How was the Beach Bash?

lilfish

Earning My Ears
We are going in August -

I was wondering if there were any reviews on the Beach Bash from last night!!! Hope it was a blast! :)

We arrived at 7pm and were able to ride all the rides. Major rides closed at 8pm. The wave pool and lazy river stayed open for the event.

At 9:30 the party began. They also served light refreshments consisting of chips, water, lemonade, and cookies. There was a dance party and some activities. Not sure what else because we left at 10.

It was pretty crowded but we had a great time!

We got there just after 7. Shark Reef had closed at 5, but Crush & Gusher stayed open for a little while (at least until 8). C&G did close for the party, however. All the slides were opened through the entire party, as was the lazy river & wave pool.

Snacks - they had Doritos, Lays, & BBQ chips. Lemonade & water. Mickey bars, Mickey sandwiches, and orange creamsicles. Also had a few kiosks opened with food for sale. Several makeshift bars around were selling drinks. All food & beverages very accessible with minimal lines.

Dance party was extremely well done - DJ had 4 very good assistants and they kept the kids entertained. My 16 & 14 y/o loved it. Dancing, hula contests, water balloon contests, etc.

Lilo & Stitch, and Minnie & Mickey were doing M & G's with minimal waits.

We thought it was among the best after hours special party we've attended with Disney, because we felt they kept the crowd numbers so low (really never felt crowded). We did a lot, our teens LOVED it, and we were pleased that it was organized and better than advertised. From check-in to departure, they did this one right.

2 fun notes. We were atop of TL about to ride the body slides (Stern Burner and those) and we watched, with a perfect view, the rocket launch of the Delta IV from Cape Canaveral! Then, they provided coach buses for transportation back to the resorts!

All in all, great night!

Appreciate the reviews as we are going on Aug. 4th. I have to say, those are two very different reviews! The first one saying that major rides closed at 8:00 before the actual start of event (9:30) and the other saying all rides (with exception of CG and Shark Reef) were open for entire party. Quite a difference between food offerings in both reviews as well. In any respect, glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the night. We are looking forward to it!

Going Aug 4th also cant wait. Happy to hear that slides are open I was a little worried after first post. Sounds like we are going to have some fun. It is kind a strange sitting here at home and knowing in 11 days I,ll be at the Beach Bash.

I'm not sure why imahistorygeek felt the slides were closed. They were closed briefly to vacate the park of non-DVC'ers, so perhaps this is the reason. The DJ kept reiterating it - telling folks that the slides were open.

Also, the DJ & crew would play for 15-30 minutes, then take a 30-45 minute break; so they weren't constantly playing songs/games.

We were there last night as well. Maleficient's Dad pretty much nailed it. Everything was open except Shark Reef (which did have a minimal wait Mickey and Minnie meet and greet) and Crush'n Gusher which apperantly closes at dusk (around 8:30) - so if you want to ride that, do it early. Other than that, everything was open until 12:30.

Go hungry for snacks. You can get them at Leaning Palms or Typhoon Tilly's. Note that they won't set this up until abot 9pm. We ate a bunch of those creamsicle pops.

Great event!

Thanks for a great report! We're looking forward to attending. Do you remember where LILO & Stitch were meeting? And what time their M&G started?

Also, were lockers and towels provided? I think I remember seeing they were but wanted to make sure. Thanks again!

Thanks for a great report! We're looking forward to attending. Do you remember where LILO & Stitch were meeting? And what time their M&G started?

Also, were lockers and towels provided? I think I remember seeing they were but wanted to make sure. Thanks again!
Lockers and towels were still rented out during the party. We paid $10 + $5 deposit for the large locker(and then choose to get the sling bag instead of deposit back)
But we brought towels.

LILO and Stitch were right near the entrance / lockers
I think the M&G started when the party officially started at 9:30

If you go early, lockers are discounted.
I think you had to get the locker before 8, and it was only $2-5 (plus the deposit). Prices went up to regular rates after 8.
Towels were $2 per
Mickey & Minnie met at shark reef. The later you go, the less the wait. Initially there was a slight rush to Lilo & Stitch, as they were right at the main area near the DJ booth.

If you go early, lockers are discounted.
I think you had to get the locker before 8, and it was only $2-5 (plus the deposit). Prices went up to regular rates after 8.
Towels were $2 per
Mickey & Minnie met at shark reef. The later you go, the less the wait. Initially there was a slight rush to Lilo & Stitch, as they were right at the main area near the DJ booth.

Thanks for the tip on the lockers. We may send my husband in early to rent a locker then come back and wait with us. Depends how the traffic is getting there. I know how bad the dtd traffic can be and avoid it.

We got there just after 7. Shark Reef had closed at 5, but Crush & Gusher stayed open for a little while (at least until 8). C&G did close for the party, however. All the slides were opened through the entire party, as was the lazy river & wave pool.

Snacks - they had Doritos, Lays, & BBQ chips. Lemonade & water. Mickey bars, Mickey sandwiches, and orange creamsicles. Also had a few kiosks opened with food for sale. Several makeshift bars around were selling drinks. All food & beverages very accessible with minimal lines.

Dance party was extremely well done - DJ had 4 very good assistants and they kept the kids entertained. My 16 & 14 y/o loved it. Dancing, hula contests, water balloon contests, etc.

We thought it was among the best after hours special party we've attended with Disney, because we felt they kept the crowd numbers so low (really never felt crowded). We did a lot, our teens LOVED it, and we were pleased that it was organized and better than advertised. From check-in to departure, they did this one right.

2 fun notes. We were atop of TL about to ride the body slides (Stern Burner and those) and we watched, with a perfect view, the rocket launch of the Delta IV from Cape Canaveral! Then, they provided coach buses for transportation back to the resorts!

All in all, great night!

Were all the snacks for free? Specifically...the Mickey bars! :flower:

For those that went...how did you get there? W/the dvc transportation (starting at 8 pm?) Or regular Disney transportation?

So exciting! :) This sounds like a great event! We will be there in August.....counting down the days..... 10.....9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter