• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to request a room catagory at the OKW resort

Donna feetham

Earning My Ears
We are checking in on Thursday 4/26/24 at OKW. I need a firstb floor as I can't walk up the stairs and also have a medical scooter.
Who can I get in touch with to make this mrequest.

Requests can be made by contacting member services. Room may already be assigned in the system this close. I’d go directly to checkin at the resort for a room check or adjustment, if don’t get that first floor. Only a few buildings have an elevator.

I would certainly try contacting Member Services asap! Do go to the desk when you arrive to confirm first floor. Fingers crossed for you!

When you contact Member Services be sure to indicate you need 1st floor for medical reasons.

Agree you should call MS ASAP to get the request on your reservation, and go to the front desk upon arriving at the resort - as early as you can. In the future, I'd recommend you contact MS when you make the reservation if you have a need such as this for medical reasons. It will improve the chances of the scheduler to get you what you need.

For as much as we love OKW, not including elevators in most of their buildings was a significant oversight and mistake. As a secondary request, you might ask for a building with an elevator. A few have them.

The good news it is very rare for this request not to granted, as about 40%+ of OKW rooms enter on the first floor, EXCEPT Grand Villas, there are only 3 of the Grand Villas accessible with a scooter. If you have a scooter and are reserving a GRand Villa, you must specifically reserve a HA unit when you make the reservation. I've always gotten first floor when needed, as my Mom traveled with a manual wheelchair for about 15 years. Sometimes we'd get an HA room, even though it wasn't necessary, but as long as it was first floor that was our main concern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter