How much do you tip your car service driver?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by BeccaGrace, Sep 10, 2005.

1. BeccaGrace

BeccaGrace Reads Disney Menus When She's Sad

We have ressies with Magic City Transportation (thanks to all the glowing recommendations on here!) and I am trying to figure out how much to tip--I am paying $85 round trip--would $10 each way be the proper tip since we may have a different driver on the return trip?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kimmielee

Kimmielee <marquee><font color=blue>The first person to repl

$10 is ok.... but I try to stay with the 20% tipping rules ($17) if the service warrants it... if the driver is outstanding (pays attention to my child, tells us interesting facts along the way, etc.... ) they get more like 30% ($25)!! :banana:

4. Bob P

Bob P DIS Veteran

Just to clarify: the OP said she is paying $85 round trip. That means a $10 tip each way is $10 on $42.50, which comes out to 23.5%

I'd say $10 each way is certainly a nice tip!

Bob

5. BeccaGrace

BeccaGrace Reads Disney Menus When She's Sad

Yes--It is $85 round trip--Thanks for the info!!! I am trying to figure out all my out of pocket costs so I can start putting everything in envelopes marked Do NOT Touch Until Disney!!!!

6. Kimmielee

Kimmielee <marquee><font color=blue>The first person to repl

Sorry, we always have had the same driver so I tip upfront for the roundtrip... is it common that you have a different driver for the return trip? :confused3