how much spending money for 13 yer old girl?

My dd(4) has a disney dollar savings plan going on here at home. by the time we go she will have about $100. She has no clue how much that is, she thinks she is rich! Since this is the first trip she will remember and our dd(2)'s first trip we will probably be a little extravagant. On vacation at disney there isn't much we won't do if it's in our overall budget.

We pay for all meals and 1 snack a day. Beyond that she must use her own money if she wants any other food items. We buy them a t-shirt and a funny hat (family tradition from my childhood) and this time around will be buying them one pin to commemorate the trip. Anything else she wants she will have to buy herself. We also have a policy of taking a picture of whatever her heart desires and then later in the trip we will go through the pics and she can pick which thing she really really wants. She's not a 'gimme' kid, she's a window shopper so I don't see this being too much of a problem.

Personally, I think if she has saved her own money and she's mature (and you know her best!) then she should be able to spend as she pleases. Have a great trip!

DS 5 had $90 to spend. We paid for snacks but he paid for candy items. It was interesting watching him with "his" money. The very 1st night at hoop dee doo he wanted to buy one of those water bottles w/ battery operated fan. I tried to talk him out of it but he insisted he wanted to use his money for it and would use it. Turned out to be a great purchase, we used it all week and I will admit DH and I enjoyed his misting and fanning us during hot lines! I thought he would want everything and run out of money but he actually didn't spend it all.

My DS, age 16, could unload $200 in the Virgin Megastore in under an hour!

He also is completely capable of spending money we've given him to eat on in an arcade. He's just getting his first job, and is discovering how much it costs to fill a gas tank.

While they are still traveling "with" us, (i.e. my DD, age 8) we allow her to buy one souvenir, under $10, per day, or bank $10 for her to add to another day. Mostly she buys beanies, so the one a day rule works well. (Till I have to try to chisel more into my house).

Last year, my DD was 3 when we went to Disney. She managed to save $300 in 9 months from birthday, xmas, and money she squeezed out of grandparents. She purchased some nice stuff (tshirts, animals, candles, mickey potato head) and still had money left over when we returned home.

It was her money and she knew that once it was gone, that was it. The money she did have left over went for purchases at Knoebels in August and Wildwood in September.

DD doesn't like to use her money at the malls too much since she knows that she has to spend her own for souvenirs on vacations.

Hope she's a good saver as she gets older as well.

Whatever she has for the next trip will get split between the 14 days we are there. We'll pay for all meals and one snack. Any other snacks, candy or souveniers, she'll have to pay for.

With our next trip over 3 years away, I can only image what she'd save this time since last year it was $300 in 9 months. She'll end up having more money than us...she's already started with her ING account. Just deposited $37 in pennies last month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter