How much is your 2013 WDW vacation going to cost you?

I just found this thread this morning and found it interesting and helpful too.

Here are the numbers for an upcoming trip for myself, DD16, and DS24.
So, 3 adults.

May 2-7th, 2013; 5 nights;
Boardwalk Villas, Garden/Pool View, rented DVC points, 91 pt @ $12.pp= $1092.
Airfare from Sacramento, CA via Southwest: total cost $1287.00 (ouch! in 2008 and 2009 we paid nearly half the price per round-trip ticket)
Food: all meals snacks, drinks etc. I estimate, probably on the high side: $800.
Souveniers, tips, misc. : $200. ( my kids will by their own souvenirs if desired)

Tickets: military 4-day passes for 3 @ $156 each = $468.00

So grand total of:

$3847.00 for 5 nights in a villa studio, including airfare, tickets, food etc for 3 adults. Take away that darn airfare and you would have a great price. Oh well, at least we save by driving to Disneyland.

I have another trip I'm planning for January 2-10, 2014 which will be combined with a 4 night NYE cruise. For that trip, it will be all of us, which is myself and my 7 kids ages 5-24, plus maybe my 2 18 yr. old twin siblings. I don't even want to think about that number right now. But at least I know I will be using my newly acquired ( well almost) DVC points. Again, the airfare will be a big factor.

Thanks,
Shanna

Includes 7 nights at pop, 2 adult 6 day base tix, round trip flight for 2 adults.

Budgeting around $600 more for food, souvenirs, and baggage fees.

We are going for 10 nights/11 days and doing a multi-split stay: Grand Floridian garden view, Beach Club garden view and Boardwalk deluxe club level. We have 2 adults, one junior (counted as an adult) and two children.

Accommodations & tickets (10 day hopper and WP&M): $6017
Upgrading one adult ticket to an AP: $188
Purchasing TIW card: $100
Food/spending money: $2000
Airfare: $844

grand total: $9149

Our first family trip! DH & DS have never been. I went almost 15 years ago! So excited...being that I am a huge planner I broke everything down including our Gas. I over estimated a lot of things to get everything in perspective. We are also taking a short beach trip at the end of the trip as well.

Ok here it goes! Dates are Oct. 11 - Oct. 21 with 8 days @ POP and the remaining 3 days we will be staying in Clearwater.

-Gas - $450.00

-Half way point Hotel = Holiday Inn Santee 2 nights - $270.00 ( 14 hr trip, breaking it up for DS 7)

- 8 days at Pop Century plus dining & 7 day tickets with Park Hopper - $3,470.66

Souvenirs - $400.00

3 days 2 night @Palm Pavilion in Clearwater Fl - $302.40
Additional food - $ 300.00

Total = $5,193.06

I have a bounceback from last September for 6 nights, with free dining at
POR with a king bed and added the park hopper
09/22/2013
09/28/2013
PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE- H8B / MAGIC YOUR WAY FREE DINE

$2089.56

I did get the southwest card last year with the 50000 free points for my husband and I. We went to Vegas and Disney last year and still have enough points for another free flight. It costs $49 for the year, but I think it's the best $49 I've ever spent!

We don't have anything booked yet, but our trip is planned from September 13th-September 16th. I'm working on getting DH to extend trip to begin September 12th; we will see, I'll def need some pixie dust!:rolleyes1

AKL Jambo House standard view (we usually get upgraded to savannah view) w/ 2 day base park tickets and 2 day DDP - aprx $2000
2 round trip airfare tickets Manchester, NH to MCO/MCO to Manchester, NH --> aprx $500

Garden Grocer-aprx $50.

I need to get rid of $550 at least, so I'm hoping there will be some sort of special offer for that time. This is granted that airfare won't go up either. We're clearly still in the early planning stages.

2 Adults 2 Children 1 infant
March 16-22
Port Orleans Riverside, garden view room
6 nights
Deluxe dining plan
6 day park hoppers
$3,988.90
We will drive down so about $600 in gas round trip and we pack our own food so no meals out on the trip

Here is what we have going for us:

2 Adults, 1 Child (5 Years Old)
Staying 6 Nights Total
4/27 to 4/30 staying at AoA in LM Room
4/30 to 5/3 staying at AKL Jambo Savanna View- Renting DVC Points
5 Day Park Tickets
Dining Plan the entire trip.
Total: $2735

We had it much cheaper, but decided to treat ourselves with renting DVC points and staying at AKL. Our first time staying there and we just couldn't pass up the opportunity. Our original cost before changing to a split stay was around $2000. This will be well worth every penny!

We actually leave Saturday for our trip and will be there for 8 days. We are staying offsite in a condo that was a wedding gift we finally cashed in from 3 years ago.

2 adults/2 kids under 3
accommodations: $0
tickets: 8 day MYW $601.11
2 ADRS: $103.38
Stroller: $80
Kids Nite Out Sitter: $75
Groceries: $150
Gifts: $200
Gas: $200

The rest is budgeted out to a t. The only CS place we will be dining at is Pizza Planet, simply because our son loves Toy Story. This is our first family trip so we are saving as far as the room and food, this way the kids can have more fun with things like the pirate league. While we have a pretty substantial budget, I'm a tightwad, so the thought of spending a lot of money on unnecessary things scares me. I will be character hunting with the little ones while daddy rides all the rides. :3dglasses

Here is what we have going for us:

2 Adults, 1 Child (5 Years Old)
Staying 6 Nights Total
4/27 to 4/30 staying at AoA in LM Room
4/30 to 5/3 staying at AKL Jambo Savanna View- Renting DVC Points
5 Day Park Tickets
Dining Plan the entire trip.
Total: $2735

We had it much cheaper, but decided to treat ourselves with renting DVC points and staying at AKL. Our first time staying there and we just couldn't pass up the opportunity. Our original cost before changing to a split stay was around $2000. This will be well worth every penny!

