how much personal info on door?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by momma4boys, Nov 4, 2012.

1. momma4boys

momma4boys Earning My Ears

How much personal info do you put on your doors and fe extenders?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Names. Mostly on the magnets.

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

First names, DISnames, list of previous cruises.

:cutie:

5. chateau

chateau DIS Veteran

Do you want me to call you and your kids by name (since you put it out there)? Would you find that to be weird or uncomfortable? If 'yes' that would be weird, than don't put your names on there. Personally, I don't think people care a rodent's behind (not Mickey or Minnie, of course) that I'm there, so we don't.

6. Minnie321

Minnie321 DIS Veteran

This will be my first cruise in February, but I am sticking to first names only and I have fore warned my kids that if they are by the door and someone calls their name and says they know them - they don't and to walk away and to the first cast member they see. If they really do know me and my kids don't recognize them they will find me later.

7. DisSarahK

DisSarahK Missing Mickey...

First names only--basically the same info that is embroidered on the backs of my children's Mickey ears or that is on the fronts of some of their personalized shirts.

8. Aurora l

Aurora l Earning My Ears

Hum, I've always wondered why... Any insights please.

9. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

We don't have any personal info. My FE has each person's favorite character on "their" pocket. When we have been given magnets with first names, I have used them, but don't bring them along. It's probably overkill, but......

The reason it is suggested to not put a child's name on a backpack, shirt, or whatever it that when someone calls the child by name, he/she might assume the person knows him and might go with him or do things he wouldn't do with a stranger. While the ship is safe, I don't regard it as any safer as on land.

10. twopeasonepod

twopeasonepod DIS Veteran

I am in the minority here, I guess. Our last name is on our FE, and we all have our first names on our pockets. And each of us has our first name on a magnet. I understand the concern of others. I'm just not that worried about it. The boys are only with us or in the Lab. And those that will use the FE are all on a FB page with much more personal info on it. I know others can see the FE, but I don't think kidnappers/predators/weirdos make it a point to spend thousands of dollars on a cruise to find victims. I know anything can happen, but I haven't been concerned. Plus, where would they go?

11. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

They can't GO off the ship, obviously....but that doesn't mean that they can't be attacked. There have been at least 3 instances of sexual assault on DCL ships that I'm aware of...and probably a lot more that I don't know about. I'm not a freak who sees danger everywhere, but I don't feel that one can just assume that because it is Disney, it is totally safe.

12. twopeasonepod

twopeasonepod DIS Veteran

Hello, fellow EBTA cruiser! :wave2:

I think because of my job, I know that the biggest risk is actually from people kids know, not from strangers. The statistics are very skewed. I know one can never be too safe, but because the boys are never alone (unless in the Lab, and if something happened there that is a whole 'nother story), my Momma Bear instincts are way down for FE/magnets. Hibernating even!

13. texasgirl73

texasgirl73 Obsessive Trip Planner

First names.

14. Ptwolfman

Ptwolfman Mouseketeer from CA

First names on FE & magnets. We don't travel with kids

15. Disney Dreams

Disney Dreams Proudly afflicted with TDMA!

I am always amazed when delivering FE gifts at how much information people put on their doors.

- first names
    - last names
    - photos
    - message boards with where they will be and when

It's like every single thing we all learned about staying safe is just abandoned. WHen I inquired about it here on DIS after my first cruise people replied with comments basically equating to, "We're on a Disney ship! What could possibly happen?!?!"

With room up and down hallways. With cabins everywhere that someone could be pulled into. With people that have access to you and your family 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but a LOT could happen. Don't let your smarts slip away just because you are on a cruise ship, and a Disney cruise ship at that. If you would not post it on the front door of your house, why would you post it on the front door of you home for a week?

Sounds like a perfect place to me, imho, doesn't it? Kids. Parents have their guard down. Access. Why let your guard down? Just my opinion....

- Dreams

16. realityland

realityland Mouseketeer

True, you need to be careful. And you make some valid points. Disney magic does nothing when a felon, career pedophile or other lowlife creeper is on the prowl. But my guard is never, ever down - no matter where we are. First names are fine with me on FE. Going to school in a big city taught me how to have eyes on all sides of my head. It has served me well in life.

17. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Our FE says "The Sanders Family" and our 1st names are on our magnets.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

18. CarolAnnC

CarolAnnC <font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin

I tell nobody but nobody my weight!! :rotfl:

19. skypixy

skypixy Mouseketeer

Hahahaha!:lmao::lmao:

20. mom of a lil pirate

mom of a lil pirate Mouseketeer

I had our first names, and then the cabin number on our FE and first names on magnets. I totally get others concerns though.

21. socababy

socababy DIS Veteran

I have our first names on magnets and a few photos turned into magnets. My kids are still young so they are either with me or in the Kids Club. Ds9 doesn't even get to check himself into or out of the Kid's Club on his own. I may be more cautious when they are older and have more indepedence.