How to celebrate son's 11 birthday at WDW

sejeta

Mouseketeer
My son will be turning 11 during the end of our trip in Jan.

Any suggestions on what others have done in the past to make birthday's extra special besides being at WDW :)

Thanks in advance.

Well to start off get him a birthday button, your resort, city hall, or any store should have them, and have him wear it. Call the dining line and have it noted on all your dining reservations as well. Besides that, maybe the pirates league at MK could be cool? You can order custom cakes from private dining to be delivered at nearly any restaurant too. Or, any table service has regular cakes for around $20 dollars and you can request one at the podium.

If he likes Star Tours, a nod to the CM operating the ride will likely get him picked as the Rebel Spy ;)

We celebrated my son's 13th birthday at WDW a few years ago.

1) I wouldn't bother with the special order cake. They are expensive. If you mention your son's birthday at any sit down restaurant, they will usually give him a cupcake or some sort of dessert. My son got Happy birthday chocolate "Moose" at Le Cellier. Really cute! Plus then you don't have extra cake to either lug around or waste.

2) If you are staying at a Disney resort, mention your son's birthday on your reservation or at check in. Often they ask what his favorite character is and have balloons and a card (with character signature) delivered to your room. We also brought our own decorations and the room was decorated for the entire week.

3) Before you go, order a shirt from ZAZZLE. They have many Disney characters to choose from on their site. You can personalize them any way you want. I chose a black t-shirt with Goofy on the front. I picked a "Goofy-looking" font and in bright green letters on the front wrote, "Gawrsh! It's my 13th birthday today!" On the back I wrote his name. Write it nice and big so it will be noticed! This got way more attention than the birthday button.

4) You can celebrate every day. Doesn't just have to be the actual day.

Have fun. It will be a memorable celebration!

We've been on my DD's birthday several times (hers usually falls over their spring break).
She loves Sci-Fi Dine in Theater, so we usually plan lunch there for her. So, I'd take a look at some places your son may like, ask him what sounds fun to him.
This spring, my DH didn't come along (just me and DD) so he surprised her with a gift from Disney florist of balloons and stuff - it was a (overpriced in my opinion) birthday package - came with a cake, personalized ears, and a stuffed Mickey. It was sweet of him to do it, even though I thought it was a lot to spend. They have things like cinch sacks and coolers and things you can add on, and they'll deliver to the room for a surprise.
The day we checked in, we were super tired, and I was kind of grumbly about having a room that connected to another (and the other guests were noisy - I actually called security to quiet them down twice), but then we had a knock on the door. A cast member had a card and little balloon for her - it was noted on our reservation that it was her birthday. That totally made the check in day so much better!
I think 11 may be old for the pirates thing? I'd think more like 6 or 7 for that, but you know your son best.
Anything at Disney on your birthday can be a celebration!! My DD had cast members tell her happy birthday the whole week!

Like others have mentioned.. definitely do the Birthday Button! I celebrated my birthday in WDW this past October and had a great time! I didn't expect much beyond just wishes for a Happy Birthday - which I got A LOT of from CM's other guests as well... it definitely made me feel special! I also received signed cards from Pooh and the Gang. Tigger conducted everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to me at Crystal Palace and I got cards from Belle & Beast and finally had some Grey Stuff at BOG! Also at Cosmic Rays at Magic Kingdom the cast member taking orders behind the counter asked me if I wanted the Birthday Song after I placed my order... she rounded up the other CM's and definitely sang a Birthday song - though for the life of me I can't remember it... it was a lot of fun and definitely made me smile.

This was also waiting for me when returned from our first day in the parks:
10422262_10154732717875363_5014199153320328671_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter