• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How 'unusual' is the food at Boma

Have to agree - if you are used to eating any type of ethnic food, the food at Boma's is not exotic at all. Even a picky eater can find something to eat there and there are many dishes which are not spicy.

I found the restaurant WAY too noisy and chaotic when we were there, although I enjoyed visiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm also not a big fan of buffets.

We tried Boma's for the 1st time last year. DH was skeptical (and he's the adventurous eater!), but it was I, the meat and potates gal who grew up in NE PA no where near any fish or anything else different, who wanted to try it. We all loved it. My 2 girls (then 2 and 9) found things they tried and liked as well. The names are different, but the foods aren't all that exotic. There were a few things I didn't like and a few things that were spicy, but most was not. DH and I have been taking Prilosec for like 2 yrs. DD (2) took it Zantac from 8 weeks of age to a month before our trip and even she did fine. YOu should try it. I'm one of those people that think you should try something and if you don't like it, don't eat it or don't go back again. I think alot of people who haven't been to Boma are skeptical, but once they try it they are like..wow..look what I would have missed!

Boma seems to be a love it or hate it kind of place, so please give it a try! Can you tell we are in the loved it crowd? :)

It's so hard to base your choices on other peoples opinions. Food varies widely around the country, and what is "spicy" or "exotic" to someone in South Dakota (where I've never been and just chose randomly) could be normal and boring to someone from new york city.

As an example, so many people on the DIS love Olive Garden and to us, living in an area full of Italians and Italian restaurants, it's just OK and sometimes not even that good.

Try it and write a report when you get back!

Forever42 said:
The food is pretty normal to us, we eat hummus, couscous, etc on a daily basis. I think some people might be put off by the names of things, but everything's pretty normal food. It's not really spicy or heavily spiced, either.
::yes::
all three of us liked it, a good variety, gorgeous ambience

Jean

We ate both breakfast and dinner and liked the breakfast. I was suprised at dinner. I thought we would have spicy food- it was all sweet! I didn't care for it and actually ate off the kids part with the chicken fingers and mac-n-cheese. To each their own. I say try it! Everybodys palletes are different.

We LOVED it! It was such a welcome suprise! I was worried about my DH who is strictly a meat and potatos man....or mac and cheese. Will not vary from the norm! And he tried almost everything like I did, then found his favorites, and went back for more! This is truely saying a lot since he gags whenever I make myself spinich or broccoli and could eat my mom's meatloaf every day of the week if it was made available to him.

the food at Boma has a wide selection from the slightly unusual to mac and cheese unless you are freakishly picky you should be fine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter