• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Often Do You Eat Out?

I am surprised by the answers.

Normally, I would say take-out 2 times a month, eating at a restaurant, once every 6 months.

This has recently changed as I have 2 children working at a Pizzeria, opposite hours and cooking was becoming a chore as no one would eat because of the coming and going. So they bring pizza and subs home more than I want to admit. Now I don't eat it most of the time, but the temptation is horrible.

I must admit, once my son goes back to college and our daughter starts her classes for her masters, I plan on cooking all the time again.

Don't you all get bloated and sick of eating out? It actually makes me ill after 2-3 time per week.

Make better food choices- you'll feel better.

We eat out 2 or 3 times a week, depending on what is going on. However, none of these is at a fast food place. We'll go to "burger night" at the local pub, where Angus burgers are $6, with a choice of side (small salad is an option to fries, but so are mashed potatoes or steamed veggies). Un/fortunately, they also do a 2-for-1 pizza night, and 50 cent wing night, so sometimes we eat there FAR too frequently! We live in-town, in a small college town, so we have quite a few choices- pizza, mexican, thai, pubs- within walking distance. I have found that when I come home from work, if I don't sit down but just start getting dinner ready, it's easier to cook than go out. However, if I come home and put my feet up? It's definitely a take-out night!

Usually a couple of times a month when catching up with friends:)

1-2 times per week. Usually we pick up take out on Friday because I am sick of cooking and need a break! Sometimes it is subs, or salads, sometimes pizza. Occasionally we eat out on Saturday too depending on what we are doing that day, it is easier to grab something out if we are out and about.

Usually 1 sit down supper a week an fast food once.

It's funny now that DH is retired an washes the dishes we go out more because he doesn't want to do the dishes than when he worked an I cooked an washed dishes. It was never a chore to him that I had to cook an wash dishes Now that he washes dishes it's a chore. He even dictates what's for supper as to how many dishes he has to wash.

Anywhere from 3-7 times a week, depends on our schedule and what we are doing.

wow- I can't even imagine that. This week alone I already have 2 dinners out scheduled with friends. Whenever its one of the groups birthdays we all get together and go out to dinner too-that is a lot of girls only dinners! Four times a year- geez I would not be a happy camper.

It helps that I live in the middle of nowhere. It is at least an hour's drive on a 2-lane road to get anywhere decent. Our little town has a McD's, Burger King and a Subway inside Walmart, and two sit-down chain places. Add to it that my husband loves to cook and grill, he's great at it, and works only 2 days max a week (24-hr shifts), it works out for us.

Not much these days, hard to find places that meet our standards lol.

Maybe once a month for dinner, twice a month for breakfast. Does Pho take-out count? Then maybe 3 times a month for dinner.

I eat lunch out with a friend nearly every week. Our family usually eats dinner out,or pick up a pizza, once a week.

We do take out pizza or Chinese once a week. Otherwise, we avoid restaurants most of the time because it gets expensive to take out a family of 5. We go out for special occasions and maybe once a month just because. We ate out for Father's Day and DS's birthday this month.

More often in the summer when the kids are home for lunch everyday and we are out doing activities...
But overall average, I'd say we eat out about 2-3x a week.

At least 2-3 times per week! We need to eat at home more!

When we're on the east coast, twice a week, usually sushi.

Los Angeles, almost every night, although I do cook occasionally or Grub Hub it. Never fast food though, I can't handle it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter