How to thank a REALLY good CM in MS?

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by jekjones1558, Mar 29, 2006.

1. jekjones1558

jekjones1558 Always happy at Disney

I will send a note. I will call and talk to a manager. Any other ideas? This CM went above and beyond at a time we really needed such kindness.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Maistre Gracey

Maistre Gracey <font color=red>Still trying to figure out the mys

I think a note/letter to their supervisor is the best idea.
    Something about a good ole' old fashioned letter (not email) that really speaks volumes. It shows the event was important enough for you to take the time and compose a letter.

Let us know how it works out! :smokin:

MG

4. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

A written letter is the best thanks you can give them and will be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup2

5. jekjones1558

What address do I use?

6. MinnieGirl33

MinnieGirl33 Hockey Mom

WDW Guest Communications
    P.O. Box 10040
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Also, if this was a DVC CM you might want to cc the letter to Member Services.

CM's do get recognition for guest service letters so I am sure he/she will appreciate it very much.

7. MinnieGirl33

MinnieGirl33 Hockey Mom

Ok, duh! I just re-read your post where you said it was a MS CM.

I think it would be:

Disney Vacation Club
    ATT: Carli D'Agostino, Member Satisfaction Manager
    200 Celebration Place
    Celebration, FL 34747

I'm guessing it would still go to Carli but I would send it to the main WDW address too. Also, FWIW, you might want to include your member # with the rest of your contact info.

8. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

I would write the above mentioned letter to management, but I would also purchase a thank you card and send it to the CM at the DVC address as well. I love it when my boss gets a compliment about me, but when I actually receive a thank you card it REALLY means alot. I keep them forever in a file and pull them out to re-read on difficult days. :)

9. Twingle

Twingle DIS Veteran

Okay, I've been on the boards waayyy too long - I was reading your post like you had an awesome CM on MISSION SPACE not MEMBER SERVICES.

Dur.

Glad you spoke with a helpful CM though!

10. jekjones1558

I called MS and a manager suggested that I send a letter to the CMs supervisor. He gave me her name. I also asked if CMs are allowed to accept small gifts and he said "yes." So I think I will include a small gift card with my thank you note. Thanks to all for suggestions.

11. DrTomorrow

DrTomorrow Your Disney friend from the Future!<br><font color

All good advice, particularly for the situation where it is a MS (not M:S ;) ) CM.

What we do for any CM is carry around some thank-you cards. I can't remember where I saw them, but they are MS Word docs with 8 cards to a page. You can customize them - they have a Disney character and something like "Thank you for making our Disney experience even more magical". We have a few out each trip, and the CMs are uniformly appreciative - one young lady even got a little teary-eyed.

Of course, we also send official letters when warrented, but these are more immediate.