How to find a good flight $

We're currently looking for flights from Vancouver to Maui for May 2016 and then we'll need flights from Vancouver to Galveston (flying into Houston) for our January 2017 cruise.

If YVR is anything like YEG, I'd imagine United will be your best bet into IAH (Houston).

If YVR is anything like YEG, I'd imagine United will be your best bet into IAH (Houston).

I think that is because IAH is a hub for United Airlines. I don't mind United though, we flew them for the first time about a year ago and had no issues.

I think that is because IAH is a hub for United Airlines. I don't mind United though, we flew them for the first time about a year ago and had no issues.

For Orlando, United's our "go to" airline. It seems nobody else can match the price, times, and route we're looking for. It's like most airlines today, not terrible and not usually fantastic either. DW likes the fact we are below the snow belt on our first leg, though Houston can have weather issues of its own too. Just not like Chicago or Toronto in the winter.

On our last trip, we had booked economy at a pretty good price, around $500 CDN pp. While checking our reservation for changes, I noticed an offer to upgrade to Business/First for just a few hundred each. We usually add extra cost (I'm tall and getting older with a bum knee) Economy+ seats after booking and often check our very full bags coming back home, so I did the math and showed DW. It came out to about the same as we'd pay for extra legroom then add the free checked bags and the meals on the plane instead of the airport food court, it was a no brainer. Since coming from Canada is considered international, we also had United Club access for our travel days which was nice with a longish layover coming home. Being in Group A for boarding wasn't shabby, either. It was the most relaxed trip we've had in a long time. I'd definitely do it again if the numbers worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter