How much would you PAY to play VMK?

Discussion in 'Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Museum' started by JeanJoe, Jul 5, 2005.

?

How much would you pay to play VMK?

1. I would not pay to play VMK

2. $1 / month

3. $5 / month

4. $10 / month

5. $20 / month

6. Would not pay, but would pay for exclusive rooms / items / magic

7. Would not pay, but would pay for an adult only, dictionary-free zone

8. Forget it: the poll is so flawed it is useless

9. Other (post your idea in the thread)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JeanJoe

JeanJoe <font color=red>VMK Community Leader!</font color>

In this thread, Luv2Roam suggested that Disney might be sounding out the possibility of making people pay to play VMK.

Would you?

(This is my first attempt at a poll, so bear with me.)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gaspode

Gaspode <font color=blue>Its threatening and romantic....

I think an adult only bit would be a good idea. However, I wouldn't even pay for that unless they added a lot more games etc. It's nice to chat to disers but with the limited dictionary (and that fact that its quicker on here ;) (I often get told off by the system for typing too fast when in VMK!)) talking isn't enough to sustain my interest.

Thankfully at the moment I am still only level 1 on pirates so gotta work on that and still not won the magic fireworks pin so gotta work on that. So they keep me going back for more at present :)

Cya,
    Gaspodé

4. JeanJoe

For what is available now, and even with the addition of 2 more lands, I would not pay either.

However, if they had an adult-only (verified, perhaps by credit card) and dictionary-free zone, I would pay a little ($5/month), especially if it could become a venue for Dis chats / trip planning / news, or if they had invited "speakers" (typers?).

For that, though they'd have to increase room capacity beyond 15-19 as currently. They'd also need to decrease the "typing too fast" time out.

5. Gaspode

Hmm, I am not sure about trip planning etc as I think the boards are good for that (or chat rooms if you can find decent ones). But invited speakers would be neat and I would, as I said, pay a little (I agree around $5 a month) if they added more games and interactivity.

The graphics are *great* on VMK, its a shame the interactivity isn't there to match.

Cya,
    Gaspodé

6. pumpkinfish

pumpkinfish <font color=blue>Clothing Expert and Magic Giver o

Great job on your first poll ;)

I said I would not pay at all. It just isn't an option for me. Ok, maybe the adults only section. But even $5 a month is $60 a yr! I just can't get over that!

7. Gaspode

Hmmm you are right, it is quite a bit. I still think I would pay it with more stuff added and an adult only bit with no dictionary would be great (although I would still like it to be filtered and moderated somewhat).

At the moment Im a 23yr old with no dependants, so I could let myself spend around $5 a month. Also my DFi spends money on online games so at least we'd be equal ;)

But yeah, I can understand people not wanting to pay. I think Disney would lose a lot of the subscriber base if they moved to a pay-for-play system. There should be different options available :)

Cya,
    Gaspodé

8. Maleficent2

Maleficent2 DIS Veteran

I picked other though because I think I would pay but only $1 a month for an Adult version of the game.

My reason for not paying is we have dial up and I am not paying for something that does not work as well on dial up as it does on highspeed.

That said this ggame is making me consider getting a highspeed connection so I will be paying to play in the long run just not to Disney.

I can not beleive they are even considering this being that they are getting revenue from product sales etc that people might not have bought while at the parks just to get codes.

I know that the next time we go I will be buying things like ears( we already have)again to get the code for the game. And at least one of everything else that has a code associated with it.

Mal

9. pilikia97

pilikia97 So, bring me all my finest, most audacious, my div

I would not pay anything for VMK as it is now, but I would consider paying up to $10 a month for more games and fewer vocab-restrictions. What does Disney charge for ToonTown these days?

I also have a DH who plays online games such as World of Warcraft, so like the poster above, this would kind of even us up a bit!

:confused3

10. Gaspode

LOL, it is WoW that my DFi plays. Although I think he has cancelled his subscription for a bit. But he has also been known to have subscriptions to Everquest, Meridian 59 (I think thats what it was called), Eve and something to do with Star Wars (*not* all at the same time I must stress).

We can be game widows together ;)

Gaspodé

11. SpinMarty

SpinMarty World's #1 Spin and Marty Fan

sorry but this is WAY off topic:
    I looked but could not find what DD, DFi, etc., mean. Is there a shorthand definitions somewhere?

Signed,
    Accromyn Deficient

12. JeanJoe

Darling daughter, darling fiance(e). Although I have seen people guess divorced, and personally I always read deranged.

Here's a more complete list for lots of Disney abbreviations you'll see on the boards. It took me forever to figure out what MNSSHP and MVMCP were.

13. jazstar87

jazstar87 <font color=<"red">According to the Tag Fairy's wa

for Spinmarty...

DD mean either downtown Disney or Disney/Dearly daughter

ok on the topic i would only pay if they have a one time bases like 60 for the game. eventhough it is an online game. I think it is stupid to pay for monthly. What happen if you pay for a month and only play it for a day of the month, because of other activities that go on. I think, also, that alot of people play this game is that they can't afford other game which it make it unique to all the other games

14. chimera

chimera <font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f

Nope...once they start charging for it, I'm outta there.

I wouldn't pay for DD to play either. It's fine right now, but once school starts I don't think she'll have much time for it either.

15. Fairy Dust

Fairy Dust <font color=deeppink>*~*~*~*~*~*<br><font color=te

Me too! ::yes::

16. SoRa DoRk

SoRa DoRk I will be chasing a starlight...

I would only pay if they offered like, $10.00 for all the pins. Thats it.Or $5.00 for the pirate rooms or haunted mansion rooms.

17. Gaspode

Sorry SpinMarty! I didn't mean to confuse LOL, most ppl on the DIS use those so I've sort of got used to it. Hope you enjoy learning our lingo ;)

Cya,
    Gaspodé

18. Tomandtammy

Tomandtammy Mouseketeer

I think to myself I enjoy this VMK thing, I dont have time for it starting september, BUT I love it now, and cant wait to see what new stuff they make! So maybe Id pay a dollar a month! Im cheap, I need to save for my next trip to WDW

19. JeanJoe

Now that would be an interesting idea... VMK charges a monthly fee, but that's redeemable as Disney dollars... Not to give anyone at Disney ideas, but if I were a marketing person working for the mouse...

20. kbinnh

kbinnh Katiebcat from vmk and a proud member of many vmkf

Kids will be excited to play it until there parents say you have to pay for it.

me being a teen
    I just want Vmk to be free
    free to anyone that wants to play

21. pokemon_master

pokemon_master <font color=peach>Everybody wants to be a Munchlax

Never! I love VMK being nearly free! I mean, yeah it costs if you want to go to parks and do quests but other than that it is compelety free.