How much have you budgeted for Gas for your Disney Trip?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by devotedchristian, May 21, 2007.

1. devotedchristian

devotedchristian DIS Veteran

With the gas prices continually rising, For July 5-9, I guess I will have to budget at $4 per gallon-based on Orlando's prices.

How much did you budget for based on Orlando's gas prices?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. A Mickeyfan

A Mickeyfan DIS Veteran

That is smart... I really don't think it will be over $4..but better safe than sorry. I think by Labor Day it will be at or above that mark... especially if Fl gets hit with hurricanes!!! :scared1: :eek:

4. umaangel00

umaangel00 DIS Veteran

I am going in December but I budgeted about 400 for gas. We are driving down though and I have a car that gets 30+ miles/gallon.

5. Minnie's Pal

Minnie's Pal <font color=blue>Wants to float above Castaway Cay

Just think, it wasn't that long ago (maybe 2004/early 2005) we were paying around $1.75 a gallon. So in the past 2-3 years it has doubled. So, at that rate, we could see $6+ per gallon in the near future. :eek:

Needless to say, as it rises, I watch our plans for a Jan. WDW trip start to drift away. :guilty:

6. hannah03

hannah03 Mouseketeer

We are staying offsite (within 10 miles) from 6/30-7/6 and driving only to parks and one day trip to the beach. And I budgeted $100 for an economy sized car. And then we will have to fill it up to return it so I think I'm okay :)

7. Microcell

Microcell <font color=red>No, no,no, those red signs with th

$10.00 for the 35 mile trip to and from the airport!

8. Chris

Chris DIS Veteran

We drove from MA last year and spent close to 700.00.
    This year it will probably be closer to 1000.00 +

9. sarahlovesmickey

sarahlovesmickey <font color=darkorchid>I could probably make Shake

We just drove from NH to Disney. We have a Toyota 4 Runner and we spent $350...give or take a dollar. =)

10. tinkerbell615

tinkerbell615 DIS Veteran

Whew!! This is more like what I am thinking. That $750.00 post really scared me. We usually drive a very small car and get great gas mileage. This year we are renting a Mini Van and are expecting to pay double or maybe a little bit more than that.

11. sarahlovesmickey

yup, only about $350. I don't think that is too unreasonable and that is paying almost $3 for most of the time and $3.15 one time.

12. tinkerbell615

Would it be too forward of me to ask about how many miles to a gallon you get?

13. sarahlovesmickey

Not too forward at all... =) on the highway, we get like 20 miles a gallon. I know it's not great, but we have 5 people in our family and taking a compact car is just not in the cards for us. Our 4Runner is comfortable, pretty spacious (seats 7 people) and most importantly, has a DVD player in it!! LOL

14. tinkerbell615

Thanks. From what I have read it looks like the Mini Van should get about 25 mpg highway and we have approx 900 miles to travel so I am planning on about $300.00 -$350.00 I am certainly keeping my fingers crossed. It is still cheaper for us to go this way rather than fly when the only rates I am finding for 5-6 people are higher than my rental plus gas.

15. Chris

Chris DIS Veteran

Not sure if it makes a difference but we have a 12 passanger Dodge Ram which eats gas like nothing. Get about 11-12 miles to the gallon!
    105.00 everytime we fill it.

16. gilby

gilby DIS Veteran

If you slow down about 5 miles an hour this will help you improve on your gas milage. My DH and I are going 60 in a 65 to help improve our gas milage. Not too many people passed us either. Its only 8 miles to the town we live in, but it will all add up fast.

17. Scutapipig

Scutapipig Bookets of uddles and nuddles of bouquets!!!

www.fuelcostcalculator.com

We use this to estimate the cost of gas round trip. We've found it to be pretty close to our actual cost. I always add about $50 more to play it safe.

18. mousefanmichelle

mousefanmichelle DIS Veteran

Just came back and drove a mini van from Michigan. I budgeted about $350 - and I came in right around there. Prices further south of MI are cheaper and I filled up the cheapest at the HESS station by the Boardwalk for like $2.77 or $2.87 I can't remember - but it was cheaper than MI.

When I left here prices were 3.09 and now they are 3.40. I can see as we get closer to Memorial day the prices will be at least 3.60-3.75. Isn't that horrible? No one is working up here in MI and yet we have the 3rd most expensive gas prices. I believe CA and IL are the most expensive and we come in next. Yikes!

19. Luvchefmic

Luvchefmic DIS Veteran

I used this last year to figure out what to budget and they came darn close...I am also investing in a LOT of prayers ;) Driving from Long Island New York in less than a month

http://www.fuelcostcalculator.com

Ruthie

20. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Mouseketeer

Are you guys using totals for one way or roundtrip?

21. Belle1962

Belle1962 DIS Veteran

I am using the fuel cost calculator and adding $100.00. Just to be sure. We may have to detour off of I 75 in the event it is closed due to the fires.