How Not To Do Disney With A One Year Old - Update 4/17

Still here and glad to hear from you!!! What kind of stroller is that? Did I miss it? (I very well could have, I have had major memory issues lately!):rotfl:

I'm along for the ride! So sorry your trip didn't turn out as planned... Don't give up on Disney!!:thumbsup2

Yay an update!

So I have a few comments/questions.

Can you not pick what Vinylmation you want? It’s like a surprise when you buy it??

What did you think of EoS? Or I SHOULD say what did CHRIS think?, Miss plain turkey. :rotfl2: I absolutely LOVE EoS! Such a shame that it just isn’t that kid-friendly I guess. That grilled cheese just wasn’t a plain enough grilled cheese for a toddler!

I REALLY wish they made that stroller in more “girly” colors. I would go with black but that just seems HOT.

I guess I’m a bit out of order, LOL, but who took the pic of you three at the pin traders?

I wish I could say I’m looking forward to actual PARK time but I hate that it started off bad!

There are ones that you can choose which one you want but there are others that are a surprise. It shows you which ones are in the collection but what's in the box is a surprise and there's always one they don't reveal that's supposed to be the best one of the set.

LOL Chris seemed to like it. My sandwich was ok. And yeah it's not toddler friendly at all.

They will probably come out with more colors I'd imagine. Write to the manufacturer before you find something else and ask them. I agree the black seems hot which is why we didn't get it.

A nice cast member took our pic at pin traders :)

Still here and glad to hear from you!!! What kind of stroller is that? Did I miss it? (I very well could have, I have had major memory issues lately!):rotfl:

haha I don't think I've said over here on the TR. I talked about it on my PTR. It's a Britax B-Agile. :goodvibes

Welcome!! I'd put the smiley but DIS isn't working very well right now!

I'm still here!

Glad you liked EoS! We had it in Vegas, and I thought it was so good, and I am not a sandwich lover.

That stroller looks so handy.

Looks like he is giving a sour face as he is eating his fruit. So cute!

I love Vinylmations. I will admit I am addicted. Haven't gotten any in a while, cause there hasn't been any sets that I love, and Disney Store shipping to Canada has been insane for a while now. I think I have close to 30 of them though. :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about your park time, even if it wasn't that good. :goodvibes

yay, an update!!!!

Grilled cheese at EOS is definitely not kid friendly...Trent barely ate his

Cute pics of you guys in pin traders

Glad this day was good :goodvibes

Yay, so glad you are back & updating!

So I got 2 great tips from this update: Paxton will not be sitting next to the wall in restaurants; Paxton will not be getting the grilled cheese from EOS. That sandwich does not look appealing at all, even to me!!

I just have to say, I saw a kid around the hospital today, a sibling of a patient I guess, and I kept thinking he looked so familiar he must have been a patient before at some time. Now that I'm seeing your pics, he looked just like Alex!!! I think that must be who I was thinking of every time I looked at this kid, I just couldn't place it. Just so you know, Alex has a twin in Louisiana! :laughing:

When we had EOS my DD got a PB&J… and it was on that bread and toasted. :rolleyes: Not what a toddler is looking for!!!! But the other stuff was good!

Your little guy is adorable! I'm sorry the rest of the week didn't go as well as the first night, but i can't wait to read more

We loved EoS! Got there too when it opened, which was great...because it was crazy after that! Toddler+food+wall...you are learning! Looks like a great day...wondering when the trip is going to turn!

We loved EoS! Got there too when it opened, which was great...because it was crazy after that! Toddler+food+wall...you are learning! Looks like a great day...wondering when the trip is going to turn!

seems like no matter the time of year, EoS is packed at lunchtime! Probably because everyone gets tired of burgers & pizza for quick service meals! I would say the same for Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom! :goodvibes

I'm still here!

Glad you liked EoS! We had it in Vegas, and I thought it was so good, and I am not a sandwich lover.

That stroller looks so handy.

Looks like he is giving a sour face as he is eating his fruit. So cute!

I love Vinylmations. I will admit I am addicted. Haven't gotten any in a while, cause there hasn't been any sets that I love, and Disney Store shipping to Canada has been insane for a while now. I think I have close to 30 of them though. :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about your park time, even if it wasn't that good. :goodvibes

Thanks for sticking around.

I'm not really a sandwich lover either unless it's from home or Subway :)

It really is great!

LOL yeah he's a little ham! Thanks!

It took me a while to buy any since they're kinda expensive for hunks of plastic but it's fun :)

yay, an update!!!!

Grilled cheese at EOS is definitely not kid friendly...Trent barely ate his

Cute pics of you guys in pin traders

Glad this day was good :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 knew that'd make you happy

hah I don't blame him. It didn't look good to me either.

Thanks!

Yay, so glad you are back & updating!

So I got 2 great tips from this update: Paxton will not be sitting next to the wall in restaurants; Paxton will not be getting the grilled cheese from EOS. That sandwich does not look appealing at all, even to me!!

I just have to say, I saw a kid around the hospital today, a sibling of a patient I guess, and I kept thinking he looked so familiar he must have been a patient before at some time. Now that I'm seeing your pics, he looked just like Alex!!! I think that must be who I was thinking of every time I looked at this kid, I just couldn't place it. Just so you know, Alex has a twin in Louisiana! :laughing:

Glad I could give ya some tips. :goodvibes Yeah that sandwich just didn't look that great. Mine wasn't even worth all the hype but it was plain so I guess I can't expect much out of it.

