How much is your 2013 WDW vacation going to cost you?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mickeystoontown, Jul 12, 2012.

1. dizneygeek

dizneygeek Earning My Ears

We're driving from Tifton, GA. We're only about 5 hrs. away.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Syndrome

Syndrome Who's super now?

Lucky........... (said in a Napoleon Dynomite accent) !

We would so drive if we were only 5 hours away !

Syndrome

4. dizneygeek

dizneygeek Earning My Ears

Funny thing is, we don't go often. At all. This is my children's first time at WDW, and my hubby and I are going for the first time since 2006.

EDIT: We just get so busy!

5. carissa1970

carissa1970 DIS Veteran

Okay, I did it. Wish I hadn't. I'm a teacher, I don't make this kind of money and probably cannot (or should not) afford this trip!
    Fantasy cruise July 13-20, then OKW 1bdrm July 20-26
    $2000 10 day no expire tickets for 3 (paid cash)
    $1600 flights (we totally got cheated here)
    $4100 cruise (paid cash from tax return)
    $140 groceries to be delivered
    Free hotel room night before cruise (used reward points)
    $175 transportation to port and back (split with my sister)
    $1100 DVC maintenance
    $400 food and souvenirs (this may be too low or too high, who knows...we've never been before)
    Total $9515.

OMG. I cannot show this to my DH.

[​IMG]

6. lkh

lkh Mouseketeer

We're going Sep 10 - Sep 14!

I took advantage of the Free Dining offer so it'll be our first visit on the dining plan but I'm looking forward to branching out to new restaurants we wouldn't usually try because of the price.

2 of us staying at All Star Sports for 4 nights, with 5 day Park Hopper tickets: $1124
    We decided to pay the upgrade fee from QSD to the regular plan for a difference of: $144
    I booked our flights through Southwest and had points from the 50k points when you open a new card offer so we only paid the security fees: $10 :)
    Using Magical Express transportation: free!
    Extra meals (since only 2 are included)/Spending Money: $200

=$1478

Since we spend as much time as possible in the parks, the value resorts are definitely the way to go for us so I feel like we got a great deal! Plus, I bought an annual pass during last year's marathon weekend so I'll be using that instead of the 5 day ticket and saving my 5 day ticket for my boyfriend to use during this year's marathon weekend! It may make this trip slightly more expensive than the room only offer + only 1 ticket would have been but considering we would be buying it anyways come January we're definitely coming out ahead.

7. Alexander

Alexander DIS Veteran

I totally hear you! Mine was in the $3,000 range, but we do it four times a year, OMG! That is a lot of freakin' money!

8. GrumpyBelle

GrumpyBelle DIS Veteran

AP discounted room---5 nights at CSR---$820.
    RT airfare for 3 Spirit Airlines--$580.
    Had AP from last year so no charge for park tickets ( counted them into last years budget).
    Have tables in wonderland card from last year to help cover dining expenses. Figuring ~2000 for 6 days.

9. australiankaren

australiankaren I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DV

Sept 7-29, 2013
    2 adults

airfare Sydney, Australia-mco $5600

BWV 8-15 sept using our DVC points
    wdw ap -last year $0
    wdw OOP dining $600
    car hire $400

FOS cruise B2B $6500
    cruise excursions $800
    insurance $300
    hotel acom $100

total $14,300:eek:

then add shopping and spending aprox $3000 (we love Orlando outlet shopping)

this is why we work full time :rotfl2:

10. My2CrazyGirls

My2CrazyGirls DIS Veteran

When people say "I have an AP so my tickets are free" or I have "DVC so my room is free" it makes no sense! You paid how much for 4 AP's? Over 2k! You paid how much for DVC? Thousands upfront and thousands per year! Factor that in to your trip cost.

11. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I can only speak for the AP issue, but we got 22 days out of our AP's over the course of 2 11-day trips. At the military rate we paid for the AP's (we paid $1928 for 2A, 2C), we practically got our monies worth in the first 11 day stay, the second trip was a bonus so nope, I don't factor that in to the cost of the 2nd trip.

ETA: *I did factor in the total cost of my AP's when posting the cost of my 2012 trip in a previous thread, so I think it's fair not to consider a cost for the 2013 trip. :goodvibes

12. blondietink

blondietink DIS Veteran

Last year we had AP's and stayed 26 days over 3 different trips within the year our AP's were good. Plus we are DVC, so it came to about $14.61 per person per day for park tickets.

Our DVC yearly fees are in the hundreds, not the thousands. We bought in 8 years ago and spent as much as many of these posters are quoting for just a one week trip.

13. java

java <font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B

:scared1: that is over $1000 a day! We are not going this year as I can longer justify spending that much:( with my oldest in college) but if money were no object I'd be all over another Poly trip. Have a great time.

14. Dsnyfireman

Dsnyfireman Mouseketeer

Guess it really depends on where you stay and when you go! February trip for two adults and two kids with air fair from maine, all star sports four day park hopper and free dining cost us $3200. That was with trip insurance and photo pass plus. We arrived on Monday and left on Saturday had a great time. I can't see paying for a deluxe or a moderate , they all look the same when you are in the park or a sleep. Some have better location and bigger rooms and better pools, ect. , but POP is our favorite and much less money.

15. australiankaren

australiankaren I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DV

in my world its FREE.....and if that helps me justify the cost then its still FREE.....

but seriously, we do understand your logic, but sometimes creative bookkeeping is a lot more fun and easier to convince the DH to holiday every year to use our FREE AP & FREE DVC.....

16. luvmy3

luvmy3 <font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t

I'm happy to say that I held off on booking airfare and it did go down, so I ended up booking it for just under $1500.

17. CireEdorelkrah

CireEdorelkrah Earning My Ears

Staying November 29-December 7

2 Adults
    AKL - $1200 (Renting DVC points)
    Food - $1000
    5 Day Park Hopper - $700
    Extras - $200 (Souvenirs, night out, etc.)
    Flights - $300
    Parking at airport - $100

Total - $3500

18. Phlip

Phlip Mouseketeer

Aug 2-5 (maybe 6, trying to convince DH) 2kids, 2 adults--all disney adults though.
    Air $1042
    Dolphin $625
    4/5day hoppers from UT $1270
    Rental car $231
    Food $520
    Total $3688

We are staying on in FL after WDW-have the car for a week & a day. Wouldn't need it if we were just doing WDW. Killing me only going for 3 nights. Will keep on working on DH to add a night....
    So if I'm only counting the disney portion of the program-
    Hotel, passes, food.. $2415

19. lisalis

lisalis Mouseketeer

Nov 30 - Dec 6

Me, DH, DS13, & DS7

Pop Century Standard View

Free dining pin

5 day base tickets

$1883

I'm not counting travel since we are already driving down to Tampa to go on a cruise for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary the week before.

I have never been to WDW with the Christmas decorations up, so when the PIN came I was able to talk DH into going:) I wanted to do moderate, but DH talked me out of it. We probably won't need sit down dinners after being on a cruise for a week!

20. thr33boys

thr33boys Mouseketeer

Dec 8-17

2A, 3C (9,6,4)

1 Bedroom Jambo House $2486 (renting points)
    Airfare - $912
    Dining Plan - $1486
    5 day tickets - $0 - used points
    2 day US/IoA tickets - $630
    P&P Cruise - $200
    Misc. - $500

Total $6,200+

Higher than I thought it would be but when I saw that airfare I had to jump on it. Last year was our first trip and we thought we'd wait another 4 or 5 years before returning. We must have caught the disney bug!

21. Disneyaunt4

Disneyaunt4 <font color=red>I wonder what they put in that wax

I don't factor the DVC price into my trip, I have owned long enough so that my stays now outweigh what I paid into DVC and I do not pay thousands in maintenance fee's a year. If I did factor in the maintenance fee's divided by how many days I could go to Disney on my points it would come out to about 45.00 a night to stay in a deluxe resort.