• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much time?...

Lyrabee

Used to be Artoo, then The Dis stopped letting me
Does anyone know if there is a "deadline" for changing a room-only reservation to a package? I have a room booked at POFQ through at TA for arrival on Jan. 4th. I did the math this morning and it appears that sticking with the room-only and getting my own tickets through UT would actually be cheaper than getting a package (that is, if I'm doing the math right :rotfl:). I'm just concerned that a good deal like free dining will come out and I won't be able to change my reservation to a package because I missed some sort of cut-off date. Anyone know? TIA!

You can't "change" a room only reservation into a package reservation. You will have to completely cancel your room only reservation and rebook, with a new $200.00 deposit, to a package for your vacation. The current free dining discount has to be booked by September 29, 2012

I don't know what the makeup of your family is, but a 30% off room code at POFQ would probaby save you about $55.00 per night. A free dining discount would save you about $50.00 per person per night, so for a family with 2 adults and 2 children, under 10, that would be a savings of about $130.00 per night. The UT tickets are only a few dollars cheaper per person than the WDW tickets.

If you end up going with a package, you have to buy a minimum oddays' tickets to get whatever discount is available, so you may want to wait on getting tix elsewhere just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter