How strict is Royal Caribbean on ages in kids' clubs?

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
Should have posted this earlier as we leave tomorrow :) so appreciate any quick responses that I get!

I have two kids. My daughter just turned 9 less than a month ago. My son is 5 but will be 6 in less than 3 months.

I see the kids' club ages are 3-5, 6-8, and 9-11. While neither of them technically qualify, I'd prefer both of them to be together in the 6-8 club, as the 5-year-old is really mature and would be bored silly with 3-year-olds, and I'd like him and his sister to be together.

Thoughts? Any experience/luck with this? Thanks!

The only wiggle room is that on a ship with few kids they'll put the 6-8s in with the 9-11s. But I don't think there would be wiggle room to get the 5 year old in there.

With the 6-8 and 9-11 group (both cruises we've been on, they've mixed those) the counselors are VERY involved, and keep the youngers involved in age-appropriate stuff while other counselors keep the olders involved in their own age appropriate stuff. It's not like Disney where it's a big of a free for all, and it's not like a nursery; there are great counselors who actually get to know the kids, and help them have fun.

Having the kids separate isn't something I would worry about at all.

The biggest part of kid's club success, especially as kids get older, is to go that FIRST night. That way they feel like part of the group and they were in on it from the first day.

What I'm worried about is RCI sticking my 12 year old in with teenagers. While he's mature, he's not really mature enough for teenagers yet. This is the only think holding me back from taking a cruise on the Allure next year. If they'd let him into the group that ends at 11, I'd be fine.

Is this even a possibility?

I'm back with an update. They bumped my 5-year old up to the 6-8 year olds but would not bump my daughter down to the 6-8 year olds. It ended up not mattering because the Enchantment of the Seas' kids club was so minuscule that they ended up being in the same room most of the time anyway. Seriously, it couldn't have been bigger than 600 square feet. It was so disappointing compared to Disney!!

What I'm worried about is RCI sticking my 12 year old in with teenagers. While he's mature, he's not really mature enough for teenagers yet. This is the only think holding me back from taking a cruise on the Allure next year. If they'd let him into the group that ends at 11, I'd be fine.

Is this even a possibility?
You can call and ask; however, there's no way to fudge the ages as they have a list with all the kids' names and birthdates right there :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter