How much French?

chezp

Earning My Ears
I've been to DLP once before in 1996 and my memories of it were that a lot of French was spoken everywhere in the park, including shows. Now that's fine with me, as I took French to A-level, but DH doesn't speak a word of French and wants to keep it that way! How much French is there now at the parks? Are the shows in French and what about some of the new attractions in the Studios, such as the Backlot tour and Animation tour? These have guides in WDW - is this the case in DLP and if so, which language do they speak?

Thanks,

Cheryl

As a rough guess I'd say all ( or nearly all )the CMs at DLP speak english. My DH doesn't speak any french except to order beer!!, and has always managed fine.

We went to DLP & studios in October. The Backlot tour had carriages with comentary in different languages. you just join the correct queue.

We saw the animation tour twice & both times it was in French, but headphones were provided, for translation. I think that during the day it was sometimes in English. but we didn't find out when.

Headphones are provided in attractions in Disneyland too. Including Honey I Shrunk the Audience, which again is sometimes in English.

I don't think your DH will have a problem.

Likewise, I've never had any problems from only speaking English. Any attraction which relies on the spoken word to convey its main story has some form of translation facility or is in 2 or 3 languages including English.

Regards

Rob

Hi Cheryl - I dont speak French either and I found it ok when we went a couple of years ago. In fact, I was surprised at how easy it was to make myself understood, and how well I was understood by the CM's and staff.

As for the rides and shows, well the studios were not open then, so have no experience of any in there, but when we went into HISTA - we actually were able to have the pick of seats because being in a minority, most of the other visitors were French, so they were not interested in our queue - worked out quite well really.

I really enjoyed my stay at DLP and would really, really love to go again, I think the park is so pretty and quite different from WDW.

Enjoy your visit.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter