How often do DVC'ers use Mousekeeping?

I'm confused.. I am looking into being a DVC member, but they don't provide mousekeeping like the hotels do? I thought it was the same but with "like home" conveniences?

It IS like being at home - you make your own bed!! :rotfl:

I love going on vacation for the perks.. someone else to make my bed and have my room look pretty when I get back from having fun. How much do they charge for the mousekeeping at DVC?

If they came in every day it would add to the cost of our annual dues!! I personally LOVE not having to lock up & pick up every day because a stranger is in our room!! I can pull my own covers up if it cuts down on how much we have to pay annually!! I forget how much it costs to have them come in every day but it's significant and not worth it IMO.

Ok, here's something that's been on my mind. My family are fairly restless sleepers and tend to pull the sheets off the bed with great frequency. Do the beds have fitted sheets or do I have to go ask my mother-in-law to teach me hospital corners (heaven forbid!!)?

Well, our kids are grown and we don't go for as long as we used to so we no longer "add" a mousekeeping, but when they were younger we would generally go for a week or more, sharing a 2BR with friends of ours. We almost always added one full clean per stay. I thought it was great to have the option (we split the cost with our friends which used to be about $40 total for a 2BR) and the kids enjoyed the cute things housekeeping did with towel designs etc. For me personally it was really nice to come back to that one extra day of a clean room when we were tired out from park touring!

Now making dinner, although it's healthier and less expensive to eat in, I do consider work... maybe if we could order up a (cute) chef to do our in room cooking... :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: I second that! :rotfl2:

If they came in every day it would add to the cost of our annual dues!! I personally LOVE not having to lock up & pick up every day because a stranger is in our room!! I can pull my own covers up if it cuts down on how much we have to pay annually!! I forget how much it costs to have them come in every day but it's significant and not worth it IMO.

I completely agree. I usually start my day and end my day with a bit of "straightening up" so the room is always in order. When I travel for work, I tend to put the "Do not Disturb" sign on my door, when I'm not there, as I'd rather not lock up my laptop, etc. I DEFINITELY wouldn't want to pay more annually for someone to make my bed or clean my room everyday.

When you start off with a clean room, it only takes 15 minutes a day to keep it that way.

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup2

I'm confused.. I am looking into being a DVC member, but they don't provide mousekeeping like the hotels do? I thought it was the same but with "like home" conveniences?

I love going on vacation for the perks.. someone else to make my bed and have my room look pretty when I get back from having fun. How much do they charge for the mousekeeping at DVC?

The cost of cleaning depends on the size of the villa. I think it ranges from $30 for a studio to $60 for a 2 bedroom.
We have only been DVC members for 1 1/2 years but really love not having to worry about what is out and what is not when we leave, knowing there won't be anyone in while we are gone. While we do still lock up thing like CC's and extra money, we certainly did not worry about the lap tops, Ipods, or cell phones.

And, if you stay in 1 bedrooms or larger, it really is easy to throw in the towels to wash and/or dry. If you are in a studio, you can always get an extra towel pack for $6.00.

There is a vacuum if you need it but we don't tend to make that big of a mess on vacation that we have every felt we needed to do that.

Of course, the last two summer trips we didn't stay long enough at any one resort to get even trash and towel and didn't have any problem taking out our own trash and keeping things up ourselves. And, I still felt like I was on vacation!

We have never used mousekeeping outside of T&T. We do not stay more than 5 nights at a time. We have at times turned down T&T, so we help with going green. If we need clean towels and are staying in a studio, we just take them from the pool area. We just make the beds in the morning and since it is just the DW and me we do not dirty the room. Clean up may take 15 minutes at the most - no big deal.

We have never used mousekeeping outside of T&T. We do not stay more than 5 nights at a time. We have at times turned down T&T, so we help with going green. If we need clean towels and are staying in a studio, we just take them from the pool area. We just make the beds in the morning and since it is just the DW and me we do not dirty the room. Clean up may take 15 minutes at the most - no big deal.

You know that it is more expensive to launder the pool towels than the villa towels, right? You really aren't supposed to take pool towels for using in the villas. Wrapping up after you get out of the pool to walk back to your villa, yet. Taking a stack of clean pool towels to bring back to the villa, no.

We have taken large groups several times, and have never used extra mousekeeping. Love the fact that things will be where we left them. :thumbsup2 We will put the towels on to wash when we leave and toss them in the dryer when we get back if we need clean towels. :) It took some getting used to for my sisters when we took them the first time :confused3 but they quickly adjusted and actually liked it better! :cool1:

You only get housekeeping services every four days. If you stay 7 nights or less, on day 4 (with day one as check in day), you will get your trash removed and towels replaced. If you stay 8 nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day 4 and trash and towel service on day 8. Then the cycle repeats if you are staying at least 12 nights.

You can get other services, but you will have to pay for them. No extra toiletries, no extra towels for free except every four days.

No toiletries..... I will miss those mickey shampoos and soaps :(

We have taken large groups several times, and have never used extra mousekeeping. Love the fact that things will be where we left them. :thumbsup2 We will put the towels on to wash when we leave and toss them in the dryer when we get back if we need clean towels. :) :cool1:

This is exactly what we do. We usually have to take trash out before T&T day.

I know I am in the far minority. But I looooooooooooooveeeee housekeeping at hotels most of the time. There is a reason I don't camp for vacations, if I am cooking and cleaning and washing dishes all the time, it just doesn't feel like a vacation. So I do miss it at DVC, but I also want to stretch my vacation dollars so I don't get mousekeeping to come extra.....maybe one day....

I never miss daily housekeeping. Putting dishes in the dishwasher doesn't bug me and most of the time we aren't in the villa enough to do dishes that often (our last trip was different). I have stayed at timeshares before and it doesn't even phase me to have more limited housekeeping vs a hotel. I really prefer not to have someone come in every day, I feel like I have to keep things cleaner when a maid comes daily vs my normal pile of dirty clothes :rotfl:

We've never used extra mousekeeping. We wash our towels and take out our trash.

We skip most T&T days. And have never paid for anything extra.

Just back from our first DVC stay and we really liked not having to deal with housekeeping. We didn't worry about a stranger in our room when we were not there. We didn't worry about getting out of the room because they would want to get in and clean it. I have no issues throwing on a load of laundry at night when we get back and if it was a white load, I threw the towels in and had clean towels the next day. We are on vacation - I really don't care if the bed is made. I loved coming home and having very little dirty laundry. Unpacked the suitcases right into the closets - that was wonderful!

Never used it during our stays, but do appreciate it when we are about to leave and no need for us to leave the rooms spotless for the next guests.
Cleaning before we left was always a time consuming pain at some other times shares where we have stayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter