
With all the hype with Howard Stern going to Satellite radio, I thought he wouldn't be on tv either. My husband asked me why I thought he would loose his tv contract too.

This guy is a slime ball-his show last nite had to be rated Triple X. And his side kick Robin-she is there to make us think what he does on his show is OK.

I'm not a prude-but I'm sure anyone's kids could have seen that last nite on the E Channel-ABC Family on my cable is the channel right next to it.

Or, at most, "R".

DH and I are both big fans. IMO, if you don't like it, don't watch it/listen to it..... As far as the E channel being next to ABC family - his show isn't even on until 11pm- I would think the kiddos would be in bed by then.
He is coming off E - they stopped taping a while ago in his studio, and will not be taping his new stuff. He is now a premium channel on "on demand" uncensored (showing the old E shows), and his new shows will be shown on there also uncensored (not taped by E). This is a pay service.
We have subscribed and are waiting for his new shows!!

OhMari said:

First, I am a pretty conservative person, but I LOVE Howard Stern. Second, he did not lose his radio contract, he decided not the renew it and go to Sirius instead. E! is showing old shows. He has lots of new content ON DEMAND, which is PPV.

It is a parent's responsibility to know what his or her child(ren) are watching. No need to take something off the air because a child MIGHT see it. :rolleyes:

We have our Sirius and are looking forward to joining Howard on the other side on January 9!!!

OhMari said:
This guy is a slime ball-his show last nite had to be rated Triple X.

Get a grip. His show has to have the same things edited as other shows. At best any show on non-pay TV is going to be PG13.

It makes me sick when shows are edited and people still want them yanked. If you don't like it, block it and don't watch it.

It's posts like these that prove to me that shows should NOT be edited. People are still going to complain and not block them. Might as well allow those who want to watch, to watch it all.

Years ago when a local radio station replaced their morning drive-time DJs with Howard Stern, they lost me as a listener. His move to Sirius radio gives me one more reason NOT to buy a satellite radio.

I understand what you're saying, Mike. It's really disappointing when people are provided to ability to control things for themselves, but instead of availing themselves of that, they seek to control things for everyone. :sad2:

I don't like Stern. I find nothing interesting or entertaining about him or his programs. Magically, I've never found him monopolizing my radio nor my television. I have total control over NOT watching him, and I responsibly exercise my control, without interfering with anyone else.

JenDaveBrendan said:
DH and I are both big fans. IMO, if you don't like it, don't watch it/listen to it..... As far as the E channel being next to ABC family - his show isn't even on until 11pm- I would think the kiddos would be in bed by then.
He is coming off E - they stopped taping a while ago in his studio, and will not be taping his new stuff. He is now a premium channel on "on demand" uncensored (showing the old E shows), and his new shows will be shown on there also uncensored (not taped by E). This is a pay service.
We have subscribed and are waiting for his new shows!!

I know I don't need to watch his show, but on Central Standard Time he is on at 10:00 p.m. Sorry, I really didn't want to offend anyone.

Towncrier said:
Years ago when a local radio station replaced their morning drive-time DJs with Howard Stern, they lost me as a listener. His move to Sirius radio gives me one more reason NOT to buy a satellite radio.
Well, Sirius is up to 3 million subscribers now. I believe it had only around 1.1 million subscribers at the beginning of this year. I have to believe that Howard moving to Sirius has most likely influenced that number (along with probably some of the sports content).

I miss him- here in the tri-state area they are playing "Best Of" til that silly David Lee Roth comes on next week. I wish our new Jetta had Sirius instead of XM!

To each his/her own- that is why we can change the channel.

Miss Jasmine said:
Well, Sirius is up to 3 million subscribers now. I believe it had only around 1.1 million subscribers at the beginning of this year. I have to believe that Howard moving to Sirius has most likely influenced that number (along with probably some of the sports content).

Ya think. ;)

The guy may be "slime" but at least he doesn't call for people to be assasinated or preach hate.

Sorry, I really didn't want to offend anyone.

I don't think you should feel that way at all. You didn't suggest the government should step in and remove the show from TV. I happen to agree with you that the show is gross and I wish it would go away. I also wish FX wouldn't show Dharma and Greg because it's stupid. Not liking something on TV doesn't make you an instant advocate of censorship, and you shouldn't be made to feel like that's what you were saying.

bicker said:
I understand what you're saying, Mike. It's really disappointing when people are provided to ability to control things for themselves, but instead of availing themselves of that, they seek to control things for everyone. :sad2:

I don't like Stern. I find nothing interesting or entertaining about him or his programs. Magically, I've never found him monopolizing my radio nor my television. I have total control over NOT watching him, and I responsibly exercise my control, without interfering with anyone else.

Same here. I don't like him and don't listen to him. But it's ridiculously easy to block a station with most modern TV's and cable boxes. Just don't watch it. Heck I'm in bed by 10:00 most nights - I had no idea what I was missing.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter