How much do you tip kids clubs ?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by drumflower, Nov 5, 2004.

1. drumflower

drumflower DIS Veteran

Do they expect a tip and how much do you tip? Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DiznEeyore

DiznEeyore <font color=navy>Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member<br><fon

I've never tipped anything. I always figured $10 per hour was plenty! Of course, my ds is older and independent -- maybe if he was little and needed a lot of attention?

4. drumflower

drumflower DIS Veteran

What about if you get 2 free hours at the Dolphin Club? We will be eating at Blue Zoo so it's free!

5. pplasky

pplasky DIS Veteran

Where, what type of food is at Blue Zoo. Why do you get 2 free hours at the Dolphin Club? I would probably tip $5 per child/$10 per family under these circumsances, but when we have paid for the children's clubs, we don't tip, we feel $10 per child per hour is quite enough.

6. drumflower

drumflower DIS Veteran

It's a new restarant at Dolphin that specializes in fresh seafood. The menu is on Deb's site. I don't know WHY they offer 2 free hours, but I sure think it's a great incentive to eat there! lol I didn't even believe it until I emailed them and they confirmed it for me! While on Deb's site check up the photo! It looks very nice!

7. kfeuer

kfeuer <font color=blue>My kids are going to think I'm ol

I think that's their gentle way of trying to discourage parents from bringing their children to the restaurant. ;)

Considering they have alot of conventioners there (and it's an upscale restaurant), I can't say I blame them. And as a parent of 2 small children (who likes a night away from anything remotely kiddie now and then) it doesn't offend me a bit!

8. TandyR

TandyR DIS Veteran

I am going to have to tuck that info away...always good to know about free child care. And I love seafood. :D As for the orignal question I would tip about $10. Could you tell us about the resturant and the child care when you get back?

9. drumflower

drumflower DIS Veteran

I will tell everything!:p

10. pplasky

pplasky DIS Veteran

I couldn't find the menu, and very little came up when I searched the sight. It's not listed on the main dining page. Did you find it some place other than dining?

11. drumflower

drumflower DIS Veteran

Go to allearsnet.com, Click on restaurant menus, Look under resorts menus, Find Dolphin Hotel, then look under Todd English's Blue Zoo. They also have pictures in another section on the site. I hope this help!:earboy2:

12. pplasky

pplasky DIS Veteran

Thanks. Don't know how I missed it!