How rude and Selfish Is This?!?!?!?

Wasn't this a minor plot point on How I Met Your Mother last year or something? Like, Barney was working at the homeless shelter and Ted or someone comes down there and someone else at the shelter is taking good, gourmet food out of the donations, saying the poor slobs who come in for free eats can't appreciate caviar or chaterelles or something???

Anyway, we have a donation box at work right now and there are some mighty tempting mini-marshmallows in there. Do the homeless really need them? Can I trade, say, two cans of tuna or corn for the one bag of little white pillows of goodness?

You know what's ironic. If I were to come on here, and say one of my parents were taking food from donations, I'd be getting flamed for saying something about it. But since you all are assuming it's her that's okay?
I don't think people WOULD flame you for that, because you'd actually be asking for advice. A "what should I do?" situation. Or, if nothing else, you'd be venting about a situation you were either afraid to confront (it's your mom and you have to live there and how do you handle it) or a situation that you could not confront (because it's your mom and you have to live there and how do you handle it). Taking food from donations that are meant for other people is quite a bit different from a roommate eating some of my cookies or my dad eating the last piece of the lasagna I made.

:earsboy:

So, you posted here to see people's opinions.
It isn't rude, it isn't "selfish", it isn't right. If you know someone is stealing from food donations, what are you going to do?

Wasn't this a minor plot point on How I Met Your Mother last year or something? Like, Barney was working at the homeless shelter and Ted or someone comes down there and someone else at the shelter is taking good, gourmet food out of the donations, saying the poor slobs who come in for free eats can't appreciate caviar or chaterelles or something???

Anyway, we have a donation box at work right now and there are some mighty tempting mini-marshmallows in there. Do the homeless really need them? Can I trade, say, two cans of tuna or corn for the one bag of little white pillows of goodness?

You have to at least do peanut butter for mini marshmallows.........come on that's quality stuff.

Before we get into a heated exchange of "just because they're homeless doesn't mean they shouldn't have a few treats to enjoy now and then", you were kidding, right? Please tell me you were kidding .....

:scared:

Not in my family. I mean my parents label their own food and rarely share with each other. That's just the way my family is.

Wait, so it's like DAD'S BEANS and MOM'S CHICKEN and SWEETPEA'S CACCIATORE?

Before we get into a heated exchange of "just because they're homeless doesn't mean they shouldn't have a few treats to enjoy now and then", you were kidding, right? Please tell me you were kidding .....

:scared:

Oh, come on! Mini-marshmallows are for hot chocolate or candied yam bake - two things that are far too good to waste on some down-on-his-luck free-stuff-grubbin' schlub. ;) ;) ;)

Okay people, stop with the pudding, it's like a Bill Cosby commercial in here.

I would also like to say that I'm glad people think that me thinking stealing food from a charity, and that's what it is, is worth a whole other thread, at the Circle of Sarcasm.

And people say I have issues?

Completely off topic

Didn't you just start a thread a couple of days ago about putting people on ignore who always come on your threads and harass/bash you? And then you turn around and go to their board so you can watch yourself being bashed? Yes, I would say that you have issues.

How do we know where you got the tuna? Maybe from someone's lunch in the break room?

Hehehehehee

Mikeeee

Well, I don't think the homeless are getting those marshmellows. but I have to say that when finances have been really tight here that is one thing I do use for treats for the kids. Not plain :rotfl: but a bag of mini marshmallows is less than a buck and generic rice krispies are also really cheap so together they make an awsome, cheap snack.

Just so ya know! ;)

And OP, why did you yourself bump your restraining order thread today. Drama on this thread not quite enough then?

Well, I don't think the homeless are getting those marshmellows.
If it's put in one of those outside donation bins they might, and by golly we can't let them get a taste of sugary goodness! What might they demand next! Houses? Meat? SHOES????????

LOL, ok Jennasis. I think you've about beaten that shark metaphor to death in this thread. Time for a new one. :lmao:

If it's put in one of those outside donation bins they might, and by golly we can't let them get a taste of sugary goodness! What might they demand next! Houses? Meat? SHOES????????

You know, I heard that on The Apprentice they had some challenge this past week involving donations of Crocs to needy people who like large, colorful shoes . . . .

You know, I heard that on The Apprentice they had some challenge this past week involving donations of Crocs to needy people who like large, colorful shoes . . . .

Clowns? There are needy clowns? Those poor things, let's take up a collection of pom poms...................no, not the cheerleadery kind, those puffy things, they are called pom poms right? :confused3

Completely off topic

Didn't you just start a thread a couple of days ago about putting people on ignore who always come on your threads and harass/bash you? And then you turn around and go to their board so you can watch yourself being bashed? Yes, I would say that you have issues.
I only went because someone sent me a link, so I could go over and defend myself. I had no idea the board even existed before today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter