• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how would you wrap Universal tickets for under Christmas tree?

i did gift cards one year which are about the same side and i put them in one of those small boxes that fold in on both sides and kind of look like a semi-flat cylinder. i poked a hole in the horizontal side, wrapped it like a present and ran an ornament hook thru it and hung it on the tree. it was all day before someone noticed! i was bursting waiting!

put them in a refrigerator or other large appliance box along with something that rattles and makes a lot of noise

Last year we gave friends annual passes - heres how I did it:
3 boxes, 2 smaller, 1 BIG box, opened in this order:

1st large shirt box had a spatula (cooking utensil) taped to the bottom of the box - with x-mas themed paper on top of spatula that said, USE THIS TO SCRAPE YOUR JAW OFF THE FLOOR WHEN YOU SEE YOUR GIFT!

2nd box also a shirt box - had a package of toilet paper - X-mas paper on top of package of TP that said; YOU"RE GOING TO POOP YOUR PANTS WHEN YOU FIND OUT WHAT WE GOT YOU!

3rd box was a HUGE box that I got from work (I think it was a case of paper box) absolutely filled with packing peanuts (styrofoam) - at the bottom of this box, was a 3rd shirt box, with a card inside that box. The passes (vouchers) were in that envelope along with a card.

It was lots of fun & they were truly suprised ( & good sports too!!!)

have fun!!!

Haggy princess:

Love the ideas posted so far! I think I will try a few myself.:)

Here are a couple more.

Most party good stores have those large balloons. You can put the tickets inside before blowing it up and then tie it off with lots of pretty ribbons. The fun part is popping the balloon to get at the gift!

If you have ever been to Universal before you should have some pictures. Get a small photo album (theme park or Universal inspired) and place some pictures along with the tickets scattered on the pages. You could even get a few Universal bucks to add to the pages and maybe a park map too.

Another idea, you could place the tickets in a small box and then wrap box in universal bucks.

Buy one of those large covered character cups from the parks, I think you can call Universal to order one. Place tickets inside the cup.

Have fun and let us know how it goes! :)

I would put them in a small jewelry box. Then put that one in a bigger box, and that one in a bigger box and that one in a bigger box.....and it goes on.:D

I am surprising my 8 & 11 year old with a trip for spring break and give it for Xmas. I have flyers, tickets too but what would be the most fun for an 8&11 yearold. I don't think opening 2 tickets would be very fun. I was thinking of getting some pretend dolphins since we are going to Discovery Cove-they don't really even know what universal even is - and maybe wrap the universal flyer and other flyers in a big box. Any other child friendly ideas!!

When we did Disney tics for Christmas for the girls, 5 and 7 at the time, we did a box with new Disney princess nightgowns, t shirts, princess fruitsnacks, brochures, disposable cameras, stuff like that. The actual tickets were in the bottom and the girls had to guess what the present was, kind of like a blues clues type thing where they have to put the clues together to find out what the big gift was.

Does either child like Dr. Seuss? Maybe you can give them a box to open and inside is a card with the cat in the hat or something on it and written inside is some kind of rhyme that tells how they'll be going to US/IOA.

or, if you know of a movie that a ride at US/IOA is based on, that your kids like, you can get them a DVD. You know where they have the area inside the case where it holds paper which usually shows the different "chapters" for the movie? You can always put the tickets in there.

Why not hang the tickets on the tree as part of decorations and after they have opened their gifts you can at any time tell them you are sure Santa left a little present on the tree for them
:genie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter