• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much email do you get?

I just checked and so far today I deleted 98 emails, twenty of which I opened. And I had three so far that were keepers, one with information I needed and two email personal messages from people I actually know!

Most others text me now.

I'm careful who I give my personal email address to so I don't get much junk mail. Many stores ask to add me and I just 'no thanks' at the checkout counter. Some stores also ask for your phone # and I never give that out either. Phone spam seems far more prevalent then junk emails. If caller ID shows a number we don't recognize, we let it go to voice mail. Have NEVER had any spammer leave a message since they obviously know you won't be calling them back.

When shopping online many offer the option to checkout as a 'guest' and that also avoids random stores from gathering emails they likely turn around and sell to others. Particularly a store I might only shop at one time or very infrequently, there is no reason to give them my email address. Have found a few online shopping sites that won't let you look at their merchandise without first providing an email for 'verification'.............ummm no thanks, plenty of other places to shop online.

Too darn much... I need to set up some filters because of all the emails I get, approximately all of them are ads. I recently discovered Mercari, and yes I kinda like it and found some cool stuff. However, I do not like how it blows up my email...and I get phone alerts too which is annoying. I am sure a filter would fix that if I would take time to set that up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter