How to get from here to there while at Disney

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Disney*Dreamer, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Disney*Dreamer

Disney*Dreamer DIS Veteran

Okay, I need some direction and I am hopeing that you great Disers can help me. I have a few that I need.

1) how to get from MK to the Contemporary? Do I take the monarail? Is there a different monarail that I need to get on than the one that goes to/from the parking lot? Then how do I get back to MK from there? We have ressies at Chef Mickey the day we are going to be at MK.

2) Where at the Contemporary do I go for a Wishes cruise that is to leave from there.

3) what is the best way to get from the POP to the Contemporary?

4) POP to downtown

5)Downtown to AKL?

6) POP to AKL?

We will have our car, so that is an option also, besides Disney transportation. And I have never been to any resorts or used Disney Transportatin before, so I have no idea how it works.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

Hope this helps!

4. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Excellent directions... but, um, you may want to make sure that light is green before you go through it :teeth:

5. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

Another option when going to the Contemporary from the Magic Kingdom is using the walkway, which is about a 10 minute walk or less. Of course if you feel tired from walking around the Magic Kingdom, then the Resort Monorail is the way to go.

6. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

If at all possible, I'd use the walkway from the Contemporary to the MK. It's a lot nicer than riding the monorail and making all the other stops along the way. We use it and only takes us about 10 minutes.

7. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

We always have a vehicle with us, and while others leave theirs in the parking lot and use Disney Transportation, we never have. We take our car for convenience. It's one of the reasons we rent a car. Of course, I wouldn't drive from MK to Contemporary-monorail, or walking, is the way to go. Over the years I've thought about using DT when going to MK since the busses get to park so close, but we've never done it (what with a stroller, etc.)

We also don't drive from MK to Epcot if we are park hopping. Sometime we will park at the park we are ending our day at, and then monorail over to the other. However, if our first park is Epcot, during the less busy times you can park really close, so we'll park at Epcot and monorail to MK later that day. That's assuming we aren't going to take a pool break back at POP, though (are you confused yet? :confused: )

8. Mkrop

Mkrop <font color=coral>I just cant go on demand<br><fon

CR is the first stop on the resorts monorail from MK. You are there real quick. We have done the walk too. Either way.

9. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

I meant going from the Contemporary to the MK.

10. Mkrop

Mkrop <font color=coral>I just cant go on demand<br><fon

Sorry.

11. disneyfaninaz

disneyfaninaz It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

12. Disney  Doll

Disney Doll DIS Security Matron

1. MK to Contemporary- monorail or walk
    2. Wishes cruise- out the back of the resort to the marina
    3. Pop to Contemporary- either drive, or take the bus to the MK and the monorail or walk to the Contemporary, or take a cab
    4. Pop to Downtown- bus or cab or drive
    5. Dwontown to AKL- bus or cab or drive
    6. Pop to AKL- bus to a park or DTD then change to the AKL bus or cab or drive

13. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

It's okay!:hug:

14. Disney*Dreamer

Disney*Dreamer DIS Veteran

Thanks so much everyone. I am going to print these off and then hopefully not get lost.

Off to check out that website too.