How tall was your child at 20months?

mask_w03

Mouseketeer
I see a lot about my DC reached the height requirements for certain rides on this board but wanted to see if anyone could answer my question about how tall most kids are around that age.

I just want to start planning our trip for next year and see what rides are ok to take DD on.. I know I have to go by her and see how she handles them and all.

Thanks,
Margaux

I would say at that age most children would not be tall enough for any ride with a height requirement. My DS was 25 months and 37 inches---just tall enough for Goofy's Barnstormer (36 inches is the requirement)---and he was in the top percentile for his age.

I believe everything else with a height requirement is 40 inches or more (Splash Mountain, Space, BTMRR, MS, Test Track, RnR, Tower of Terror, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, Primieval Whirl would all be out).

But don't worry---you can do baby swap and still enjoy those attractions!!

My DS was 36" at 24 months and he's in the 95 percentile. We are going in April and I don't think he'll be 40" by then.

She won't be old enough to handle anything that has a height requirement.

Don't worry, there will be plenty of things that she can do.

My kids are pretty tall for their age. My youngest just had her 18mo appt and she was 33 1/2 inches. My DS was 23 mos(while on a trip to WDW) and he was 36 1/2inches. And my oldest was 33 1/2 in at 18mos. There are many rides and attractions for your DC to do and see! Have a magical trip! :wizard:

my son will be 9 in february and just squeeked by making the minimum height requirement for all of the wdw rides this november (thank god there is not a weight reguirement-the kid has yet to crack 50 pounds).

there were allot of ANGRY, HOSTILE parents and MASSIVLY UPSET kids during our vacation whose parents had them stand in front of the height bar, grabbed a fast pass, came back later and stood in line-to be denied entrance because a child who does not readily look tall enough is put under the height bar by a cm and if there is so much as one fingers depth in height below they will not get on. some parents tried to argue against a cm flattening hair to measure to no avail.

i personaly admire disney for taking a strong stance on upholding the safety standards of the rides.

My dd is only 19 months but at her 18 month check up she was only 29 inches so probably 30 inches at most at 20 months but maybe not even that much.

Ds is in the 75th percentile for height and was 35" at 23-1/2 months (just tall enough to ride Barnstormer).

Like the others said, don't worry there are plenty of things to do with your dd even if she can't ride the attractions with height limits! Have a great time! :)

I don't think they will be tall enough for anything with a height requirement except mayb Goofy's barnstormer which is 36". All three of mine are short DD was 33" at her 2 year check up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter