How to Plan a Private Anniversary Dessert Party at Epcot

I know I am way behind in this but I just did a Google search for info about Dessert parties and found your report!

Does anyone know if small dessert parties are still avaialble? I have a group of 6 of us going for our wedding and would love to do this before the day.

I think the best thing to do is call, since things change so often and everyone gets told something different. And then, if you don't get the answer you want, call back and speak to someone else! :rotfl:

Oh I only just found this, and thought it would be a fantastic idea for the night before the wedding with just the 6 family members and not all the guest as I wanted to watch Illuminations that night anyway, how disapointing to carry on reading to find out they have stopped them at this location :(

Looks like a fantastic evening Carrie :)

Sarah, I wouldn't give up just yet! I was given that info last year, so it could very well be that this location is available again - check with your planner! :thumbsup2

Sarah, I wouldn't give up just yet! I was given that info last year, so it could very well be that this location is available again - check with your planner! :thumbsup2

Thanks, fingerscrossed it will be back nearer the time or perhaps already is.
Im trying not to get my hopes up with too much that I want for the wedding as im worried Disney will change things in the next 2 years before my date. Like they will do something stupid and Wishes won't be showing, Escape weddings will become a thing of the past, The Grand 1 will disapear etc haha!! As you may guess i over panic, and plan way to far ahead :rotfl::rolleyes1

Just discovered this option. Looking to book a dessert party at uk pubside for October. Do you have any idea if the $320 plus tax cost still applies? That sounds perfect. Will they accommodate allergies? Thanks.

Thanks lurkyloo! Now that my cake is ordered I'm on to planning my birthday trip in October. Been to Disney over sixty times. I haven't seen illuminations since 1998. The kids are finally old enough to stay up late! This should be an awesome way to celebrate!

Hi iv been reading through this n love the idea of a private dessert party for our wedding anniversary next year. Can I just ask is it ok for us to have our two sons with us aged 6 n 9 next year or is it just for adults? Thanks Ainsley xx

Yes! There is no age limit. You can have up to 10 people of any age at UK Pubside and Bonsai Terrace (Japan). Other locations allow more people.

Lurkyloo, I have seen threads with your Wedding pics before and I do think you and your husband are a beautiful couple !

Emailed Disney yesterday. Haven't heard back yet. I figure I'll call them when I'm down in two weeks.

Am I on the right track for keeping in the minimums for UK pubside? Here's what I'm thinking. There will be five of us.

Selection of dried meats and aged cheese with dried fruits, grapes, apples with chutney, bread, crackers

Ice cream novelties BOC

chocolate dipped strawberries

Cotton candy

Minnie mouse sugar cookies with red icing dipped ears

Milk, fruit punch, water

Will they do small amounts of each to accommodate the small group? Or will I need to cut variety?

The only way to cut costs is by cutting variety or type, not quantity (except the BOC ice cream, of course). But since you need to spend what amounts to $50/person, I think this menu will be fine—it may actually not be enough to meet the minimum! Your planner will get a price from the chef, and then you can adjust from there. If you're really close, you might ask the chef to come up with something that will take you up/down to the minimum.

The only way to cut costs is by cutting variety or type, not quantity (except the BOC ice cream, of course). But since you need to spend what amounts to $50/person, I think this menu will be fine—it may actually not be enough to meet the minimum! Your planner will get a price from the chef, and then you can adjust from there. If you're really close, you might ask the chef to come up with something that will take you up/down to the minimum.
Thanks! Disney got back to me this afternoon. They are going to get the okay for UK pubside. Forwarded menus to me and the planner is having the chef call me to go over the menu because my daughter has life threatening nut allergies. I hope my menu will be doable. I am really intent on keeping to the minimums. So excited. Thanks for all your help Carrie. The planner said I was very well informed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter