How much luggage will fit in the dodge caravan

smacky1

DIS Veteran
I have a dodge caravan rental with dollar for september for 4 adults and 2 children. It is supposed to seat 7 and was wondering if someone can tell me how the seating is arranged. Can one of the backseats fold into the floor for more space with luggage? Our kids are small so we will have 2 car seats and 2 small umbrella strollers and Im thinking 3 large suitcases. Im a little nervous it wont all fit. I think the strollers can fit on the floor in front of the kids seats since they dont need the room (this is what we do on the way to the airport in our mazda 5). Any help on what will fit would be greatly appreciated.

I had a Dodge Caravan last Dec for 7 of us. We were all adult size except for the 9 year old. We fit all the people, luggage, AND a tranport wheelchair in the Caravan. You'll be fine.

Thanks. I was worried we were going to have to rent 2 cars instead, which with gas and rental fees is much more expensive. You have given me peace of mind! Thank you.:thumbsup2

I own a caravan and agree with the pp. You will have lots of room.

For the caravan owners - how likely for 6 adults, 6 "checked" luggage bags, 6 "carryon" bags, and some purses/backpacks to fit?

We are renting a minivan to drive to the airport - cheaper than 3 cabs or parking at the airport - but we weren't sure if we'd need to make multiple trips. Its only about 15min roundtrip if we have to do more than one trip.

You should be fine. I love my Caravan! We bought it specifically for traveling. It's garage kept most other times. We have yet to have any problems fitting anything in there and we are a family of 6 adults.

I'd be skeptical of fitting 6 adults and 12 bags plus purses, backpacks,etc. in a minivan. I would leave enough time for two trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter