How soon do they run out of FP's at Soarin?

oogieboogie said:
Just FYI: for those suggesting you grab everyone's tickets in the morning and run over yourself - this isn't going to work because if the tickets haven't been entered in the turnstiles, that ticket isn't going to be accepted in the fastpass machine.

I'd say tell them to buck up and wake up early one morning for Soarin', do some rides, then go back to the resort after lunch to nap.

Yes - absolutely right - the ticket must have been used that day in that park to issue a FastPass. My mistake! So get the family up, get them through the turnstyles, and send them back to bed!

Wow, it sounds crazy. I was hoping to ride Soarin 2 times while we are Epcot, but it sounds like If I ride it first thing, then Get FP for it later in the day, would I be able to get Test Track in too? I hear you need FP for it too?

MemoryMakers2669 said:
There last week and single riders line wasn't open still. And, we were there right after opening both days we went and the stand by lines were already all the way back to the entrance. We grabbed our fast passes, hit Living with the Land and Circle of Life with NO waits at all, grabbed some breakfast and it was time for Soarin'...which the FP line didn't exist, we walked right on. Did the first time we went as well and that was a couple hours later than this second trip.
When you first get there it looks worse than it is. It was backed up PAST the entrance when we got there Saturday. Turns out they weren't letting people through the line yet. I think they do this to discourage people to go stand-by and to go get a Fast Pass. Our wait was less than 10 minutes.

We were there from 6/23 - 7/2 and rode Soarin a total of 3 times during our trip. The first time we got fast passes immediately (got there around 10am) and then got in line stand-by. The sign said a 25 min wait but the CM at the gate said it would be close to 70 min. and it ended up being about 55 min. We rode again not long after we got off. Call me a pollyanna, but I somewhat enjoyed the Soarin' queue area - air conditioned and out of the heat and sun (or rain depending upon the day!), not crowded with a wide walk-way, and interesting trivia questions and facts up on the screens. Sounds crazy, but I'd rather wait in the Soarin line for 60 minutes than the Goofy Barnstormer line for 20 minutes.

And btw, left vs. right side of Soarin doesn't make much of a difference, but I have to say that the front row was much better than the second row at least imo (I didn't ride in the third row).

(and as others had mentioned, there wasn't a single rider line)

And on our last ride we were entering the fast pass queue and there was a lady reaming the cm at the entrance because there were no more fastpasses available and he said to her "don't worry, even if you were fast pass you would have to wait 20 minutes" (the standby line was 60 min). And he was just about right; it was 15 min. before we were seated in the ride.

I think the middle row is best, in the middle section. I rode A row 2, but you can see the side of the screen (which at first I needed, but then it was a distraction). Then I rode B row 1, which you can see the top of the screen if you don't sit all the way back in the seat (which I wanted to sit forward). Then I rode B row 2, which was the best IMO! You can see feet, but that didn't bother me as much as seeing the top of the screen. Either way, it is all good!

Okiemom said:
Wow, it sounds crazy. I was hoping to ride Soarin 2 times while we are Epcot, but it sounds like If I ride it first thing, then Get FP for it later in the day, would I be able to get Test Track in too? I hear you need FP for it too?

On Saturday, June 18, we were there at Epcot park opening (unusual for us)....we went immediately to Soarin' expecting to get a FP - however, the CM told us not to worry about FP (the return time was reading like 9:35 -the do FP every minute there)....so we did as he said and walked right one. The wait was 10 minutes, maybe. When we came out, we got FP for later in the day - I think the time was around noon, but we had to leave the park and didn't come back until about 5. No problem, they let us on.

I rode Soarin at least 5 times during our trip (6/12-6/19), always with a FP. The longest the standby line was during our trip (when we were in the building) was posted at 70 minutes. With a FP, we never waited more than 15 minutes and usually less. LOVE IT!!!! :love: I prefer the first row....on our last ride, I asked if I could wait to get row 1.....I prefer the view without looking at other people's feet/shoes. Great addition to Epcot.

Did I say last? I meant first, because then nothing's above or below you and you get the full effect.

I suggest getting a fast past we got there at 11:30 last week and they didn't have anymore so we waited for 70mins but by the time we got there it was two hours never again. What you can do is you take all the tickets when you walk in and walk really fast and get fast pass while. there waiting to get on something else we did that for Test Track I met them at the Living Sea while I walked to Test Track to get Fast Past While we where done with living sea It was time for Test Track you have to go see Crush in Living Sea very funny

I wish they could find a way to hide the people's feet that ride above you. That detracted from the realizm. Other than that, it is a great ride. CM told me single rider wait was getting just as long as the regular stand by line, so they closed it.

We just got back. We went to Epcot on July 1st and got there at noon and there was no FP left and it was a 110minute wait. We knew we had nothing Epcot day on July 4th so we didn't go on it on the 1st. On July 4th we had Ohana's at 850am and then pretty much run to the monorail to Epcot. We all went through the entrance of Epcot and then I took all the tickets and ran to Soarin. I got there at 1045am and got FPs for 215-315pm. That place was packed and the stand-by line was already 105minutes longs. The single rider line was closed for the reason that Laz said. The CM said they had a major problem with people not wanting to go alone once they got up there and then the line started getting as long as the regular line. The CM also said that they keep the standby line open until 10pm. So as long as you are inline at 959pm (or when ever closing is) you'll get to ride it. He said some nights they are there for 1-2 hours after closing to get people on the ride.

Also we saw some of the worse displays of rude people towards the CMs at this ride. They had to close the FP at noon again b/c there was none left. We witnessed some woman yelling at the top of her lungs at the CM that was standing at the closed FP machines. The poor CM was trying so hard to be nice. The lady was yelling b/c they had spent so much money on this trip to disney and couldn't get on soarin. The CM kept trying to tell her she could ride it in the stand-by line and that there was no more FPs for this day but the ride was still open. It was horrible. We all felt so bad for the CM.

See, thats why I'm going to print out some Thank you CM type cards, and if I witness this nuttiness, I'm going to give them a Thank You Card!! :earsgirl: Darn rude people... hey wait a minute, if everyone was as informed as me... there would be no secrets... :earseek: Well still, they dont have to be RUDE!

If the lines are soooo long for Soarin, I guess we should worry about getting FP for that one first? I always heard Test Track was one to get FP for? Would I be able to get both a FP before they run out by noon? Is it possible? We will be going at Thanksgiving, so I know it will be crowded.

If you are there are opening, make your choice of which to ride first (I would go to Soarin) and ride without a FP, if possible. After riding, make your way over to TT and get a FP for that one....they shouldn't be "out" at that point. And, particularly with TT, if the return time is later in the day, but not at a time you planned to be around, just come back at a later time - example, if your FP return for TT is 3:00, but you have a meal planned or are planning on an afternoon break, just return sometime after 3 that day....they will allow you on no problem (has happened to us many times....we have even used them the next day, if the ride was down at our return time, etc).

If you can't get on Soarin' right away, get a FP, look at the time the next FP will be available (which could be quickly, if the return time isn't too long) and them make your way over to TT to either ride in the single rider line or wait til the next FP time is available to you.

We were there last month and it was busy (not as busy as a holiday of course) and we had no trouble doing both with FP.....but we found at rope drop, we were able to walk right on Soarin...when we got off, the FP return time was only at 10:15 -11:15 or so, which made the next available FP at 10:20....FP for TT would still be have available at that time.

That said, if you arrive mid-day and want to do both with FP, you may have problems.

CarolB, thanks for the info. I was really hoping we could ride these both 2 times while we were there on the same day, but I guess we will be lucky to do them once , in order to do other things at Epcot. But we do get at the parks at rope dropping. Aren't they located at opposite sides?

Okiemom said:
CarolB, thanks for the info. I was really hoping we could ride these both 2 times while we were there on the same day, but I guess we will be lucky to do them once , in order to do other things at Epcot. But we do get at the parks at rope dropping. Aren't they located at opposite sides?

Yes, but almost directly across from each other...through Mousegears, or the walkway by there....not too bad...and honestly, you can just follow the crowd. If you can break up your party, TT has a single rider line which sometimes even moves faster than the FP line. Problem is, you will likely be separated from others, so with kids, or if you want a picture, etc, it doesn't work....they use the single rider line to make sure there are 6 in a car at all times...so usually they only place 1 at a time...sometimes 2 from the single line...but if you time it right, you can get your FP, get in the Single line, ride once and then by that time, your FP time might be almost ready.

erinch said:
No matter how I try this family doesn't get MOVIN" in the mornings. If I get them to am EMH at MK once we'll be doing well.

On a non EMH morning how soon are the Soarin' FPs gone?
I was just there 7/11 and FP's were all distributed by noon for the remainder of the day. You will need to get yours as soon as you arrive at the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter