How often in a day do you kiss your spouse/s.o.?

yoopermom

Come join Bravo by the fire...
DS20 and his college roommate were visiting this past weekend, and I heard the roommate whisper something to DS about this. I just chuckled when DS said, "I come from a kiss-y family".

So, it made me count our kisses :) :
1) when the first person is getting ready to leave for work in the am
2) when the second person gets home from work at night
3) when the first person goes to bed (or if we both go at the same time, before turning off the light)
4) sometimes just because ;)

We also still hold hands out in public/at the movies/etc, share the couch when watching tv at night even though there's other furniture available, etc. We've been married 25 years, so it's not like we're newlyweds.

My extended family tends to run the same way, so maybe it's learned behavior.

You?

Terri

We are the same was as you. Growing up, my family did not show this kind of physical affection, but my husband's did. We have always been this way, and I'm sure always will be.

Multiple times a day and we've been married 34 years. We also hold hands a lot in public. DH's family is definitely more touchy feely than mine was/is.

Love you's and kisses several times a day.
Even via text with kissy faces.
Just celebrated 21 years of marriage.

Definitely more than a few times a day. My husband is very affectionate, more so than I am. He's leaving for a month tomorrow so there's been a lot today :love2:

We are a snuggly bunch. We kiss and say I love you many many times per day.

Similar to what you said.

1) When our alarm goes off in AM.
2) When we see each other after work.
3) Before we go to sleep
4) Maybe 1 or 2 more times for random things.

I have to say though that I don't think that's all that much for either you and your DH or me and mine , so if they made a comment about you guys they must not see kissing very often!

My family is a huggy/kissy bunch, we give hugs and kisses when we great, when we part, randomly. DH's family is decidedly not affectionate. Fortunately we won him over to our side. ;)

We always give three kisses at a time. Not sure how that started but it's how it's always been. Always kisses before parting, when coming home and throughout the day, so a LOT. LOL 26 years here.

Always before one of us leaves, always when the second one comes home, and several times just because. We hold hands whenever we're walking, snuggle on the couch, etc. Neither of us is from an affectionate family, but we've always been this way.

DS20 and his college roommate were visiting this past weekend, and I heard the roommate whisper something to DS about this. I just chuckled when DS said, "I come from a kiss-y family".

So, it made me count our kisses :) :
1) when the first person is getting ready to leave for work in the am
2) when the second person gets home from work at night
3) when the first person goes to bed (or if we both go at the same time, before turning off the light)
4) sometimes just because ;)

We also still hold hands out in public/at the movies/etc, share the couch when watching tv at night even though there's other furniture available, etc. We've been married 25 years, so it's not like we're newlyweds.

My extended family tends to run the same way, so maybe it's learned behavior.

You?

Terri

We are basically the exact same way
We also kiss before we leave each other, unless we are somewhere that it would be weird.
*we just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary in June

Minimum 3-4 times a day. Maximum, a whole bunch. Married 20 years.

We always give three kisses at a time. Not sure how that started but it's how it's always been. Always kisses before parting, when coming home and throughout the day, so a LOT. LOL 26 years here.

Same here- three at a time!

DH & I have been married 20 years.

We kiss multiple times a day - for the usual reasons (hello, good-bye, good-night, etc.) & then randomly at other times - sometimes more, sometimes less.

I thought we were normal. However, one afternoon, DD's best friend was w/ our family in our mini-van. We were driving to the pool, I think. Anyway, DH & I were joking about something, & he leaned over & kissed me - not anything major, just a little peck. And DD's friend started giggling & said something like, "My parents never kiss!" And DD asked, "You've never seen your parents kiss?" to which she responded, "No!" Then older DS rolled his eyes & said, "Dad & Mom kiss ALL the time!"

We don't kiss ALL the time. Just sometimes.

And I just thought it was SO sad that DD's friend never sees her parents kiss.

So I kissed DH again.

20 years together and we kiss enough to disgust our teens each and every day.

:thumbsup2 That's the perfect amount then!

We celebrate 16 years married this week and we also manage to disgust our 3 kids every day.

I come from a very non-kissy/touchy family, and so does my DH...but we managed to stay affectionate over the years.

Yea, we kiss, hug & say I love you a lot. When we get up, when 1 of us leaves the house (work, store etc), when we come home from work or being apart several hours, bedtime & randomly thru out the day. Heck, sometimes I even kiss DH before I go upstairs for a shower! :laughing: We hold hands when we're walking around or at a movie too. My family was affectionate when I was growing up, but not quite as affectionate as Dh & I are with each other. (I still kiss my parents & kids whenever I see them too.) DH & I have been together 40 years, married almost 37. So it's working for us! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter