How much time needed for IOA?

GoofysPrincess

Mouseketeer
Hi all -- this is our first time to IOA. Our party has four adults and we're wondering how much time we should allow to do:

Spiderman
Hulk
Dueling Dragons
Dudley Do Right
River Adventure
The Cat in the Hat
One of the Lost Continent Shows (not sure which to pick...)

We'll be going in mid-September. I'm just wondering if it's a half-day, whole day, or too much for one day. Also, if yo could offer any touring tips and suggest 'must-do' rides not on our list, I'd be really grateful. Thanks!!

If you get there in the morning and don't waste time, it can be done in a half of a day. However, unless you're pressed for time, I suggest you take the whole day to enjoy every aspect of the park.

We aren't really pressed for time, just wondering if we can plan an evening activity too or if we'll be too exhausted... Sounds like we'll be fine.

Thanks for the info.

If you stay in one of their hotels you can go to the front of the line and we did the park in half a day except for a few shows we did in the afternoon after we went back to the hotel for a swim. It was a nice leisurely day in late July.

Let me start off by saying that I love IOA so when I say that IOA is probably a half day park I am not being negative towards it. If you are at the gate right when it opens you will be surprised how much you can do. And if you only want to see the things that you listed only and you get there during the opening you can probably finish up in 3 or 4 hours (and that might be overestimating it). The first hour I was at IOA this year I rode The Hulk, Dr. Doom, Dudley Do Rights Ripsaw Falls, and Popeye (twice)!!! And that was in June. Since you are going in mid September crowds will probably be the least of your worries. And to be honest all of the rides are probably not to be missed if possible. One little tip about Popeye though. If you are not doing this because you think you will get drenched you might need to know that if it is cool or cold they turn off alot of the water effects. The first time I rode it was Dec. 26, 1999 and I walked off bone dry. I dont know if they do that in September though.

I don't know what you call a Show in the Lost Continent.
I think you should try to see Poseidon's Fury: Escape from The Lost City, as it is one of the best "walk-thru-show-experiences" I have ever seen (actually the best:smooth:)

So, go and see Poseidon and The Eigth Voyage Of Sinbad, if possible. They really are one of the best ones of their kinds!

If you don't have enough time, I suggest you to see the one which the most of your group love!
You sould also notice, that Poseidon features continuous(sp?) shows, while Sinbad has static Show times, during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter