How often do YOU visit USF/IOA?

MsDisney

DIS Veteran
There has been some discussion lately on the number of times people have the opportunity to visit the parks...so I thought I'd ask, how often do you all have the opportunity or inclination to visit USF/IOA?
I know lots of you don't have the good fortune to live nearby :(, but I know when I lived in Boston, I managed to get to Florida alot more than I should have...being obsessive about the parks will do that to ya!! :rolleyes:

We haven't stayed at any of the resorts, but I'm hoping that we'll have the chance to check out the HRH soon! :bounce:

MIB999999 and I figured we've been to the parks at Universal very close to 100 times over the past year. Just about every weekend, often times both days...and several times a week during mardi gras and school vacations, etc.

It's definitely a plus to live 15 minutes away :), we'll be moving in March so we'll be over a 1/2 hour away...that will be tough! :mad: :eek: :eek: I know we won't get much sypathy from some of you! ;)

So tell us your travel pattern!
Karen :smooth:

I visited Florida once per year for quite a while, both growing up and again after college. Then, after I got married and had my first, things slowed quite a bit for a while. One reason was we lived in CA for a while, the other, lack of $ and time. Now that the kids are older (12 & 10), we try at least once per year, more if I can swing some biz trips that way.
If I lived as close as you, Karen, I'm sure it would be at least 2-3 times a month. My kids would definitely come with me everytime, my wife, probably not.

I don't live as far as most people, but nowhere near as close as you lucky two...

But since I'm a car drive away I do go more than most. Since my son is in school we can only get away about 4 times a year which is great for me. I would love to go more but I'm afraid it'll lose it's "magic" if I can steal a Disney term for a second. I can't imagine not wanting to be there but I tend to bore easily.

Living in Boston it is tough to visit USF as much as I want to. We went to Dis and USF in Sept 2000 and fell in love with USF. Since then we have stayed onsite at the HRH 3 times with one night at the PBH. A month from today we will be checking out the RPH.

Next month's visit will be an adventure, we will be draggin my 18 year old daughter along. It has taken me 2 years to convince her that she wont be bored with USF. Cant wait to get her on Dueling Dragons. (we got a rate air rate from southwestern from Providence, $119 R/T to Orlando each).

Patty

P.S. Karen, had a great meatball sub from Thats Italian Too, last week!!

P.S. Karen, had a great meatball sub from Thats Italian Too, last week!!

Awesome, Patty!!! :bounce:

What I wouldn't give for some clam box fried clam strips and onion rings! Wanna bring some down in your suitcase? :rolleyes:

I think your daughter is going to LOVE USF/IOA!!! :) What's not to love, after all!?!?

That's a great rate, I love Southwest! My kids' flew up to Providence in May for $224 round-trip total for both! :)

I hope we can get together to say HI when you're down! :)

Karen :smooth:

7 Times this year.
Really picked up since I got the season pass. Last year it was only 3. Drive is 3.5 hours from South Florida. Will go 2 more times this year. I've never stayed onsite either since I drive up. Stay at the cheap www.hojo.com 5 minutes away. I've been to BGT/SWF about 5.

Karen, It would be great to get together. We will be there October 19 to the 24. The teachers wont be too happy though, pulling the kids out for 4 days. Oh well, the price I pay for no crowds!!! I think we will be hitting HHN on the 23rd.

Can you believe the looks I would get if my suitcase smelled like fried clams????LOL!!!!

Patty

Visiting from the UK is <i>majorly</i> expensive, but we did manage two trips last year! Our next trip is just over 3 weeks away and we'll be there for <b>3 whole weeks!</b> How excited are we?

We're USF AP holders not so much for the discounts and benefits, but so we can convince ourselves we simply <i>have</i> to get in two trips within each 12 month period! :rolleyes:

We absolutely love the US and it's our ambition to visit all the states. In fact, we would love to live there and become US citizens, but that's a tad tricky!

July 4th week 2003 will be our 2nd time at Universal.
We went to Disney (All Sports) in 2000 (our first big vacation anywhere!), then Universal (Hard Rock) in 2001, Disney again (Beach Club) this year 2002 because we missed so much the first time, and now we are going to Universal again (Royal Pacific.) So this will be our 4th time to Florida.
My friends tell me "you're going to Florida AGAIN?! There ARE other places in the world!" True, but what can I say, we love Universal and Disney.

Now, to be perfectly honest, I have the "inclination" to go to Universal every single day, especially after I read the posts on this board:p But we seem to only actually make it down there once a year!:Pinkbounc

My children have never been to WDW and don't want to go because they don't want to stand in long lines!! We love just about everything about the parks and resorts - from walking around the "street scene" areas to riding the most exciting rides. I have never gotten to spend as long as I wanted at the parks. I would love to have time to just sit in the shady park areas and soak it all in!!

Nan

Not often enough... But we did just spend 14 days in Orlando last month.

We have gone to Orlando for four years (the first two being another widely known tourist attraction in Orlando), but last year we fell back in love with Universal, since we hadn't gone since 1985! (Yes, Hollywood!)

As my letter to Universal management said, there is no othe tourist area that I love more than Universal.

I think about it everyday, same with my family.

A lot... about once a week or once every other week if I go to the Busch parks some weekend...

More times than I can count. Since I moved up from South Florida and now have a position that I actually have nights and weekends off it will be more often. I stopped by tonight to check out the progress of HHN and Universal.

When our kids were home we could only afford an Orlando vacation once every two years..now that the kids are gone and no one is in college we come once a year, and love it!!!

hmmm lets see....5 days a week times 52 weeks plus all the overtime...I'd say about...275 times a year :eek: :p :jester:

We go about once a month. We drive over early Saturday and hit both parks. We book a cheap room on Priceline and stay Saturday night. We then go to Sea World until about 3pm on Sunday and head for home. We hit Busch Gardens a day or two each month between our Orlando trips.

Patty! We might be there from Oct 23-30! Looks like I'm just going to miss you:( .

Gotta love the direct flight from Manchester-Orlando on SW!
I've been there 5 times since 99. First time with family, 2nd time w/just hubby (we had a BLAST!), thirde time alone(not as much fun as I thought), 4th time with family, 5th time alone for "MOLOKAI-CON"-met many people from the boards!

I envy everyone that lives close by!

Originally posted by Judge Doom
hmmm lets see....5 days a week times 52 weeks plus all the overtime...I'd say about...275 times a year :eek: :p :jester:
sounds like me. i've been doing that for almost 4 years...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter