How To Pack For A Late November Trip

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by jhaig, Oct 3, 2012.

1. jhaig

jhaig Still looking for Donald's pants

Is it still shorts and T-shirt weather in late Nov - early Dec at WDW? We are coming from NY where it will usually be around the 40-ish degree mark. Will 75 degrees in Florida feel like the surface of the sun to us?

I just don't know how to prepare. My original plan was to pack like we do for a summer trip, just light shirts and shorts, then have each of us take a sweatshirt and maybe some light pants, etc. Maybe it would be easier to just buy something at the resort (Contemporary) if we need it?!?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lovbeinmom

lovbeinmom Mouseketeer

A few years ago, we went in November. During the day the weather was warm but at night we needed a light jacket or sweater. I would pack a sweater.

4. jlh512

jlh512 Johnny

A few years ago in early November it was 45. Bring a little bit of everything. Thankfully with modern technology you can have an idea of what the weather will be before you leave.

5. Disney4d

Disney4d Earning My Ears

We went The first week of December 2010, and hit a cold spell. Daytime highs in the 50 & 60's and lows in the 30's and very windy. Never wore shorts but needed a winter coat and gloves. This was not the norm for FL, but check the forecast before you leave, I was glad I did.

6. carrie1626

carrie1626 DIS Veteran

You'll have to depend on the forecasted weather the day before you leave to really know.
    For me it's night and day between daytime high's of 60's compared to 70's.

In 2006, Thanksgiving week, it was unusually cold ( low 60's). I had to wash the few jeans and sweatshirts we brought because it's all we wore. You could tell all the guests who had to buy warmer clothing because so many people had the same sheatshirts on at the same time.

Normally it s/b shorts/capris and tanks/t-shirt during the day, adding a sweatshirt or hoodie in the early morning and evening. Definetly bring a pair of long pants. ( you'll probably be wearing them when you leave home anyway :upsidedow)

7. tink2044

tink2044 DIS Veteran

You must have been there when my son and daughter-in-law were in 2010. They couldn't believe how cold it was. We've been there in December when it was hot. You just don't know about weather.

8. jlh512

jlh512 Johnny

Disney had tons of winter clothes on portable racks when we were there when it was cold in November. You could tell people did not check the weather report before they left. They were buying it all up. Of course we did too so that we could sport our Disney gear in the cold NJ months.

9. Jiminy'sGirl

Jiminy'sGirl DIS Veteran

We go during the first to second week of November every year.

We have been living in the south for 10+ years now, so this may temper our cold tolerance.

I usually pack a jacket for everyone. Most days we wear shorts and a shirt sleeve top with a long sleeve white tee under. About lunchtime the under tee comes off. About 7pm it goes back on. By 8 we are in the jackets. I often wear jeans and I honestly cannot remember the last time I felt too warm. Bu again, I do run cold.

10. JenniD44

JenniD44 Mouseketeer

I agree with the pp who said to check the weather forcast before you leave. That will give you an idea of what to pack. We've gone the week after Thanksgiving 4 or 5 times and the weather has really varied. One year the days were very pleasant, but we needed coats (like NF Denali jackets and I layered with a hoodie) and gloves for the evenings. That was just once. Another year it was in the 80s during the day and we went to one of the waterparks. Even at night that year we didn't need jackets. Normally, most days are shorts weather with a sweatshirt at night and possibly some long pants.

11. nuts4elid

nuts4elid Earning My Ears

Last year, we thought it to be quite comfortable during the day (capris/shorts - even jeans some days). However, once the sun set, it became quite cool. We wore long pants and jackets most evenings.

PS...We stayed at the WL and I remember freezing on the boat rides to and from the MK/Fort Wilderness/CR at night. Wow!!! The wind off of Bay Lake was soooo cold we couldn't wait to get to the WL for warmth!!

12. Maggie Lizer

Maggie Lizer DIS Veteran

I'd wait to pack and check the forecast in the days before you leave to see what the trend appears to be. When I went in January 2009, it was bitter cold the first few days we were there (one day, I swear it was only about 40 degrees with a fierce wind) but by the end of our stay it was back up to the 70s as daily highs. Had to pack the gamut for that trip.

13. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

Pack it all. Be prepared for 80 or 30 and you'll be fine.;)

14. heather13

heather13 DIS Veteran

Agree to bring a bit of everything! Forecast for last two days of Nov, first few of Dec was in the 70s for us. First day was almost 90 and so hot we were sweating in shorts & lightweight shirts (and princesses dresses!). Last day was so cold that the monorail had problems due to frost on the tracks. We needed sweaters & jeans and probably could have used mittens. Fortunately we were heading home anyway and were ready to wear warm things.

15. scdak

scdak DIS Veteran

I was there then too, the first day was great, after that it was COLD, I have pics of my mother wrapped in a blanket to stay warm esp in the evenings despite having on a heavy sweatshirt zip jacket, gloves and a hat! Even I was cold, and I am not often cold. Pack clothing you can layer as needed esp for the evenings that you might be out and about, you can always take off items but its hard to put on something you haven't brought with you! Its a great reason to buy new sweatshirts, gloves, hats etc but it sure does blow your budget!

16. cadd10

cadd10 Earning My Ears

We went the Thursday after Thanksgiving in 2008 and 2010. 2008 was perfect weather temperture wise. We packed a little of everything. I remember it was a little chilly in the early mornings or after the sun went down, but it was comfortable.

2010 started out nice, but by Tuesday it was so cold and windy. We have long underwear and hats and gloves and could not get warm. By the end of the week, it had warmed back up.

We now go at the beginning of November hoping to miss the cold spells.

17. guppy1013

guppy1013 Mouseketeer

In 2008 it was 80+ degrees the weekend after Thanksgiving. I remember sitting with my margarita outside at the Cantina in Epcot, on the phone with my friend who was preparing to go to a football game in Ohio in 20 degree blizzard weather. We will be there Dec 1-4 this year...hoping for the same!!

18. erisgirl44

erisgirl44 Earning My Ears

In 2009, we went at the end of Nov. Everyone wore pants and t-shirts. At night, there were times that a light jacket or hoodie was needed. :thumbsup2

19. W.E.D.

W.E.D. Haunted Mansion junkie

Last year it was mild at that time. We had shorts and t-shirts on most of the trip. Got chilly a couple nights, but that was it.

I've been told (from the DIS) that it varies so pack a little of everything.

20. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

There is no way to predict the weather this far in advance.

In addition, you are asking a very subjective question. What is hot or cold to you, may not be the same to me.

Best to check the weather forecast about two days before you leave and then pack accordingly, with layers that can be easily removed during the day and put back on the evening if it gets chilly.

Florida is part of the Atlantic, not the Caribbean, where there is a small range of temperatures that it hardly varies.

I have been the week after Thanksgiving almost every year since 2000 and the weather has never been the same twice.

21. jhaig

jhaig Still looking for Donald's pants

Maybe I'll pack for warm weather then buy heavier clothes if needed. Any excuse to buy more Disney gear, right?