How SCARY is HHN?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by megandbrooke, Oct 4, 2012.

1. megandbrooke

megandbrooke Earning My Ears

Is this ok for a 14 year old? She loves haunted houses, I hate being scared, but might be willing to suck it up for her.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisFam11

DisFam11 Mouseketeer

I went when I was 20 and was terrified. I hate to be scared and I hated every minute of being there. The haunted houses are extreme and characters are constantly scaring you on the streets. I had nightmares for a week afterwards. But again I hate this type of thing.:(

4. BrinkofSunshine

BrinkofSunshine DIS Veteran

I went to my first HHN when I was 14. Some of my friends started going at 13. We all were hooked from our first year. I think if you have a mature 14-year-old (or at least, one that enjoys that kind of thing), she'll love it.

5. glocon

glocon DIS Veteran

This will be our first time there next week~ but when I asked this same question a while back, the answer was... more rated R scarey than PG-13. But to me those are both really scarey...

:scared1:

6. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

Does she go to any of the local haunted houses yet?

7. megandbrooke

megandbrooke Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone, still not sure. She goes to the Haunted Houses in the area which I hear, are pretty good. She loves this kind of stuff. Now I am beginning to think I might not like it.

8. DorianDonP

DorianDonP Mouseketeer

I went some years back with someone who was absolutely afraid of this kind of stuff. Hates scary movies. Is literally afraid of the dark and thunderstorms. She was like 21 at the time.

She was looking miserable when we first got there, as if she expected to have the scariest time of her life.

But by the middle of the night, she was laughing along with screaming.

She ended up saying it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be and it helped being with a group. The people jumping out at her were funny, according to her.

I just think it depends on the person.

:confused3

9. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

:thumbsup2

10. JessicaR

JessicaR <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>

Definitely depends on the person. We took friends with us this year and one daughter was terrified. She is 18.

One thing is for sure - if they sense (hear) your fear they will not leave you alone. :goodvibes

11. Marquibiri

Marquibiri HHN Addict!

This year I also saw a person running out of a house, through the entrance! :rotfl2:

Cheers!

Marquibiri :thumbsup2