How rough is 7DMT?

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
I used to love roller coasters of all kinds. But now I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia so even a small coaster like BTM is just too jarring.

How does 7dmt compare?

Thanks for any comments and experiences!

It's very smooth. Much moreso than Big Thunder Mountain or Space Mountain.

Soooo smooth! Or at least, I thought so! I like being thrown around a bit, so I found it pretty tame!! :)

It's not rough at all. Much smoother than Big Thunder. Of course, I don't have any health problems so maybe someone who does can chime in!

I agree with the others, I think "smooth" is the perfect description for it. Didn't find it jarring at all.

sit near the front if you have concerns. There is a dip after every slow climb up and in the front you pass over the dip slowly while most of the the train is going up. The rest of the ride is just gentle curves while falling, it's a lap bar restraint and the cars are free moving to rock side to side and make it even smoother.

I have neck issues, and BTM used to be one of my most favorite rides. Unfortunately, I can no longer ride the mountains anymore. Way too rough for me. :(

I only got to ride 7DMT once last year, but I had no problems. Definitely a smoother ride. I plan on riding it again this year.

I often get dizzy on test track on that final curve where they accelerate very quickly. o_O Can anyone tell me how the mine train might compare to that? We had fast passes our last trip but I ended up not riding because I became a little concerned......We are going in early December and I'd love to ride the mine train!

The ride is very smooth. However, sometimes I've seen it brake quite hard on a fairly flat section near the BOG restaurant. I'm not sure if that was a software issue that they've since resolved, or whether it depends on loading/unloading speed.

7DMT is the smoothest coaster I've ever been on. I think the swinging train cars are the reason for that.

To contrast with previous statements and confirm a few, It is a smooth transition ride (meaning no major clackiity clak transitions),but it does change directions quite drastically and has a good speed to it. It is a fun ride but no, it's not "like buttah" .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter