ADRs?

• I like to reserve my diners in advance

Votes: 157 69.2%
  • I do not like to reserve my diners in advance

Votes: 70 30.8%

• Total voters
We found the 60 day window to be great at DLR. I wish wdw would go back to this as well!
That would also make sense because it would be in sync with the FP window (at least for onsite guests). It would allow people to do all of their planning at once and make sure it all meshes.

That would also make sense because it would be in sync with the FP window (at least for onsite guests). It would allow people to do all of their planning at once and make sure it all meshes.

They could even make it be the same as FP+ - 60 days for onsite guests and 30 days for non-onsite guests ... another motivator to stay onsite .... or if they don't want the exact same, could do 90 and 60.

I could also see leaving a percentage of tables open for walk ups or "day of" ADRs to help with annual pass and locals who might just go over with next to no planning

I agree I am going to use a non Disney Hotel if I go but having incentives for Disney Hotels makes sense.But I do think 6 months is far too long because its ott

I strongly disagree. I have already addressed all of your points multiple times in multiple posts.

Sigh.
Can we agree that everyone plans differently to suit how they vacation, and that no one way is perfect? These forums were made to discuss possible Disney policies (and for Pete to learn how to make websites) and planning vacations, not to be a pissing match to see who is right. My way is perfect for me, your way is perfect for you, no way is perfect for all.

My wife tells me I'm doing things wrong all the time. I simply say "I'm sorry" but thats because she scares me. On WDW trips I always agree that her way is the right way, that way I don't get hurt.

It isn't smart to go to WDW without a plan, it is a privilege and a painful waste of money.

The above was not MY post.

I don't tell others how to vacation. Truly, I don't really care.

I only explained all the ways ADR's don't work well for my family and why- which was the SUBJECT of this thread. If you don't want to discuss the topic, then don't.

If you don't care to read my opinion, then don't.

Yawn.

I strongly disagree. I have already addressed all of your points multiple times in multiple posts.

Sigh.
The above was not MY post.

I don't tell others how to vacation. Truly, I don't really care.

I only explained all the ways ADR's don't work well for my family and why- which was the SUBJECT of this thread. If you don't want to discuss the topic, then don't.

If you don't care to read my opinion, then don't.

Yawn.
Hi pot, I am kettle.

Hi Folks,

Let's get this thread back on track. Arguing and name-calling of any nature are strictly against DIS Posting Guidelines.

With all due respect, I did not see any name-calling, but rather a difference of opinion.

I didn't know how to vote on this one. I do and don't like reserving them. Right now i wish that the time frame was different. Like say 65 or 80 days in advance. 180 is just insane. It would also be nice to see ADRs for only certain restaurants or character dining. Silly I know but just my opinion.

I didn't know how to vote on this one. I do and don't like reserving them. Right now i wish that the time frame was different. Like say 65 or 80 days in advance. 180 is just insane. It would also be nice to see ADRs for only certain restaurants or character dining. Silly I know but just my opinion.

I do not think that is silly at all. I understand for V&A's but theme park dining thats silly. I personally think by having them is taking the 'Mickey' out of the park

Hi Folks,

Let's get this thread back on track. Arguing and name-calling of any nature are strictly against DIS Posting Guidelines.

Sorry If I have been doing that . I will refrain from doing that. I am sometimes have strong opinions if it offends you. I will delete it immediately. But of course will make sure not to try to offend or annoy anyone

I do not think that is silly at all. I understand for V&A's but theme park dining thats silly. I personally think by having them is taking the 'Mickey' out of the park
Yes, V & A, CRT, Chef Mickey, Le Celler, Crystal Palace things like that, sure give me an ADR option. Theres not even a chance to have walk ups for most of these places which is really sad. A family can't feel like its ok to change their minds or do something on the whim. There has to be a better way.

Sorry If I have been doing that . I will refrain from doing that. I am sometimes have strong opinions if it offends you. I will delete it immediately. But of course will make sure not to try to offend or annoy anyone

You haven't done anything wrong. No worries! :)

Honestly, I don't think I'd have the stamina to get through a long day at a Disney park if I didn't have a sure place to regroup. I'm not even that picky about where I eat. I just like an escape from the hustle bustle at some point in the day.

There is something about this that just rubs me the wrong way. Disney wants us to "uber" plan our vacations with them thus FP+ MDE etc. So now they might take away ADRs? I just don't see how that is even logical.

I want to eat at certain times of the day for various reasons. If I can't eat at Yachtsman until 8 pm.....I am not going. $$$ lost. That is not an inexpensive meal to say the least.

I hear a lot of people complain about lines etc. so my question to those folks is this: how do you think the "lines" will be at the popular restaurants when you walk up?

Also consider the impact on FP+ reservations. I just don't see how this can work.

I don't think it is silly - I mean, that is how the real world works right? Popular and/or fancy restaurants you need to make a reservation but if you are just going to Chili's (or Fridays or whatever) you just go and put your name in

Just like not all rides have Fastpass I don't think it is unreasonable for some restaurants to have ADRs and some not

I hear a lot of people complain about lines etc. so my question to those folks is this: how do you think the "lines" will be at the popular restaurants when you walk up?

And that is why I don't see it moving to all restaurants not having ADRs ... people complain about long lines at rides or hated having to do the "running of the bulls" to get Toy Story Fast passes ... well, how is hitting up rope drop to run to get in line for BOG or whatever. And with resort restaurants like 'Ohana's how would that work? Have to spend 1/2 your day outside of a park on line to eat there or to put your name in?

I think it would be wonderful if most people could walk up to most restaurants without an ADR and be sat within 30 mins but with the crowds the way they are I just don't see how that is realistic. I and for one would much rather stress about getting an ADR 180 days and then know if I have it or not than go into a day having no idea what will work out as far as where to eat and when

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter