How to ship fudge?

hAm53

hi!!!
With a fridge full of half-set fudge (only started making it last night), we just started worrying if there would be any troubles shipping it from here in FL to NY?
Is there a proper way to ship fudge? We'll be wrapping a few pieces of each flavor in wax paper and putting them into little holiday tins. Its about 3 - 4 days from here to NY, so we're not sure if it will melt in that time, and we should use 2 day air.
we just moved down here 2 weeks ago, and we married in sept so money's a little tight. we figured fudge might be a good alternative than yet ANOTHER shirt for dad or candy dish for mom. especially since we won't be able to make it home for x-mas. at least they'll be enjoying our presents.
thanks!

I had no problem shipping fudge to a friend when he was stationed in the Middle East. I don't remember exactly how I mailed it - probably wrapped it in Saran type wrap. I know I mailed it with other goodies.

Would you like my address? Sounds yummy!

Is there a baking site that has shipping tips?? good luck and enjoy your first married Christmas!

well i did a little experiment. we left a couple pieces wrapped in wax paper on our counter for a day (so far), and its perfectly fine, so i'm confident that it'll make it up the east coast in good shape.
as far as the recipe i modified a bunch that i found online:
put wax paper in whatever size pan you'd like to use.
in a 3.5 pot (b/c that's the right size in the set we have) melt ove med heat: 2.5 cups sugar, i stick butter, and 2/3 cup evaporated milk. stir occasionly, but do not allow to boil.
as soon as the above are melted, add one 7 oz far marshmellow fluff.
bring mix to a boil, and constantly stir with a whisk for 5 minutes.
remove from heat and stir in 8-10 oz of whatever choc chips you would like.
when choc and fluff mix are combined, fold in whatever "extras" you'd like.
pour mix into wax papered pan. chill for 3-4 hours.
put on sweatpants and eat all the fudge. :)

i've made peppermint fudge with mint chips and crushed candy canes, cookies n cream by using white chocolate (added 1 tspn vanilla extract when adding chips) and crushed oreos, peanut butter is really easy as well. and of course rocky road is best to add walnuts with the chocolate, and RIGHT BEFORE you're about to pour the mix into the pan add some mini-marshmellows (so they get a little melty, but still hold their shape).
since we have 3/4 of our fridge full of fudge, i've topped the batches with what they are, not only for presentation, but so I can tell that the ones with candycanes on the top are peppermint.
it was super easy, but very time consuming.
16 tins of fudge cost us $80 for the ingredients (although with planning we could have bought things when they were on sale weeks prior and saved some money), and $1.69 per tin, shich works out to be about $6.70 per gift. but they look a ton better than that. :)

Sounds like a fabulous gift...While you said you would be wrapping them in wax paper, I would recommend then putting each flavor in its own ziploc (or whatever brand you use) bag, so that the flavors don't mix.

My mom used to mail fudge to me when I was in college. She would wrap the pieces in wax paper and pack in popped pocorn. It arrived just fine.

Those were the days! Had to hide the fudge so my roommate didn't eat it all! And I still hide fudge from my family when I make it so I can always have the last piece! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter