How to find IGT/OGT/VGT

McDonald5

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I'm new here though I've been a lurker for awhile. You all seem to know so much about DCL so hopefully this isn't a stupid question. Can anyone book an IGT/OGT/VGT room or do you have to be a repeat customer, have a TA or have some sort of "in" somehow? This will be our first cruise. We still haven't decided on which one, but a couple that we're looking at are in late April/early May. I've looked all over and tried dummy booking about a million different variations, but I can't seem to see VGT anywhere. I've seen some GTY (but only inside and we are a family of 5 so that won't work) but as I've read from you all, that is a different thing. Do you just have to get lucky and be looking on the day they put them out or is it only after a certain time? Also, I'm wondering how much of a savings these usually are compared to just booking a regular room. Thanks :-)

Anyone can book them. But as to finding them, you have to look at the sailings you are interested in and see if they are being offered (it usually isn't that the *GT fares are there for a couple of hours, I've seen them posted for days). Usually they are posted after final payment is passed for the cruise (so that people booked already can't cancel and rebook without some penalties). So depending on which dates you are looking at, you may be too early for them to offer them yet. I think when we took advantage of it last fall, it was about 60 days before sailing that we booked it.

Now, I'm not sure how many *GT they offer for 5 passengers as the rooms that accomodate 5 are limited. So don't know if you need to look at two cabins. We had a VGT and saved about $500 pp for 2 of us compared to booking a verandah cabin directly.

Thank you so much. That answers my questions. I had thought about trying to get 2 inside rooms but then I run the risk of having my husband and 4 yr old on a totally different area of the ship from myself and our 6 yr olds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter