How scary is the Clown Slide at BW Pool?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by KyMattDisney, Jul 3, 2003.

1. KyMattDisney

KyMattDisney Mouseketeer

Just looking for an honest opinion...how scary looking is the clown slide at the BW pool? My 3 1/2 son has a recently developed fear of clowns, but mostly it is clowns in person.....does this slide tend to scare children?

Does anyone have a good picture of the slide? Maybe if he sees it prior it will be less scary...Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

It looks like a combination of Bozo the Clown and the clown from the Stephen King book "IT".

4. jel0511

jel0511 DIS Veteran

5. MarylandPizzaman

MarylandPizzaman Mouseketeer

IMO, I don't think you will have any problems. If you are up close to it you don't even know what it is supposed to be. My suggestion is to not even tell him what it is supposed to be. Just tell him it is a water slide and thats all.

6. Goofy4Mickey

Goofy4Mickey Earning My Ears

My daughters (3 & 5) didn't really seem to pay any attention to it

...........but it scares me (38......).

7. kathleena

kathleena <font color=FF99FF>Because everyone needs a Fairy

I just can't understand this scary thing at all.

It's a big clown face and the mouth is open and the slide comes through the mouth.

My 4 y/o granddaughter loved it and thought it was funny to come sliding out the mouth.

8. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

9. geffric

geffric <font color=teal>DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell

Is he afraid of water slides or just clowns? If it is clowns, well you can't see the clown when you go down it. If it is water slides, my youngest was afraid of water slides and he started small with the little one at SAB and then he was ready for the BW slide.

10. CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh......

It's hard to even look at the pictures without shivering in fear.........

Please, no more pictures........

11. bnlbebes

bnlbebes Mouseketeachers

I have a funny story re: the Clown Slide from our recent trip to BWV.

I finally got DW to watch newly 1-year-old DS in the wading pool so that I could take my first trip down the Keister Coaster. I climbed to the top of the stairs and waited my turn with various other excited Keisterers. The Lifeguard at the top was "earning her ears" as were many other cast members we saw on this trip, and I thought it was odd how quickly she was sending sliders one after the other. She would say go just after they turned the first corner of the slide near the top. When it was my turn, I waited for the "Go" and went, FAST. Unlike most of the kids who go down sitting up, I laid on my back rocket-style. Nearing the last turn, I alarmingly saw a girl of about 8 or 9 years old cruising down the slide ahead of me. I reached up to stop myself and ended up cutting my finger on the top of the slide. I also succeeded in crashing into the little girl and coming out of the chute at the same time as her. She was a sport, though, and when I asked how she was, she said fine and swam away.

Moral of the story: Be your own judge before sliding down the slide.

12. Margie J

Margie J <font color=navy>Please <font color=red>DON'T <fon

If you have a fear of clowns it is VERY scary!

:earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Honestly, there is no way you can avoid seeing that clown face. A phobia is a phobia, whether it's of bugs, heights or clowns. If your child has a fear of clowns, show him a picture of the pool area first. If he reacts badly, don't go over to that side of the Resort. There are other pools you can use.

13. Werner Weiss

Werner Weiss Curator of Yesterland

14. Maistre Gracey

Maistre Gracey <font color=red>Still trying to figure out the mys

Too funny! I think I found some new wallpaper! :teeth:

15. Dreamfinder2

Dreamfinder2 DIS Veteran

What if you slid INTO the clown's mouth?

Eeeewwwww.

16. RweTHEREyet

RweTHEREyet DIS Veteran

As an adult, even I think that clown is freaky looking, the original one, not to mention Werner's rendition. I have no desire to visit that pool.

17. DeeP

DeeP DIS Veteran

The clown slide is horrible, it will give you nightmares for weeks. Avoid this pool at all costs, matter of fact avoid this whole resort at all costs, there is a definite Stephen King infuence throughout the resort between the clown slide from "It" and and the long, scary hallways from "The Shining", if you look down the long, long, long hallways long enough you will see the ghosts from the Shining slowly coming towards you! It is enough to scare the crap out of anyone, definitely avoid this resort and pool.

18. Margie J

Margie J <font color=navy>Please <font color=red>DON'T <fon

Werner .......... OMG ............ LOL ............ :jester:

That's what I see every time I look at that BW clown! :p

And those halls ......... they look like the endless hallway from the HM, honestly. Just picture the candlabra floating in one of those BW halls. :eek:

19. Tagrel

Tagrel DIS Veteran/DVC Member

Just ran this picture by my 6 and 4 year old daughters. They think it looks like fun!

Here is another LARGE shot that shows all the detail... (See all the Boardwalk Villas shots here: Your Magical Journeys: BWV Pictures

[​IMG]

20. CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight DIS Veteran

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

No more please..........stop.......stop......stop....

We've even swam in the pool at 1:00am.... and LIVED!!!!!

21. Patpat15

Patpat15 DVCer

It seems to look even more scary after a few drinks at the outside bar!