How much is your 2013 WDW vacation going to cost you?

mickeystoontown

DIS Veteran
Well, I did it! I booked our May, 2013 vacation the morning the rates came out. Even though I already had a figure in my mind of what the vacation was going to cost and I was only $50 off, I still had a bit of sticker shock.

Our travel info:

Dates of travel: May 22nd to June 1st
Resort: Caribbean Beach Resort (moderate)
Room type: Standard
Our group: 3 adults (1 is a 15 year old)
Tickets: 7 day base tickets
Dining plan: Disney dining plan (1 ts, 1 cs, 1 snack per day plus a mug)
Trip insurance: No
Special Offers: None (keeping fingers crossed for one)

Price: $4,771.74

**Edited to add: We drive so we'll have gasoline, fast food on the road and then one overnight hotel stay.

Yikes!

Post your travel info here so we can compare

**Edited again to add the following:

Just saved $636.99 by taking advantage of the new Spring Offer! Wooooooohooooooo!

okay....

7nights Wl
4 adults.(mom and dad,2 college grads)
courtyard view(fingers crossed for preferred location)
7 day PH
deluxeDDP
no insurance(wanted over $300)

may4-11 2013

$7750...real ouch !!! plus plane tix=$1600.....there goes my HD i wanted .

FD that time of yr...doubt it
GP RO.....fingers crossed(been told u can still apply the RO discount to a pkg for the RO).

For now we booked FQ 10 nights GV with a 20% AAA room only discount January 2013..
Have APs
Not planing on DDP, we do better paying OOP
No WDW travel insur. we have an annual policy.
So around $1400ish. Didn't write down total, waiting for e mail statement.

7 nights GV at POFQ
Room only with AAA discount total is $1516.19

So Sue M- Please post your total. I only got about an 8% discount:P

OMG I CAN'T WAIT:dance3:

I didn't book yet still have to get the hubby on board.

Dates: May 25-June 1
Resort: AoA Cars Suite
Who: 2 Adults 3 Kids
Tickets 7 day base
Disney Dining Plan
No Insurance

Total: 5204.91

I had a little sticker shock my 2 year becomes a 3 year old. This past May was 3700 at a AMu suite.

We still haven't booked yet, but we're looking at 2 different options: (the price increase priced us right off the monorail!)

YC June 1-8
garden view
8 day PH
deluxe dining
$ 5966.00

WL June 1-8
woods view
8 day PH
deluxe dining
$ 5541.00

So, we haven't decided yet... we're trying to determine if it's better to stay closer to MK or would it be fun to try the YC and be able to walk to Epcot... hopefully there will be a room discount though.... any little bit will help!! :worship:

My plans:

August 13-22 at the Polynesian/garden view/standard view. 2 Adults, well 3 Disney Adults & 2 Disney kids but we all know it's 2 Adults & 3 kids....

Poly-$3800 (gulp)
Airfare-most likely free with FF miles
Tickets-$1600 (eeekkk)
Food-I have it all saved so around $1000 or so.

I figured we would need $6000 for the trip including airfare so I am off by a few hundred.

I do hope to get a better discount like there is for this August. So far I have a AAA discount and the CM told me it was 12% which is better then the 10% from our last visit in 2008.

I won't do dining since my oldest is a Disney adult & will be 12 when we go & there is no way she will eat off the adult menu.

We bring breakfast so that should cost me no more then $30 for the week, if that-2-3 boxes of cereal, bagels, pop tarts & I will buy milk & soy milk when we get there.

7 nights GV at POFQ

I booked 10 nights Jan 23 - Feb 1, weeknights @ 137.60 and weekend rate 149.60
I haven't got my e mail conf yet, but will post when I do.

7 nights GV at POFQ

OK, just went on the My Reservations and was able to pull it up. ta dah :rotfl:
$1588 incl tax for a GV room 10 nights. Is that 20% ??? I calculated the % before I added tax in and thought it was 20%, but my math could be questionable :confused3
So I'm only paying $72 more then you, with 3 more days. :confused3

I'd phone back to check. Unless discount is different for different dates?

I just went on WDW web site to price it without discount, I def got 20%

If I write this down it'll make it real right? Okay here goes.... details are subject to change.
6/8 ~6/16
ASM with DDMP $1900.
Tickets (upgrade to PP) $400.
Dog sitting fee $500.
Airline TBA
We are hoping to get an AP discount on the room at a later date and use points for airfare. Looks like we may dump the dining plan and use the AP discount or purchase tables.
To date total: $2800.
This brings up the question, if I just keep paying on the dining plan and cancel it, do they just credit my card back?

Dates of travel: February 9 to 17th (husband's 50th birthday on the 9th)
Resort: Contemporary
Room type: Theme Park View
Our group: 2 adults, 1 child (6 years old)
Tickets: 9 day park hoppers
Dining plan: Disney dining deluxe plan
Trip insurance: No
Special Offers: None (although I'm heavily praying to the discount/FD/pin gods)

$8208 without air that'll be another $1K or so

For 3 adults 1 child 4/1-10...
POR Riverview room
7 day ticket
1 QS, 1 TS, 1 snack dining plan
$5670.75

We are waiting to see if any specials come out for our dates. If not than we might change our dates so we can get free dining. If it was just the 3 adults we would pay OOP for our meals since we dont care about character dining or anything special.

Yeah I got sticker shock too!

edit: plane tickets gonna be about 1300-1400

We booked yesterday as well. It was more than I was expecting, so we are only doing 7 nights instead of 8, which we were hoping for. Still excited though!

Yacht Club
2 adults, 1 child, 1 under 3
7 nights 4/20-4/27
8 day PH tickets
Deluxe Dining Plan

=$6082

+ $1500-2000 for airfare (from Colorado, so driving is not an option), most airlines haven't released their April fares yet, so just estimating based on Feb rates.

Grand total will be $7500-8000. Bring on the discounts!!!

If I write this down it'll make it real right? Okay here goes.... details are subject to change.
6/8 ~6/16
ASM with DDMP $1900.
Tickets (upgrade to PP) $400.
Dog sitting fee $500.
Airline TBA
We are hoping to get an AP discount on the room at a later date and use points for airfare. Looks like we may dump the dining plan and use the AP discount or purchase tables.
To date total: $2800.
This brings up the question, if I just keep paying on the dining plan and cancel it, do they just credit my card back?

Yes.

We booked yesterday as well. It was more than I was expecting, so we are only doing 7 nights instead of 8, which we were hoping for. Still excited though!

Yacht Club
2 adults, 1 child, 1 under 3
7 nights 4/20-4/27
8 day PH tickets
Deluxe Dining Plan

=$6082

+ $1500-2000 for airfare (from Colorado, so driving is not an option), most airlines haven't released their April fares yet, so just estimating based on Feb rates.

Grand total will be $7500-8000. Bring on the discounts!!!

Aww, too bad about the 1 day. You're traveling so far, I'd make adjustments to get that 1 more day! - for me more days trumps deluxe dining :goodvibes

More than I expected. :lmao:

I haven't booked yet because I can't decide where to stay. I have priced out a few scenarios. Each one is 7 day tix (no hoppers, or water park option) with regular dining.

April 21-28 are the dates, 3 people- myself, 14 year old DD and 12 year old DS:

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Total: $3,104.76

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Total: $3,627.91

Disney's Contemporary Resort- theme park view (I can dream, right?)
Total: $6,881.28

We will be flying. I am hoping airfare from DAY will be about $1200. Again, I might be dreaming. Everything I am pricing now seems way more expensive than that.

Aww, too bad about the 1 day. You're traveling so far, I'd make adjustments to get that 1 more day! - for me more days trumps deluxe dining :goodvibes

LOL, not for Dh! He won't even consider going at all without DxDDP. That's the one non-negotiable for him. The man likes to eat! (And of course you'd never know it to look at him, he's skinny as a pole, totally unfair!)

I'm actually considering staying at the Hyatt MCO on the 27th and flying back on the morning of the 28th - that would effectively give us one more day (since otherwise we'd be leaving right after breakfast on the 27th), and only cost about $200 more instead of $800. Something to ponder anyway...

Of course if they repeat last years discount, it would just about pay for the 8th night... so maybe we'll be able to add it anyway.

Here is our trip run-down:

2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant
10 nights at CBR
Regular Dining Plan
10-day Parkhoppers
We did go with the trip insurance (bc you NEVER know) ;)

$4805.29
*it hurts a little

We are hoping for a discount code. We cancelled our sept 2012 trip so we have a good portion of this amount paid, but still ...ouch!

Two Adults
Split stay: Sept 3rd-Sept 14th

Sept 3rd-7th
Pop, Standard rm. Free QS dining upgraded to Deluxe, 8 day MYW tickets
Sept 7th- 14th Boardwalk Villa, Studio, Boardwalk view ( on rented DVC points) OOP dining

Pop package: $1408.14
Boardwalk: $1070.00
Trip Insurance: $97.01
RT Airfare from Portland OR for 2: $628.40 (used a companion fare voucher)
OOP dining and tips (budgeted) $1500.00

Nevermind! This pricing is for me 2012 trip...sorry!

Total: $4703.55

I tried pricing out CSR but it was defaulting to CBR. We want to go 14 days next year so we will more than like stay at pop or AOA. I haven't booked hoping for a FD bounceback in my room again this year. We may be able to swing a moderate again next year but it will depend on if I'm busy or not next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter