How much does the laundry service cost?

JimGA

DIS Veteran
We will be going on a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy. I am not into doing laundry at home, defiantly not wanting to do it while I am on vacation. And we don't really want to pack for 7 plus days.

How much does DCL charge for their wash and fold service? TIA

Their prices are way better than any of my local dry cleaners. I might have to pack more of my suits on our next cruise!

Anything I send to them for press or clean I write on the ticket NOT to write on the tags of my clothing. I have a few items I've had dry cleaned on 3 of the ships. I know that because my stateroom number was written on the tags with permanent ink. It's my understanding that's no longer the practice but I don't take chances. I don't want my clothing written on anywhere. ;)

Thanks for asking. I was wondering the same thing. What do you do about wrinkled clothing? I'm thinking more for nicer dinner clothes.

Thanks for asking. I was wondering the same thing. What do you do about wrinkled clothing? I'm thinking more for nicer dinner clothes.
Pressing only is 50% of the dry cleaning cost. Or you can use the irons in the self-serve laundry rooms onboard.

Thank you! Most of the clothing we pack for trips do not need pressing, but this time around my daughter and husband will have just a few items that will need it. :-)

In past cruises (we only do 7-nt or longer), there was usually a special about half-way through for a discounted price on whatever you could stuff in the laundry bag. Are they still doing this? I want to say it was $30-something, but don't quote my dying brain cells on it!

I sent out a dress on our WBPC cruise a few weeks ago for pressing only. It was a dry clean only material and it came back completely ruined. It was a dress that had a ton of drapey gathers on the front, and basically, they ironed it in to two gathers, one at the chest and one under my stomach. It hung so badly. I gained weight on the cruise and it was HUGE on me, I tried it on before I sent it out (to make sure it still fit) and it fit great, 3 hours later, it was ruined and 2 sizes too big. Im not sure what they did, but I will never have them touch my dresses again. It still had the original tags on it!

We've used the laundry service on both our Fantasy cruises--worked out just fine on both occasions.

One more question. I assume you tip the person when they deliver the clothes?

Agree--we've always found the clothes hung in the closet when we returned to the room-never saw anyone actually delivering them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter