how much & when to tip mousekeeping

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by horselover, Feb 16, 2008.

1. horselover

horselover VWL Groupie

I've been out of the loop for awhile on tipping for housekeeping or mousekeeping ;). Our last few vacations have been all inclusives with no extra tipping allowed. What is the going rate for tipping these days? Do you tip daily or at the end of your stay? All input welcomed! :thanks: :disrocks:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kat3668

kat3668 Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i

Hello,
    I usually tip $2 to $3 dollars a day and I tip every day as you will not always have the same mousekeeping. I imagine that someone will miss out and I know that they depend on thier tips. Hope this helps :goodvibes

4. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

We have been staying in a 1 Bedroom DVC villa on our last several trips. We are 3 adults, very neat and tidy. I pick up each morning before we leave.
    I tip $5/day and I leave it each day. I create Mousekeeping envelopes, one for each day. I fill them over the weeks and months we are planning. It is fun to prepare, and painless during the trip as all the money has been saved and allocated way in advance. Just one more of my "crazy" planning obsessions. :rotfl2:

5. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

We tip 3 bucks a day for 2 adults.

6. dvc at last !

dvc at last ! DVC Member 2006!

Did you pay extra for the services for each day ?

It was my understanding you got housekeeping after the third day at DVC.

:cool1:

7. HappyDznyCamper

HappyDznyCamper <font color=teal>Happily camping since 1972<br><fo

If you are staying on points you only get service avery third day. If you are paying for it like a hotel room then you get service, like a hotel room.

8. SuzieN

SuzieN DIS Veteran

We just got back from POFQ and we tipped our mousekeeper $3 - $5 everyday. We left it on the ledge by the sinks where she'd left her card. We received 3 towel animals during our stay!:goodvibes

9. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

We tip $1 for every person in the room. We create envelopes for each day and usually leave it on the sink.:thumbsup2

10. noahdove

noahdove DIS Veteran

I will tip $1.00 per person when we go in August, as a matter of fact, I have my envelopes all done and filled:)

11. Echie

Echie Mouseketeer

We tip $1 per person as well.

So smart about preparing the envelopes ahead of time! I'm going to do this too!
    What do you write on the outside of the envelope? Just "mousekeeping" or??

12. TMJR

TMJR Mouseketeer

$1 per person, daily :goodvibes

13. carmiedog

carmiedog needs more kool-aid

With 5 people we leave a $5 tip out every morning. I also clean up the room as much as possible beforehand...don't want anyone to think we're messy. ;) On check-out morning I leave $10 with the assumption that they do a more thorough job before a new family moves in.

14. noahdove

noahdove DIS Veteran

I had the designers on the design board create me envelopes and then I add my little message---God Bless your day from your friends from the Finger Lakes area in NY State:) Just something to let them know I appreciate their work...

15. belle&sebastiansmom

belle&sebastiansmom DIS Veteran

Such a sweet thought to put a nice note of appreciation. I will for sure follow this example when we visit in December!:thumbsup2

16. Alicnwondrln

Alicnwondrln DIS Veteran

there are 4 of us so i tip 4 per day

17. IUHoosiers

IUHoosiers Mouseketeer

We left $5 per day ($1 per person) and a quick note (Thank you, Have a nice day, etc.). I was a little disappointed that we never received a "thank you" back. Then on the last day of our trip we met our housekeeper and come to find out, she didn't speak English. :idea: She did an excellent job. The room was spotless everday. She put my daughter's teddy bear in a different place each day, and made bows out of the curatains, butterflies from the dish towels, etc.

18. MsStinkerBelle

MsStinkerBelle Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Usually it's just my daughter and I and I tip $5/day. The last day I usually don't tip. My DD likes to decorate the envelopes and write little 'thank you' notes for the Mousekeeper.

When I stayed at the Poly with four kids I tipped $10/day.

19. Disney753

Disney753 Mouseketeer

We Tip $1.00 A Day Per Person. I Make The Envelopes And Put The Money In Before We Leave. I Store Them In The Safe And Pull One Out Each Day When I Get Our Passes And Loot Out B4 We Go To The Park.

20. PrincessAurora

PrincessAurora <font color=blue>Hmpphh! Who needs that boy in gre

I ti 3-5 each day and write Mousekeeping on the envelope making a solid Mickey Head on the envelope. One night I requested turn down service and left another envelope when we left the room for dinner after dressing. I left mine on my pillow.

I never expect a reply though once I ran into our housekeeper when I was at Port Orleans and she thanked me profusely for the tips.

21. Knavey

Knavey Mouseketeer

I leave $5 per day every day and that is at AKL with 2 adults and 1 kid.