Oh haha that's so funny!! :laughing:

When we had EOS my DD got a PB&J… and it was on that bread and toasted. :rolleyes: Not what a toddler is looking for!!!! But the other stuff was good!

ICK!!! That sounds disgusting. Who wants a HOT PB&J??? :sick:

not even what I'd be looking for! LOL

me either :confused3

Your little guy is adorable! I'm sorry the rest of the week didn't go as well as the first night, but i can't wait to read more

Thank you! :goodvibes

great update!

Thanks! :goodvibes

yeah it was crazy after we got our food too. I don't see why it's so popular :confused3 And yeah we are learning. Slowly but surely :rotfl: Oh don't worry, it'll turn soon! as in, the next update :sad2:

Day 3 - aka 1st park day - aka....will we make it out alive????

It's now Saturday. Our first park day. When we woke up, all was fine. None of us really slept all that great and Alex was a little fussy but I figured he was just hungry so I sat him in the booster to eat some fruit while Chris and I finished getting ready. He seemed fine. We decided to go to the food court so Chris and I could eat and get Alex some milk. The milk in the cooler was sweating so I was a little worried about it but still gave it to Alex. He took about 3 sips of it and proceeded to vomit his peaches and what little milk he drank all over the place. Chris came over with our food at that point (anyone hungry? LOL) and saw the mess so he got a cleaning lady to come help us clean it up. She was an older lady and oh so sweet! Loved her. So we got it all cleaned up and then after a while Alex threw up a little bit again. Ugh! So we cleaned up again, went back to the room and changed Alex and decided to get in the car and head to MGM because we were meeting Becca there. Alex threw up a couple more times on the way over to the park so when we got there I called the Children's hospital here in Atlanta and they asked us all sorts of questions and said it sounded like he just had a stomach virus and we needed to keep him hydrated. If he kept that down then we needed to try and give him some bland food after 6 hours. So we got into the park and Alex fell asleep in the stroller as me and Becca walked around and Chris and James rode ST 3 or 4 times (he told me the line was long so he could ride more. I was so angry that he lied because there was so much I coulda done in that time he was riding over and over but passed up because I didn't want him to miss out on anything :headache: oh and I didn't even get to ride the new version of ST since I was taking care of Alex all day).

Here's Alex sleeping in the stroller as we were walking around
IMG_0122.jpg

My poor sick baby :sad2:

Anyways, Chris and James finally decided they were done with the ride and were coming to meet up with me and Becca. We were in the Art of Disney pavilion and Mickey Mouse was out. Alex had woken up by now and was super whiny still. Once we found Chris and James we saw that Jake was out doing pictures so we stopped to meet him for Alex because he just LOVES that show!
He had some smiles for us even through all the sickies. Love this kid!!!
IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Then Alex got so fussy that we had to go back to the resort for a while. Alex napped for a good 2 or 3 hours while we all visited. Once he woke up he had some more milk (this time from Publix) and seemed to be doing ok so we decided to go back to the park since we had SciFi ADR's.
We managed to ride TGMR and Alex fell asleep again towards the end of the ride. He stayed asleep as we left. Poor little guy
IMG_0128.jpg

Then it was about time for our dinner ADR. Here he is waiting for our table
IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

Alex didn't throw up at this meal but he didn't want to eat the pasta we got him. He did eat about 1 and 1/2 cups of fruit that we had brought for him and he kept it down. He got SUPER fussy right around the time our dinner came out. I managed to get a couple of bites in me and went outside to push him around in the stroller. He didn't fall asleep this time but he was quiet thank God. Chris brought me out a milk shake Yum!!! Great dinner :laughing: I proceeded to have a little melt down outside of SciFi because I was so worried about Alex and scared we were going to have to go home and cut out trip short. I felt like such a horrible mommy!!! :sad1: I still get sad and want to cry about it every time I think about it. This was supposed to be the best trip ever and it was quickly becoming a nightmare.

Chris and James went and rode TSM while Becca and I went to find some more characters. We did manage to find Phineas and Ferb.

Here we are waiting in line to meet them
IMG_0131.jpg

And here we are meeting them. I have to say, they are a bit creepy in person but Alex didn't seem to mind. I just think he was too sick to care
IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

After that we met back up with the guys. Took one last picture and decided to call it a night
IMG_0137.jpg

Up next - will tomorrow be better?? Please Lord, PLEASE!?!? :scared:

Oh goodness, it is upsetting enough just to have a sick child, but at Disney too? You poor thing, how stressful!:sad2: I hope things get better....

Oh goodness, it is upsetting enough just to have a sick child, but at Disney too? You poor thing, how stressful!:sad2: I hope things get better....

Yeah it was really horrid. And this was the first time he has ever been sick enough to vomit once, let alone multiple times so I was a wreck worrying about him and not knowing what to do. Thanks!

So awful when your little one gets sick and even worst at Disney.:hug:

I am glad he got to meet jake and got cute pic with him and saw Phinesas and Ferb too

All mommies have meltdowns, I know I had one at Disney and it was at Hollywood Studios too :goodvibes

Yeah it really is!

Thanks me too. We tried to salvage the day as much as we possibly could.

Ugh :( There is no crying allowed at Disney and I've done it way too many times to count. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter