how to get around the two boys not wanting to share a bed!

butterfly26

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We are planning, or trying to plan, our next trip to Disney for DH's big birthday and our anniversary in March 2016, so plenty of time yet!! :rotfl: Our problem is our boys will be 21 and 18 and don't want to share a bed, no matter how big it is! :rotfl2: DH and I were looking at Caribbean beach, at the moment they are offering free Disney Dining, that mat be different by next year I know, but can anyone out there throw some light on how we could manage this? Or any other ideas where we could stay, on site, that would fit the four of us comfortably? Without breaking the bank :worship: T.I.A.

You could rent DVC points and get a one bedroom at any of the places that have a chair bed... then one would get the pullout couch and one the pull out bed.

The one bed villas at OKW have a king bed, a double pull out and a single pull out. My 13 stone 6 foot 2 sixteen year old slept happily on the single pull out for 15 nights. I have to say we loved this accommodation but didn't care for OKW as a resort much at all. The fast food place is uber lame (I did realise that before we travelled) and the pool area very average. The bar was also super grotty. So. Our favourite accommodation for the four of us would be the OKW 1 bed villa it was fabulous but the resort was poor IMO. We also had sofa bed at Beach Club one year but that seemed to be smaller and of course then all four of you are in one room. You could also book two moderate or two value rooms and benefit from four beds and two bathrooms too.

O.K. 4 adults take a deep breath & think back to when you were that age .

Now think positive and think about a villa .... outside of the Disney area ......

Think less of huge amount of park tickets & Think about other Adult things to do around the area.

I would be interested in the answers too as we are a group of 3 who prefer a bed each, we are at Caribbean beach at the moment ( have come here every two years since 2006) and previously we have requested a roll away bed with no problems this time we arrived and after a mess around with the room ( that's another story) we were told they no longer have roll away beds in any resorts except Deluxe due to it being a fire hazard!

We did get a roll away bed and at no charge due to the room mess up and they removed a couple of chairs but we now know it will no longer be an option so will need new places to stay, we are very sad about that as we love CBR :(

We have the same issue with my two boys so this is why we moved offsite then bought into DVC. We book a 2 bedroom villa of both our boys are coming or at least a 1 bedroom at either BLT or AKV Kidani. You can rent DVC points

Or you could just get a separate room for the 2 boys

Last edited:
Would booking two rooms at either a moderate or value resort work for you? Then your sons would each have their own beds and you'd have 2 bathrooms. Or renting DVC points for a villa could be another option.

We have just made an extra bed on the floor so they could swap around as all hotels are 2 doubles in Disney unless you went for a Disney villa Saratoga springs but your be looking at a lot more money free Disney dining for 2016 finishes in October of you are wanting to get that deal

We also have two boys 19 and 17 now but they will be 21 and 19 by the time we go back. We've always had the same problem and resolved it by requesting a room with a day bed. They then have to decide who gets the double and who gets the single (day bed) but it seems to work. The day bed is very comfy and easily long enough and if there is not enough linen or pillows a quick call to house keeping sorts that out

4 adults in one room is too many under any circumstance IMO. 2 hotel rooms or a suite, or better yet a condo/villa would be the options I would be looking at.

Hi all! We are planning, or trying to plan, our next trip to Disney for DH's big birthday and our anniversary in March 2016, so plenty of time yet!! :rotfl: Our problem is our boys will be 21 and 18 and don't want to share a bed, no matter how big it is! :rotfl2: DH and I were looking at Caribbean beach, at the moment they are offering free Disney Dining, that mat be different by next year I know, but can anyone out there throw some light on how we could manage this? Or any other ideas where we could stay, on site, that would fit the four of us comfortably? Without breaking the bank :worship: T.I.A.

Your most realistic options are 2 rooms requesting connecting rooms at a moderate, one bed villa at OKW or taking an air bed for one of them to sleep on the floor.

The bar was also super grotty.

The bar at OKW is far from grotty - yes it's not a lounge it's a bar but it's a great place to hang out of an evening. It's super friendly and the bar tenders make great drinks. :drinking1

The bar at OKW is far from grotty - yes it's not a lounge it's a bar but it's a great place to hang out of an evening. It's super friendly and the bar tenders make great drinks. :drinking1

In my opinion which is allowed, it was super grotty. Full of loud people making it clear they didn't want anyone else in there twice when we looked in too. And it was definitely dirty the night we did have a drink there. I know what a dirty bar looks like..... For us, it's the last place we would want to hang out in the evening.

You could stay right next door to Caribbean Beach at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a two bedroom apartment. Not a a Disney Hotel but far superior resort to CBR. Well I think so. Huge rooms, two sepetate bedrooms one with two double beds. Six pools, two lazy rivers, entertainment, bars, restaurants etc but not Disney.
We love it there. Just back from three weeks. Can't be beaten.

I certainly don't blame them, not many older sons, 21 and 18 would. DVC 1 BR, 2 resort rooms, or room with daybed would be your best option! GOOD LUCK!:goodvibes

I would have hated sharing a bed with my brother at that age too, I would recommend 2 rooms or a villa. When I went away with my parents at that age I would always get my own room, so much nicer.

In my opinion which is allowed, it was super grotty. Full of loud people making it clear they didn't want anyone else in there twice when we looked in too. And it was definitely dirty the night we did have a drink there. I know what a dirty bar looks like..... For us, it's the last place we would want to hang out in the evening.

As you were there a similar time to us those loud people could have been us! The bar was full most nights we were there.

I will reiterate it is not grotty - grotty would some sleazy pub on the corner in any town in the UK. It was refurbished last year - it's a busy place that lots of people use. It's not posh, it hasn't got a nice laminate floor and yes you do get groups in there but that's what makes it fun - you meet other people. Lots of people come back to OKW time and time again it's like a community and they meet in the suitcase for a drink - us included. Yes it can get loud with people enjoying themselves. We take DD with us and the bartenders make a fuss of her and she's perfectly happy too!

Not everyone will agree but by no means is it grotty.

i would go for the 2 room option and if you make 2 separate reservations you may be able to get 2 gift cards $100/$200 dollars if you book at the right time
om

We have a similar issue as we have opposite gender kids. We usually either book at 5 bed or take a blow up bed. I've come to the conclusion that American kids have no issues with sharing beds - even when they are the opposite gender!

wow thanks everyone for your input! :thanks: I think two rooms would push us way over budget, unfortunately.:sad: I get what you mean about staying in villas off site, we have done that , fantasy world resort, orange lake and a private villa but we have stayed on site twice too, All star movies and pop century, and we love to be 'immersed' in the whole disney experience! :mickeyjum We have just been looking at the alligator bayou rooms at POR with the 'pulldown bed' that might work?! :confused3

I 'think' the pull down bed is only for smaller beings?!

If you want free dining and 2 rooms are over budget -I would go with a studio at Okw and an air bed from Walmart/target etc...
The boys could take turns to keep it fair.

Alternatively, a suite in a value resort or 2 value rooms maybe a cheaper option for onsite-but obviously no free dining.
I love the suites for more space and emh.
Bonnet creek is like a mini villa onsite-without emh; but wonderful location and facilities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter