1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

how safe is your stuff in the parks?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by yeti5353, Sep 29, 2012.

1. yeti5353

yeti5353 Mouseketeer

my daughter is determined to bring a dressed build a bear with her in the parks. obviously some of the time it would not be able to go on the rides and have to wait in her wheelchair. Or on a lounger at discovery cove. How likely is it that someone would take it if we left it unattended?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mummabear

mummabear DIS Veteran

Most people are honest but with the amount of people that visit chances are some aren't. I have forgotton my camera attached to the stroller and thankfully it was still there when we returned but personally I would not leave anything I wasnt willing to part with.
    I would think the bear could go on all the rides though, maybe in a bag?

4. DisneyRegulars

DisneyRegulars DIS Veteran

The bear can go on ALL the rides, my son took an elmo with him everywhere. We have left a hat on his stroller and a blanket in the basket and we've never had a problem. I don't know about discovery cove, but i think a bear would be fine, the only one who would steal it would be a child and hopefully a parent would be there to tell them not too. You could put him in a locker at discovery cove so he wouldn't get wet.

5. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

I wouldn't trust leaving it out in the open. Find some way to hide it or carry it with you.

6. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam DIS Veteran

I'd hide it. We had our camcorder stolen off our stroller while on a ride a few years back. Last year my DD left her Jessie doll in the stroller, when we were walking back we saw a little girl grab it and by the time get mom noticed, she didn't know where she grabbed it from, and just tossed it onto a wall. So, either way, I would put it out of sight.

7. lost*in*cyberspace

lost*in*cyberspace DIS Veteran

It's just as safe as in any other public place, which is not very. Never leave anything valuable unattended. Have her leave this in your hotel room or take it with you on rides.

8. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

We had a Duffy bear with us that went on all the rides in Epcot. It's no problem to take the bear on rides. I wouldn't leave anything unattended.

9. hfuellgraf

hfuellgraf DisneyMOM

I think if you cover it with a blanket or tuck away it should be fine....We've never had any problems.

10. Dizisfun

Dizisfun Mouseketeer

Awww, sorry about your camcorder. And as for the doll, i wonder why the mom didn't turn the doll into Lost and Found.:confused3

We have fortunately never had any things stolen out of our stollers. But I would definitely stuff the toy into a backpack and out of sight....

11. OurMinnieFamily

OurMinnieFamily Mouseketeer

I think it's easy to think "It's Disney, nothing bad will happen" .... but people are people and do and will steal. I'd either put it under and cover it or leave it in the room.

12. WDW Obsessed

WDW Obsessed Mouseketeer

+1

We have never had a bad experience with forgetting valuables ie cameras, blankets, bags. I like to think at Disney you are ok, but won't put it past anyone to grab and go. We take care of our stuff, so we leave nothing to "chance."

Assuming the bear is the size of a small backpack, you can probably take it on every ride. No need to hide it, just keep it with you at all times. :)

13. kmb584

kmb584 DIS Veteran

DD has taken a stuffed animal on rides without issue. I've left things in her stroller before as well as her diaper bag and *knock on wood* nothing has ever been stolen. I wouldn't leave anything valuable, whether that be monetary or sentimental, unattended though - it may be WDW but some people will make off with whatever is "free" for the taking.

14. garjanjones

garjanjones Mouseketeer

We've never had anything stolen. But here is a little way to hide the stuffed animal. After having our stroller soaked by a mid-afternoon storm and carrying DS the rest of the day we learned to put a poncho over the stoller while on a ride. This hid everything in the stroller. Condiser doing this for your wheelchair. I doube anyone will take the time to remove the poncho to see what is in the chair.

15. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

Unless someone takes the poncho for themselves.

16. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Never leave anything out and unattended that you wouldn't miss if went missing. If your child will be unconsolable if the bear was gone, leave it at the resort.

Not everyone who shows up at the parks is totally honest.

17. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

You leave stuff behind when you ride the rides at your own risk. If you wouldn't leave it unattended in your stroller or wheelchair at a shopping mall don't leave it unattended at WDW.

Each person has to decide the risk for themselves. How upset would you be to not have whatever it is if it was taken? How easy is that item to replace? Answering those questions may help decide what you should do.

Oh, and I'm the trusting sort who had her camera taken out of the stroller while at WDW. Thank goodness it was the first day, and I hardly had any WDW pics on it. Though I did lose all my Tim McGraw concert pics.

18. diamondpixienc

diamondpixienc DIS Veteran

Ditto.

19. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

i think there was a time we had to bring our buzz lightyear toy on everyride for our son. he just wouldn't part with him-loved it. never had a problem. no one made us leave it behind.

20. lilouisianagal

lilouisianagal Mouseketeer

Mousekeeping will usually do something fun with any stuffed animals left in your hotel room if you are staying on property. We're had them in the window, playing, watching tv, wearing sunglasses, etc.

21. 4HppyCamprs

4HppyCamprs DIS Veteran

My feeling is that it is relatively safe but my rule is that I do not bring anything that it would be difficult to replace. I am guessing in the case of the bear it might cause a great deal of upset and so I would suggest to my children that the bear stay and watch the hotel room.