How Much do you allot??

We don't plan any particular amount in advance - I don't believe in formal budgeting. That said, on our last trip in November, we were 3 adults and DD-8. We averaged just under $17/person/day for food. We ate breakfast in our condo. We carried some snacks with us and bought others (got to have Dole Whip and Mickey ice cream bars:) ). Lunch and dinner were either in the parks, in a Disney hotel or offsite - fairly even mix of those.

I always see reports from folks who spend more in the range of $50/person/day but I couldn't imagine spending that much. We don't want or need a fancy sit-down meal each day at Disney. We would rather eat casual and spend our time doing stuff. Some people prefer to sample all the wonderful restaurants at Disney so the food budget goes up accordingly.

We take $225/day for the 4 of us to spend on food and misc.

We usually have some money left at the end of our vacation to put back into savings for the next trip.

This trip is a bit more of a splurge for us. 2 adults 1 child. I am planning for about $140 a day for the three of us. We are planning 1 nice meal or buffet per day and then 2 counter services. A little extra for snacks. We don't plan on anything really extravagant. 'Ohana's will be our biggest meal. On previous trips we have spent as little as about $15 per person per day but that is eating breakfast in our room/condo/camper and then carrying snacks and water bottles with us. We only allowed a couple of times to have a Disney snack. With a little planning you can make any budget work. You can spend a bunch or a little. We are looking forward to trying the restaurants Disney World has to offer and a couple of character breakfasts this time.

we're not budget'ers per se (as in don't write down every expense and try to figure it to the penny pre-trip, we are thrifty when saving for our trip and always looking to get the most bang for our buck) but expect to spend about $150/day for our family of four... that being said, some days we'll exceed it (hoop dee doo revue!) and others we'll come in under (breakfast in room, animal kingdom lunch package, food court for dinner)

We're alloting $150 food budget for two people, although some days we may spend less. We have lots of nice dinners planned and even just one alcoholic drink each will add another $12-15 to the bill. :O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter