How would you handle one day @ WL?

jeast

DIS Veteran
I've added a day to our 5 night ressie @OKL, but it will be at WL! I've always wanted to stay there. One night is not much, but what would you do? What park would you visit that day. What would you do that night?

Help me make the most out of our one night stay and enjoy the things that make WL nice and convenient!

WL is our favorite hotel. If it were us, we would have a nice breakfast at WCC. The we would probably rent a pontoon boat or water sprites, lay out by the pool and do some swimming, sit at the Trout Pass bar and visit with my fave bartenders Stuart (or is it Sherman?) and Joanne. And also have a great dinner at the Artist Point. If I went to a park, it may be to MK in the morning (by boat).

Should we head over to WL in the am and then go to MK? Or should we go to MK first, then check in in the afternoon?

Also, I suspect that there will be a Pirates and Princess party scheduled for that night. It would be convenient, but will we miss the best stuff at the resort (evening water parade, fireworks from the lagoon)?

I've just returned from the WL, and spent as much time as I could right there. We spent 4 nights, and went to the MK two days during the stay. We used the boat as transportation, even tho we had a car available. The boat is, to me, a nice addition to all those things the lodge offers it's guests, and is a relaxing ride to and from the park.
I really enjoyed the lobby in the quiet of the early morning. I was one of the "mug people"...those who had their YOMD mugs ready to receive their morning coffee at the Roaring Forks cafe. The lobby can get quite noisy at night, tho. It's usually after 10 before it settles down again.
A poster above suggested several activities around the lodge. Another thing you can do is to join a tour of the lodge. I believe they happen on Wednesday mornings.
Be sure and look up Ranger Stan also. He's a fixture there, I'm told, and has knowlege to impart about this beautiful hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter