1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

How often are the Characters out on 4 day Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by 2 Little Mermaids, May 30, 2009.

1. 2 Little Mermaids

2 Little Mermaids Mouseketeer

Just wondering how often we will see the characters on the ship and also who will we see. We are going on the 4 day cruise. I heard that he lines are long but how long? Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

Check the Navigator, it will tell you whose where. The also will have several in the Atrium prior to the dining periods. I have seen both short and long lines. Depends on the character and popularity at the time.

4. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

You can check out the navigators from 4 day cruises in the FAQ link in my signature below. They will list the times characters are available. Ususally on port days you will not see the characters until around 5 before dinner. On sea days they are out throughout the day and at CC you will see them as well. Call the PALS line to get the minute by minute and location schedule. Arrive 10 minutes ahead for most characters and you will be near the front of the line and not wait long at all when they arrive. Princesses require 20 minutes or so before the start. The characters available can vary depending on their friends onboard. The fab 5 will be there along with most of the princesses though Aurora was not available on the EB PC repo the entire 15 days...only in the shows.

5. Alice_on_WONDERland

Alice_on_WONDERland Why is a raven like a writing desk? Yes, your

I'm more of a "mellow cruiser" and didn't refer to the Navigator every moment of my cruise to see who was going to be where when - I know! Can you believe it?! ;)

That being said, the charachters were EVERYWHERE! It seemed to me that every time I turned around I saw a new charachter coming or going. We got SEVERAL great pictures with Mickey, Pluto, Captain Hook, etc. when they were just out and about.

Although there are scheduled visit times every day with all of the characters, we often saw them simply wandering around the ship, stopping the say hello to children, posing for "on the fly" pics, and signing autographs.

I clearly remember two specific times when we just bumped into a charachter. Once when we were dropping our DS off at the kid's club, Captain Mickey ::MickeyMo was walking down the hall towards us. He stopped and spent a good amount of time with our little guy.

[​IMG]

And another time we came in from a walk around deck 4 and ran into Pluto pluto:. Again, he spent lots of time "loving" on our son.

[​IMG]

I have never been to the parks - I know, another shocker! - but, from what I've heard you will see the characters MORE on the ship than you would at WDW.

Hope this helps! Have a wonderful trip!

6. WeatherbySwann

WeatherbySwann Cacaw rawr

We ran into a few of them unscheduled, too.

It seemed like the lines were by far shorter on Castaway Cay. Jack Sparrow had the longest line there, and even that wasn't very long. Mickey and friends hardly had a line at all! :)

7. tinkmom2

tinkmom2 DIS Veteran

In the atrium there is also a monitor that shows character times and what they are wearing and if they are signing autographs or not too:)

8. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

I have found that not all of the characters are listed on the digital boards. The PALS line has additional ones. ;)

9. hannah's dad

hannah's dad Mouseketeer

On our recent three night (5/21-24) there seemed to be characters all over the place all the time. Often the lines in the atrium seemed long, though we found Alice just wandering around. She came up one deck to chat with our girls.

Also, my four year old met Wendy Darling and the green army man (from Toy Story) is activities at the Oceaneers Lab.