Who did you go through to rent your points. I will be returning in September for the Villains Night and I would like to rent a place.

I posted back in July of last year but plans have changed!

2 adults, 1 child, 1 toddler (just under 2)
7 days, 6 nights Apr 7-13th

Renting DVC points BWV studio $1,157
Airfare for 3 (toddler in arms) $945
3 Five-day Water Parks & More Tix $985
(from Undercover Tourist)
Character Dining for 3 @Tusker House $85
Airline Baggage fee (1 checked) $50
Groceries (eating in room) ~$200

Total Cost $3,421

Polynesian
October 20-27 (7 nights) (with discount)
One adult, two children
7 Day Park Hoppers
Disney Plus Dining
$3854.23

Here are the costs so far:

Sept 5-8th in a Studio Villa at VWL (rented points) - $611
Sept 8th -15th in a one bedroom at VWL (rented points) - $2652

So total for 10 nights is $3263 at Villas Wilderness Lodge

We have APs so no ticket cost this trip (we bought them last year before the price increase and before the child's ticket became same price as adults) We will have used the Aps for a total of 24 park days so I feel we got our money's worth!

Airfare: not purchased yet, but am hoping to get around $1300 from SW (so no baggage fees)

Hotel for the night before we leave (our airport is around 4 hrs away): not purchased yet, but I can usually priceline an awesome room for around $45

Car: not purchased yet but last Dec I paid $275 for a minivan for a week using priceline - so for 10 days I'm budgeting around $350

Food: we try and keep the 10 days to around $1500 for food and souveneirs - the kids each have their own money (usually around $200 too) this includes a $150 Garden Grocer order

So rough total: $6458 for a family of 5

Resort: AoA - Cars Suite (40% CM friends & family discount) - $1520
7 nights, 2 adults 2 children
7 day base ticket Magic My Way passes - $1116
Food (5 ADRs at TS restaurants and 7 counter service meals and 2 pizzas) - $1000 (ish)
Souvenirs - $300
Gas - $300
One night stay @ Hampton Inn on the way (points) = free

TOTAL - for everything (and food/souvenirs were generous estimates, so we *may* end up under this total - but it also includes the $100 in gift cards I got for the kids...) -
$4236

We normally spend about $3000 (total with incidentals) on a week at a condo at the beach, including the condo, the food, gas, etc. - so this is a little more - but worth it for this not-every-year kind of trip.

:)

ok -this is a 2014 trip during Easter, so it is peak season, but anyway....

9 night trip for 4 people (me, dh, dd16, dd14):
airfare: free - southwest rapid rewards points
7 day parkhopper tickets: free - disney visa rewards points
food: free - disney visa rewards points
CSR Business Class - $3100 (but plan on trying to get a room only discount)

Not a bad deal! :goodvibes

7 nights POR
MYW plus DDP
Park hopper 8 days

Hoping for fd or some other discount, but trip is booked and paid for.

October 6 - 13

Here are the costs so far:

Sept 5-8th in a Studio Villa at VWL (rented points) - $611
Sept 8th -15th in a one bedroom at VWL (rented points) - $2652

So total for 10 nights is $3263 at Villas Wilderness Lodge

We have APs so no ticket cost this trip (we bought them last year before the price increase and before the child's ticket became same price as adults) We will have used the Aps for a total of 24 park days so I feel we got our money's worth!

Airfare: not purchased yet, but am hoping to get around $1300 from SW (so no baggage fees)

Hotel for the night before we leave (our airport is around 4 hrs away): not purchased yet, but I can usually priceline an awesome room for around $45

Car: not purchased yet but last Dec I paid $275 for a minivan for a week using priceline - so for 10 days I'm budgeting around $350

Food: we try and keep the 10 days to around $1500 for food and souveneirs - the kids each have their own money (usually around $200 too) this includes a $150 Garden Grocer order

So rough total: $6458 for a family of 5

$3263...how is that possible! We are staying at the AoA for 10 nights Aug. 16-26 and our quote is $3200 Canadian. How does one go about renting points in a way that is 'safe'. I checked out a site where the points are $13 each which in most cases doesn't make it worth it. I would love to stay at AKL!!

So far:

9/25-9/30 5 nights at AKV kidani deluxe studio, rented points for $767
Air: $900 for 3
Food : estimating $600(spent 500 last year )
Park tickets: $375 Florida resident price
Total : approx $2600

5 night AOA cars suite May 23-28 two adults two kids

Airfare $2000.00 (gasp)
Cars suite + tickets ( no hoppers etc) 2746
This was 15% discount I believe
Trip insurance included in that total
No DP
Will buy PP+
=$4900.00

Sept 20-28 - this is a rough over-estimate!!!
3 adults + 3 kids, 8 nights at Ft Wilderness $665
6 military 4-day hopper plus water parks and more $1104
4 ADR for the 6 of us approx $600
Various QS meals around the parks $600
Groceries for the week (breakfasts, etc) $200
Photopass+ $149
Gas for traveling from NC $400
Souvenirs, snacks, etc $500
MNSSHP $240ish if military discount this year

So at most, if we are lucky, $4350 (That would be about $90/day per person)

(Now I am curious to see what the final numbers will be, but I have 191 days to wait for that!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter