How quickly do you get your Visa Disney dollars?

Taximom

Mouseketeer
Our trip is planned for August, and I will be calling for my Disney card as soon as I get my next statement (probably next week) I'm hoping they send that card pretty quick!:tongue:

I don't remember how long it took to get my card, but once you have it, it's a breeze to get your Reward Disney Dollars added to it! In fact, they will credit your reward dollars immediately when you call! :):bounce:

Once the dollars are transferred to the card, how long until they expire? Is it more quickly once on the card than when they are just listed on the statement?

Also, I kept hearing about lots of bonus opportunities, and I've not seen one yet. What sorts of things can earn double points? Do they do it often?

When I called for my reward card a few days ago, I was told I would receive it within two weeks. Here's hoping they're right.

You can pick up a card at Guest Services at Downtown Disney and then call to transfer credit to the new card.

You can also get a replacement card there if you lose yours or leave it at home like I did. You can transfer the credit from the lost card to the new one with a phone call.

So on average how long does it take for the dollars to show on your card if you already have the card and transfer them to it?

I have a new statement coming out on the 27th (probably 28th since 27th is a Sunday) and we leave on the 30th and I want those extra dollars.

Is it the same amount of time if you do it online versus on the phone?

DianeV - the transfer is immediate by phone if you already have the card. I've never done it online since it's so easy for me to do it by phone, so I can't answer that question.

The transfer is immediate on-line. However, sometimes there is a one or two day delay from when the statement closes to when the reward dollars appear ready for transfer. If this is the case, you can call when you get there.

(ex. my statement closed on the 22nd but I was not able to transfer until the 24th)

Just to answer a few of your questions I have seen on here:

Time to get your original card --> Anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks

Time to transfer points to an already exsiting card --> Online (instanteous), Phone (instanteous)

Both are fine and worked great.

I didn't know about the cards being available at DTD GS...Something to think about!

My statement cycle ended on the 22nd. I need to call tomorrow to get those $ on the card. The rep said 10 business days.

I hope it's on 9 since we're leaving 7/10.... :)

I have a question. You request the card first, correct? Then do you have to request the dollars be transferred to it right away? Or can you just have the card and wait to ask for the dollars to be transferred until a later date (maybe months later) so you basically have an "empty" card sitting around for awhile? The reason I ask is that we won't be going to WDW till next Feb. But I could just get the card sometime this year (so I know I'll have it well in advance) then wait till shortly before our trip to have the dollars put onto it. Does this make sense?! LOL

I wonder why they don't just send along the reward card when you open your account and they send the credit card?

Also, do you keep the same card and reuse it (keep transferring dollars to it) over and over indefinitely?

I'm new to this, can ya tell? Thanks. :)

Originally posted by liznboys
I have a question. You request the card first, correct? Then do you have to request the dollars be transferred to it right away? Or can you just have the card and wait to ask for the dollars to be transferred until a later date (maybe months later) so you basically have an "empty" card sitting around for awhile? The reason I ask is that we won't be going to WDW till next Feb. But I could just get the card sometime this year (so I know I'll have it well in advance) then wait till shortly before our trip to have the dollars put onto it. Does this make sense?! LOL

I wonder why they don't just send along the reward card when you open your account and they send the credit card?

Also, do you keep the same card and reuse it (keep transferring dollars to it) over and over indefinitely?

I'm new to this, can ya tell? Thanks. :)

You request the card first as you have to give them the number of the card when you call to transfer money. You could have more than one card - split the transfer between two cards to share.

The cards have an expiration date - the one I just got is for the dec 05. That's probably why they don't just send it. You can wait to load it when you are ready and you can reload it also.

When you initially get a rewards card you need at least 20 reward dollars to transfer. Cards expire at the end of the year following the year they are issued. You can have more then one card but to get a new card you will still need an initial 20 rewards dollars. I just ordered a card a few weeks back and it took exactly a week to get it.

Once you have a card you can transfer points to it via phone or online and they transfer instantly so they are available right away. You need to transfer a minimum of 10 reward dollars to an existing card.

What we did was get a card with the minimum 20 reward dollars. Our statement closes a few days before we leave so once those points post to our account we can call and transfer them right before we leave.

Thanks guys, I think I get it now. I won't request our card till probably January next year then. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter