how much & when to tip mousekeeping

horselover

Why yes I would love a glass of wine!
I've been out of the loop for awhile on tipping for housekeeping or mousekeeping ;). Our last few vacations have been all inclusives with no extra tipping allowed. What is the going rate for tipping these days? Do you tip daily or at the end of your stay? All input welcomed! :thanks: :disrocks:

Hello,
I usually tip $2 to $3 dollars a day and I tip every day as you will not always have the same mousekeeping. I imagine that someone will miss out and I know that they depend on thier tips. Hope this helps :goodvibes

We have been staying in a 1 Bedroom DVC villa on our last several trips. We are 3 adults, very neat and tidy. I pick up each morning before we leave.
I tip $5/day and I leave it each day. I create Mousekeeping envelopes, one for each day. I fill them over the weeks and months we are planning. It is fun to prepare, and painless during the trip as all the money has been saved and allocated way in advance. Just one more of my "crazy" planning obsessions. :rotfl2:

We have been staying in a 1 Bedroom DVC villa on our last several trips. We are 3 adults, very neat and tidy. I pick up each morning before we leave.
I tip $5/day and I leave it each day. I create Mousekeeping envelopes, one for each day. I fill them over the weeks and months we are planning. It is fun to prepare, and painless during the trip as all the money has been saved and allocated way in advance. Just one more of my "crazy" planning obsessions. :rotfl2:

Did you pay extra for the services for each day ?

It was my understanding you got housekeeping after the third day at DVC.

:cool1:

Did you pay extra for the services for each day ?

It was my understanding you got housekeeping after the third day at DVC.

:cool1:
If you are staying on points you only get service avery third day. If you are paying for it like a hotel room then you get service, like a hotel room.

We just got back from POFQ and we tipped our mousekeeper $3 - $5 everyday. We left it on the ledge by the sinks where she'd left her card. We received 3 towel animals during our stay!:goodvibes

We tip $1 for every person in the room. We create envelopes for each day and usually leave it on the sink.:thumbsup2

I will tip $1.00 per person when we go in August, as a matter of fact, I have my envelopes all done and filled:)

We tip $1 per person as well.

So smart about preparing the envelopes ahead of time! I'm going to do this too!
What do you write on the outside of the envelope? Just "mousekeeping" or??

With 5 people we leave a $5 tip out every morning. I also clean up the room as much as possible beforehand...don't want anyone to think we're messy. ;) On check-out morning I leave $10 with the assumption that they do a more thorough job before a new family moves in.

I had the designers on the design board create me envelopes and then I add my little message---God Bless your day from your friends from the Finger Lakes area in NY State:) Just something to let them know I appreciate their work...

I had the designers on the design board create me envelopes and then I add my little message---God Bless your day from your friends from the Finger Lakes area in NY State:) Just something to let them know I appreciate their work...

Such a sweet thought to put a nice note of appreciation. I will for sure follow this example when we visit in December!:thumbsup2

We left $5 per day ($1 per person) and a quick note (Thank you, Have a nice day, etc.). I was a little disappointed that we never received a "thank you" back. Then on the last day of our trip we met our housekeeper and come to find out, she didn't speak English. :idea: She did an excellent job. The room was spotless everday. She put my daughter's teddy bear in a different place each day, and made bows out of the curatains, butterflies from the dish towels, etc.

Usually it's just my daughter and I and I tip $5/day. The last day I usually don't tip. My DD likes to decorate the envelopes and write little 'thank you' notes for the Mousekeeper.

When I stayed at the Poly with four kids I tipped $10/day.

We Tip $1.00 A Day Per Person. I Make The Envelopes And Put The Money In Before We Leave. I Store Them In The Safe And Pull One Out Each Day When I Get Our Passes And Loot Out B4 We Go To The Park.

I ti 3-5 each day and write Mousekeeping on the envelope making a solid Mickey Head on the envelope. One night I requested turn down service and left another envelope when we left the room for dinner after dressing. I left mine on my pillow.

I never expect a reply though once I ran into our housekeeper when I was at Port Orleans and she thanked me profusely for the tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter